• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Battle Has Already Begun

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
By the way, just because it's not me the one who tells BS, i went to a friend of mine's house and he lent me his genuine 116610 LV for some pictures, and just by handling it and tilting it just a bit, here comes the elusive black hole effect.

431-B5-EF6-C552-4965-8-F98-6084854201-D2.jpg

online e registration

Cool right?

Well, that's fundamental in any rep, even if the new reps will manage to have perfect crown guards and perfect lug shape no one will ever notice that shit, but the crystal will always be noticeable unless they step up their game

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

The BH will become a thing of the past though with new Rolexes having AR on the entire underside of the crystal starting with the 12661x's. The whole crystal will look like the dark green shadow sliver right of the cyclops in your pic.

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

The BH will become a thing of the past though with new Rolexes having AR on the entire underside of the crystal starting with the 12661x's. The whole crystal will look like the dark green shadow sliver right of the cyclops in your pic.

mmh could be, still have to see one of those in person, but i don't think that it's a justification for the factories to stop trying to improve the BH for the 116xxx models, lol they were lazy for 10 years, they really need to wake up

Reactions: KJ2020

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
As a side note and a cool off topic, the hulk stopped being produced the first of september, the warranty is dated 10th of September, this has to be the last hulk ever made by rolex / sold by an AD, i wonder if that could be used as a lever to pump more money for a sale lmao

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Tete

4/11/16
By the way, just because it's not me the one who tells BS, i went to a friend of mine's house and he lent me his genuine 116610 LV for some pictures, and just by handling it and tilting it just a bit, here comes the elusive black hole effect.

online e registration

Cool right?

Well, that's fundamental in any rep, even if the new reps will manage to have perfect crown guards and perfect lug shape no one will ever notice that shit, but the crystal will always be noticeable unless they step up their game

when a factory will try to make those lugs? it's not difficult at all. Always question why? In different Rolex models, when a part of the case is flat, the rep makes it curved, when gen is curved, the rep make it flat and straight. Why? that they achieve with this? They improve bezels, dials, hands, lumen color, etc ... but the boxes are always a copy that does not come close. By this I do not mean that they do not have quality or look pretty, but they do not have the same appearance as gen.

I had gen 116610ln for five years, for financial reasons I had to sell it. After I have had Noob v7, V10, Arf v3, Zzf v2s, Nail, and none come close. Now I have ordered VSF vs3135 but I think that when I have it in hand it will not convince me. Please a 1: 1 case !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
” None come close “..... well that’s just not correct. They are scary close, I have a couple of reps in rotation with my gens and they are pretty much identical. Yes you can see I tiny difference in the CG on the ZZF hulk, but nothing you would ever notice in real life, or if you are not comparing it side by side with a gen. But I do agree with you, the new VSF case looks very promising, and possible the best case to date. I got one on order, and it could be the base for my next franken hulk

Tete

4/11/16
” None come close “..... well that’s just not correct. They are scary close, I have a couple of reps in rotation with my gens and they are pretty much identical. Yes you can see I tiny difference in the CG on the ZZF hulk, but nothing you would ever notice in real life, or if you are not comparing it side by side with a gen. But I do agree with you, the new VSF case looks very promising, and possible the best case to date. I got one on order, and it could be the base for my next franken hulk

possibly it's my fault, I see so many images and videos of gen that I know every corner and every millimeter of its shape by heart lololol. Only once did I get a similar case and it was with a black ARf 114300 Op39, I took it to a lathe workshop and with very good machinery they gave the lugs the flat shape of Gen, it was not 100% the same as Gen but from all angles it was pretty good.

Darkness5.0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/20

online e registration

Cool right?

Gotta love the Black hole effect and I’m actually very please with this latest ZZF I just received the Crystal is pretty damn good in my opinion :)

https://imgur.com/gallery/Q5NcIB3

https://imgur.com/gallery/N8hRzMS

Reactions: Mathias_J

Tete

4/11/16
i wish people were not obsessed so much with crystal and dw, in the end of the day is not that hard to replace imo

exactly, let's give more importance and ask for better cases. Without that the rest does not matter, you can make Franken but it will always look strange, with a good case you can do whatever you want !!

Reactions: freediver

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
i wish people were not obsessed so much with crystal and dw, in the end of the day is not that hard to replace imo

It just shouldn't be necessary! Replacing the date wheel and crystal will cost you more than the entire otb cost of the RXF - which for me, manages to rep both parts sufficiently well. We shouldn't need the extra expense and extra hassle of modding these bits - the technology is out there!

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
It just shouldn't be necessary! Replacing the date wheel and crystal will cost you more than the entire otb cost of the RXF - which for me, manages to rep both parts sufficiently well. We shouldn't need the extra expense and extra hassle of modding these bits - the technology is out there!

thank you, this is the point.

Reactions: Russkiy Doc

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
thank you, this is the point.

i don't agree with you but ofc is only my thinking
I would buy any day a rep with crappy date/cyclops but good case,cg's,lugs,rehaut
I understand what you mean about the quality of the product you buy, but here is jungle, none of these rules from RL works
Look at the posts in every new sub thread, tons of people complaining about cyclops with flat fat lugs getting unoticed etc

Last edited:

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
It is actually back to 'what flaw can you accept'
I dont think it need to discuss so the thread will not have looonggg pages that fill with BS comments,,,
Just my 2 cents,,,