• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I've read that if you if you press the chronograph reset button (ie lower pusher) while the chronograph is moving, you will break the 4130 clone movement. Is this really the case? If so, does anyone know if there are any gen parts (or after market parts) that can be swapped into the 4130 clone movement to fix this design flaw? (I'm assuming the gen 4130 does not break under this same scenario).

V4 bezels pop up on M2M. All you need for your watch.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Yup, Omega's speedmaster manual says the same thing

Thanks for the insight. I actually just watched a video review on youtube of a gen daytona and sure enough, they recommended not to press the reset button while the sweep second hand was moving to "avoid undue wear or damage to the movement". A bit surprised to hear this. I can't imagine spending $20K+ for a gen daytona only to have my kids or wife eff it up with the wrong press of a button (I of course would never make this mistake!). Looks like the gen (and clone) movement would be greatly improved/strengthened with a flyback feature.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Hi folks, could you help me out please?
I have a Noob V2 Panda version. I haven't kept up in a while and having trouble finding posts that compare the V2 with this new V4.
Could you let me know if it's worth upgrading to the V4 vs. installing a CF bezel on my Noob V2 panda?

V4 bezel is (almost) just as good as the CF as per the cognoscenti. I certainly can't tell the difference. They show up on m2m from people who have ordered a V4 with CF bezel mod and got the V4 bezel with the package. Mine may show up on m2m if/when I can find the time. this is not to be interpreted as soliciting with that statement.

Reactions: SuperLory

thall130

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/21
Hi folks!

I’m planning on getting an ARF and a NOOB 116520 in order to mod it on the NOOB base. In your opinion, is it worth the money to go even further and Franken it with Gen dial and bezel?

thanks in advance to the advice.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Hi folks!

I’m planning on getting an ARF and a NOOB 116520 in order to mod it on the NOOB base. In your opinion, is it worth the money to go even further and Franken it with Gen dial and bezel?

People do some amazing stuff with their Daytonas. They show up on M2M with a degree of regularity.
My poor middle aged eyes can't tell the difference but if you can and if it pleases you go right ahead!

Sabadin

Horology Curious
7/2/21
(Newbie here) Does anyone know if I could commission someone to source a Noob V4 with a ARF bezel (or a further Franken’d version)? Obviously willing to pay for the work, time saving, etc.

Sabadin

Horology Curious
7/2/21
Ok. Thank you. I’ll go that route. Now I need to figure out how to order with during CNY.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Thanks for the insight. I actually just watched a video review on youtube of a gen daytona and sure enough, they recommended not to press the reset button while the sweep second hand was moving to "avoid undue wear or damage to the movement". A bit surprised to hear this. I can't imagine spending $20K+ for a gen daytona only to have my kids or wife eff it up with the wrong press of a button (I of course would never make this mistake!). Looks like the gen (and clone) movement would be greatly improved/strengthened with a flyback feature.

well..not just daytona chrono as you can see. AP chronos are not better ..

Also, just a bit pedantic, to engage the chrono you need to unscrew the pushers in a daytona..i wouldnt let the watch in my kids hands for so long to be honest..

The Fixer

Horology Curious
4/4/20
V4 bezel is (almost) just as good as the CF as per the cognoscenti. I certainly can't tell the difference. They show up on m2m from people who have ordered a V4 with CF bezel mod and got the V4 bezel with the package. Mine may show up on m2m if/when I can find the time. this is not to be interpreted as soliciting with that statement.

I respectfully disagree based on my own experience. The CF is visibly superior in real life to the V4 Noob. The difference isn't huge, to some it may not matter, but its certainly an upgrade, and certainly superior to the V4 Noob.

I ordered a CF to replace a V3 bezel, and got another V4 Daytona simultaneously: Once seeing it in person, I immediately purchased a second CF for the V4 Daytona because the CF is superior. The Noob V4 is good, the CF is superb and its all in the details and refinement.

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Please, could you tell me if the cash register profile has been updated in Noob V4? Someone told me it's more gen-like than previous Noob versions

ricciox

Known Member
14/4/19
I respectfully disagree based on my own experience. The CF is visibly superior in real life to the V4 Noob. The difference isn't huge, to some it may not matter, but its certainly an upgrade, and certainly superior to the V4 Noob.

I ordered a CF to replace a V3 bezel, and got another V4 Daytona simultaneously: Once seeing it in person, I immediately purchased a second CF for the V4 Daytona because the CF is superior. The Noob V4 is good, the CF is superb and its all in the details and refinement.

hi, as soon as you can, you can do a photo comparison of the two bezel? thank you.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

ssouthall6

10/10/13

If you do it once or twice is unlikely to break, but it could. It is just putting unnecessary pressure on parts that weren't designed to withhold that pressure. I've done it by mistake once or twice on 7750's and it never screwed one up, not that I would recommend it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
If you do it once or twice is unlikely to break, but it could. It is just putting unnecessary pressure on parts that weren't designed to withhold that pressure. I've done it by mistake once or twice on 7750's and it never screwed one up, not that I would recommend it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know...thanks

srhoque

28/11/18
Im selling my house, and moving. It may be a while.

Hopefully to a warm Island, you can wear the Daytona everyday :D:D

And BTW, I agree with you - Noob v4 is great but CF a better bezel (has both shades of white and grey depending on how light hits it).

Reactions: Bobi01

Mr.Lee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/20
EU
Hi folks!

Just what I thought... got a Noob v4 LN and a gen 116520 Bezel today. Will get a gen gasket tomorrow and will give it a try on the weekend ????