• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Giellea Thank you! They look very similar in your photo. Is the CF bezel any brighter/more legible in lower light?

MFK100 Which one gets faded, the CF?

Last edited:

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Who would be the man to talk to about installing the CF bezel and swapping the crystal gasket in the EU?

Giellea

Patron
Certified
17/5/18
Italy
Therion666
yes man, it is brighter even in low light conditions. The installation of the bezel and the change of the gasket can be done by any trusted watchmaker.

Reactions: Therion666

Bobi01

2/2/19
Giellea Thank you! They look very similar in your photo. Is the CF bezel any brighter/more legible in lower light?

MFK100 Which one gets faded, the CF?

For your reference bro,clean bezel is very very bright on stronger lights and looks very genlike,really sparkles on lights... in low light also visible id doesnt go black (on my v3 in low lights v3 went black in low lights and doesnt sparkles on stronger lights)
for fading idk will it fade overtime,i hope it wont
as you can see also this is extremly low light,almost full dark lol

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
OK fellas, it's decided :) I'm already waiting for a reply from Intime. My V4 bezel is way darker than your CF bezels..

Reactions: The Fixer

Bobi01

2/2/19
OK fellas, it's decided :) I'm already waiting for a reply from Intime. My V4 bezel is way darker than your CF bezels..

Yes it is bro it is obvious,on that daylight without sun should look like this
this was taken in car without sun,just daylight,and cf is very bright
Also you can send me qc pic when you recieve bro

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Yes it is bro it is obvious,on that daylight without sun should look like this
this was taken in car without sun,just daylight,and cf is very bright
Also you can send me qc pic when you recieve bro

OK, great, thank you! Are there different versions, do I have to pay attention to a specific detail?

Yours looks very good! Who did you send it to for installation?

Bobi01

2/2/19
OK, great, thank you! Are there different versions, do I have to pay attention to a specific detail?

Yours looks very good! Who did you send it to for installation?

I think old batches are less bright than latest batches,idk how looks intime QC pics so i cant tell you is it bright or not, i saw many simmilar QCs of trustytime so maybe can compare with mine
Nikz19 did full service,instalation of the dial,gen crystal gasket and CF bezel

Last edited:

isoltech

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/20
EU
Who would be the man to talk to about installing the CF bezel and swapping the crystal gasket in the EU?

Just fyi I have recently swapped the crystal gasket with the help of these guides:
How to remove and replace a Ceramic Daytona bezel. - Replica Watch Info (replica-watch.info)
Removing a SA4130 from the case and how to reset the Keyless - Replica Watch Info (replica-watch.info)

I'm not an expert, but with $30 items from Aliexpress and a lot of caution I've done it easily in 20 minutes.
Just saying, this may be also an option you could consider since the tasks are relatively simple.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

Got my QC for my Daytona. Is the left hand subdial straight vertically to you guys? I think it is, had to RL one cause it was clearly not earlier so I may be a bit biased. Could use some outside opinions.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
This is one of the best examples I've ever seen! And the bezel engravings seem to be improved too. I'd take it in a heartbeat...

isoltech : I'm blessed with two left hands, so I better let someone do the job...before I turn the Daytona into a Yachtmaster :D

Robi01 : I can't thank you enough!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobi01

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Both noob with CF bezel , one with shaved ARF dial , cannot decide on both

6e3ec4da59daabebacdd3f85983ef399.jpg

cdddb5f2bc16db76e75fafcaa30c17a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fixer

Horology Curious
4/4/20

Told ya.

CF is just way superior IN DETAILS. But the V4 is a good bezel IRL and on wrist. If you want a different dial and hands, you NEED CF. End of story. If you don't, then maybe not for you. If you change crystal, CF is a must. Basically if you give a shit, CF is superior.

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Arf with thinner subdials,i would take noob dial bro

Yes i guess u r right , i do own both as in the pic , the one with the ARF may be frankened with gen white APH dial and steel CF bezel

My only issue with the noob is the color of the word “daytona” which is way too shiny red and font does not have a slight 3D effect. I found a gen panda dial in Chrono24 but goes for around 5K

Bobi01

2/2/19
Yes i guess u r right , i do own both as in the pic , the one with the ARF may be frankened with gen white APH dial and steel CF bezel

My only issue with the noob is the color of the word “daytona” which is way too shiny red and font does not have a slight 3D effect. I found a gen panda dial in Chrono24 but goes for around 5K

Yeah i understand you,both have flaws,is this v4? Because on v4 the color is less orange and very close to gen color