• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

... I need your help. with my ZZF v2 - VR 3135 sub date

Foschti

Horology Curious
18/7/20
Berlin / Germany
... I need your help. I bought a used ZZF V2 - VR3135 sub date and for me the date is too far down when looking at the magnifying glass.
I once took a few photos with my cell phone.
Do I have to live with it or what can you do there, or what can I have it done?
Then I have another question. Somebody from a facebook group told me that the dial is not that of the ZZF v2 dial. But it looks like this to me. Thank you for your help

ZZeVdL.jpg

ZZecxR.jpg

ZZ5DW8.jpg

ZZeJIQ.jpg

ZZ5ZlK.jpg

ZZU0oQ.jpg

ZZUbTL.jpg

ZZUx0R.jpg

ZZUV58.jpg

Last edited:

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Swap the date wheel out with an aftermarket date wheel or a gen date wheel.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Your dial is definitely a ZZF dial so you can quit worrying about that. All but very recent ZZF Sub dials have a tiny flaw in the X in ROLEX where the bottom half is misshapen. Yours has that flaw, no other factory's dials have it.

pEoLI.jpg

3135 datewheels themselves are seldom flawed in numeral position, they are printed in batches of thousands. VR datewheels are known to be quite good, and yours looks to be an original VR. So I would look toward a movement calendar part as the culprit. These can be tricky to correctly ID. Best done by a forum watchmaker who has spare parts that can be swapped around to try to isolate the issue.

Failing that, a new movement is about $135. The old one could be sold as a no date 3135 or for parts.

Subdued

20/11/19
Your dial is not ZZF. It does’nt have the OFFICIALL Y with it.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Your dial is definitely a ZZF dial so you can quit worrying about that. All but very recent ZZF Sub dials have a tiny flaw in the X in ROLEX where the bottom half is misshapen. Yours has that flaw, no other factory's dials have it.

pEoLI.jpg

3135 datewheels themselves are seldom flawed in numeral position, they are printed in batches of thousands. VR datewheels are known to be quite good, and yours looks to be an original VR. So I would look toward a movement calendar part as the culprit. These can be tricky to correctly ID. Best done by a forum watchmaker who has spare parts that can be swapped around to try to isolate the issue.

Failing that, a new movement is about $135. The old one could be sold as a no date 3135 or for parts.

Always great advice from you.

Reactions: KJ2020