• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Yeah i understand you,both have flaws,is this v4? Because on v4 the color is less orange and very close to gen color

Yes this is V4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Both noob with CF bezel , one with shaved ARF dial , cannot decide on both

6e3ec4da59daabebacdd3f85983ef399.jpg

cdddb5f2bc16db76e75fafcaa30c17a7.jpg

Would be cool if you could throw your gen 116500 into the mix for some cool comparison pics!

Liquid Snake

Known Member
28/2/21
Florida
I just got my Noob V4. Is it safe to run the chronograph? I heard that the chronograph hand may not be straight after resetting it. I am fully aware that you must stop the chronograph before resetting it, otherwise it will break the mechanism. Which is true to even a Gen. That is in Chronograph school 1 on 1 :p I went with the superclone movement because I want a working chronograph. Also a side note. I put it on my timegrapher 1900 series and the time is 7+ seconds with amplitude of 295 when flat dial up beat error 0.0-0.1. But oddly it will go around +5 seconds crown up but the amplitude goes down to around 250 :confused:beat error 0.2. It seems to be keeping good time although the amplitude is a bit low which is odd. I'm not getting it serviced until the watch needs it. When I get it serviced I might go ahead and change the balance and bridge for a Gen. That part is $700. Is it worth it :confused: maybe...

anapesticphenomenon6666

Looking Around
15/8/17
Hi all, I have had a white dial V4 for about 5 months, and today I was wiping it down with a microfiber cloth and the bezel spun loose and now can be freely removed/replaced and spun by hand. What can I do to remedy this? Is a new gasket or bezel called for? Thanks

Azboth

Horology Curious
22/2/21
I've just received my QC pics and it seems I got a good one, measurements are well within great range :
Beat rate : +8s/d
Amplitude : 304°
Beat Error : 0.0
Lift angle 52°

Regarding the looks watch itself besides a slight misalignment with the 9h dial hand, and maybe a bit tad fat dials everything seems good to me.
This is my first replica, so I wouldn't mind a second opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cadows

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
677b80cc81fd45cc7443cee44e17160c.png

719f71eb8c241ce3acc3ef5fd8c6c269.png

Reactions: SHB

Liquid Snake

Known Member
28/2/21
Florida
Is it safe to run the chronograph? I received mine but I heard that if you reset it. The chronograph second hand may end up being crooked. :confused:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Is it safe to run the chronograph? I received mine but I heard that if you reset it. The chronograph second hand may end up being crooked. :confused:

You can use it and for that reason try to stop and reset somewhere around 12 o clock and it is much safer for chrono hand to reset at right place,if you reset around 6 o clock ,it can reset wrong

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

Phew that's nothing.
I have heard that the moonlandings didn't really happen, the world is only 6000 years old, and that the covid vaccine puts particles in you so Bill Gates and George Tsoros can tell you what to do via 5G cellphone towers.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13

I've run and reset the chronograph on every Daytona I had so far multiple times and they were ok. I have no use for the chronograph, it was just for fun. My Garmin does a much better job for this kinda thing.

Some people have the chronograph running constantly. No idea why, but they do.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I've run and reset the chronograph on every Daytona I had so far multiple times and they were ok. I have no use for the chronograph, it was just for fun. My Garmin does a much better job for this kinda thing.

Some people have the chronograph running constantly. No idea why, but they do.

Indeed it looks like a seconds hand in a three hander if you run it in tandem with your little seconds hand on the subdial.

This is not recommended but hey it's a free country and people can do with their own watch whatever they want.

I use my chronos for timing stuff like rest time between sets un the gym, cooking times in the kitchen, parking time. Not a whole lot. The hour accumulator really gets no use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20

Good advice above.....also never hit the reset pusher while the sweep hand is running. Doing so may damage the movement (rep and gen alike).

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
The Daytona lettering looks more red than orange in this one that is on its way to me. Seems like these are getting better over time

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Is it just me, but I prefer the 116519ln to the 116500??

What does everyone else think??

The dial is so nice! Definitely noobs best dial. I’m not big on the oyster flex bracelet, so I’m going to be adding a 116519LN dial to my 116500. You can buy it separately for $100

Edit: Saw this on Instagram and fell in love

Last edited:

SLX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/20
Sweden
Newly ordered Daytona V4. A bit sceptical regarding the right subdial, but Leo reset it and it magically aligned. Overall solid piece with great aligned bezel, so chose to GL it.

Excited to join the V4 gang!