• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Battle Has Already Begun

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
AR, Noob, ZF and VS all confirmed possession of the gen 126610LV.

I believe there will be at least 10 factories making the new 2020 sub.

We shall see the first 1:1 126610 rep by 2021 CNY if we are lucky.

EDIT: AR Development Team will be disscussing the feasibility of having RWI and PureTime in assisting them in the 41SUB production, please give this post a thumbs up and I will show them how demanding this is so they can approve this.

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

Good news!

Who do you think is going to launch first?
Do you think some factories will hold back to wait and see what the first one out is like?

Reactions: watchboi

eshow3907

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/13
Let the battle begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Good news!

Who do you think is going to launch first?
Do you think some factories will hold back to wait and see what the first one out is like?

I think they all have the similar production power so they should release in the similar time.

They won't hold back and wait because they are all capable of making a good sub, so the more important question is, "who will make the best new sub".

I hope ARF will allow me to work with them to produce the watch like old days so I can update you guys and gather feedbacks from the entire community so they will surely have the best copy.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Exciting. The Sub 41 will be our next rep grail.

Reactions: Tony12345

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's really a shame Rolex chose to use an SD43 sized clasp on a 41.36mm Sub case. I've read that it was done to maintain the same taper on the bracelet from SEL to clasp, otherwise it would look excessive with the new 21mm lug width.

But as you can see in the pic below, the 216570 EXP II has that exact "excessive taper" and it's on a watch even larger than the new Subs.

Maxi case out. Maxi clasp in. SMH

ZDkfE8.jpg

ZDpVCR.jpg

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

Thats exactly what I said in other thread just I didnt know that 4 factories have it. I think Noob will have a slight advantage cause they are “messing” with 3235 already but no doubt overall quality will be in ARF’s hands.

Reactions: Thrasher

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
I think they all have the similar production power so they should release in the similar time.

They won't hold back and wait because they are all capable of making a good sub, so the more important question is, "who will make the best new sub".

I hope ARF will allow me to work with them to produce the watch like old days so I can update you guys and gather feedbacks from the entire community so they will surely have the best copy.

We hope so too. You could start telling them one single most important thing to do right: the case. With their level of steel finishing it's a shame that they ruin every single case making it fatter than the gen counterpart. A wrong case completely ruin the watch. They should focus for once on getting the case right. With their quality in terms of finishing if they can get it right they can acquire a long term advantage over other competitors and became also the best franken base for the future.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
We hope so too. You could start telling them one single most important thing to do right: the case. With their level of steel finishing it's a shame that they ruin every single case making it fatter than the gen counterpart. A wrong case completely ruin the watch. They should focus for once on getting the case right. With their quality in terms of finishing if they can get it right they can acquire a long term advantage over other competitors and became also the best franken base for the future.

I will talk to AR because I am close to them.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Exciting and we hope that there will be a "perfect" 1:1 sub but yet again......V1 V2 V3 etc ...select the version with the flaws you can accept. Repeat cycle.

Reactions: p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Exciting and we hope that there will be a "perfect" 1:1 sub but yet again......V1 V2 V3 etc ...select the version with the flaws you can accept. Repeat cycle.
This... :/