• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Factory VS3135 Movement New Release Announcement

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
The hulk will never be a good rep. It is on SS.

Baffles me why someone would want this

I assume you mean Smurf?

I want one. Well, I have one. I have one because it's a lovely watch and it makes me smile when I look at it I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking I'm something I'm not so the fact that it's made of steel is of no consequence. In fact, if someone was to offer me a steel one or a gold one (assuming both made by Rolex and taking money/resale value out of the equation), I'd prefer steel.

Last edited:
Reactions: kavorca1

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
I assume you mean Smurf?

I want one. Well, I have one. I have one because it's a lovely watch and it makes me smile when I look at it I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking I'm something I'm not so the fact that it's made of steel is of no consequence. In fact, if someone was to offer me a steel one or a gold one (assuming both made by Rolex and taking money/resale value out of the equation), I'd prefer steel.

Smurf*** lol

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
The hulk will never be a good rep. It is on SS. It is an instant tell and makes the watch look cheap. Its the equivilant of buying a gold watch. It is an instant tell if one were to hold it.

Baffles me why someone would want this

Have you ever held a gen smurf or replica? Or even seen one in person for that matter?

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Btw all the reps have "tells" whether it's the font, print, dial color or even s/s passing for w/g. So if that's what worries you...the "tells" ....then buy a gen because ALL reps have TELLS

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
There is a slight difference between a font issue and trying to pass a stainless steel case & bracelet for white gold...
Rep factories rhodium plate date just bezel, so why don’t they try on smurf ? Maybe this is not a very popular Watch

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
There is a slight difference between a font issue and trying to pass a stainless steel case & bracelet for white gold...
Rep factories rhodium plate date just bezel, so why don’t they try on smurf ? Maybe this is not a very popular Watch

Yea to me if I am concern about tell (not that I am), the real tell in the Smurf is really the model itself. Of course I mean only in watches circles. Outside of it no one cares about our watches and 99.99% won't even know this is supposed to be in white gold. In watch circles, even if reps are rhodium plated end to end with perfect bezel and dial, people will still be skeptical just becoz gen of it is so uncommon. Unless you are a mega rollie collector, chances are you won't opt for this particular model and people who care about watches will normally be curious and ask about it.

For me, I just love anything and everything blue and this is just a damn fine watch. If I ever get one I would happily tell anyone who ask that it is a rep - "LOL bro did you seriously think I would pay 40k+ for just another sub?"

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

Bezel is simple, bracelet and case are not plus life span of rhodium plating is 6 months if that.

unless your letting someone hold the replica, they're not gonna tell the difference.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Yea to me if I am concern about tell (not that I am), the real tell in the Smurf is really the model itself. Of course I mean only in watches circles. Outside of it no one cares about our watches and 99.99% won't even know this is supposed to be in white gold. In watch circles, even if reps are rhodium plated end to end with perfect bezel and dial, people will still be skeptical just becoz gen of it is so uncommon. Unless you are a mega rollie collector, chances are you won't opt for this particular model and people who care about watches will normally be curious and ask about it.

For me, I just love anything and everything blue and this is just a damn fine watch. If I ever get one I would happily tell anyone who ask that it is a rep - "LOL bro did you seriously think I would pay 40k+ for just another sub?"

You can't really notice the difference between WG and Steel unless you put them side by side under the same warm indirect light, under direct light they are perfectly the same.

Also the weight difference is a tell only if you give it to someone to hold, but even then, if they don't know it's supposed to be WG it's fine, but if they know they will feel the difference for a full daytona or a full sub with the heavy bracelet. But if you hand them something like a 116519 that doesn't have the heavy bracelet the difference will be way less noticeable, since it's around 30 grams.

They will feel the difference only if they feel both the gen and the rep in both hands, and even then, if they are distracted they won't notice

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
You can't really notice the difference between WG and Steel unless you put them side by side under the same warm indirect light, under direct light they are perfectly the same.

Spot on! Visually only with indoor light (low color temp) where WG has a warmer shine than steel. But for people who actually cares about watches the 116619 is bound to be a talking point due to the relative rarity.

Btw lovely daytonas! I would love to add the 116519 myself too.

Reactions: vcappp and mari115

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Spot on! Visually only with indoor light (low color temp) where WG has a warmer shine than steel. But for people who actually cares about watches the 116619 is bound to be a talking point due to the relative rarity.

Btw lovely daytonas! I would love to add the 116519 myself too.

thanks bro ;)

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
VSF is known for releasing custom made movements, and the VS3135 will be no different by making it 1:1 like the gen

The appearance, parts and function will be closely replicated.

They do not use cheap parts to make their movements, and they have good QC on them.

The new series of VS3135 submariners will be released by VSF.

Does VSF have a plan to release the other models such as YM 116622 that uses the 3135 movement?

Thanks for information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk