• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Factory VS3135 Movement New Release Announcement

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Why do people want this? Just so its closer to gen or are there other advantages?

Personnaly because i like to practice watchmaking on it (and i fail quite often!). So yes, closer to gen

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
But it's maybe better this way. This could be a kind of red line, as it would make it more way more difficult to spot a fake movement, and thus maybe more clampdown on it.

aglove84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/20
Eric at GeekTime. Placed an order ahead of time ;)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

How much if you don’t mind my asking. About to pull the trigger on the RXF but very tempted to hold off and wait for this release. My VSF SMP 300 is $$$$

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Sorry for the OT but VSF for God sake, why cloning the 3135 when we already have more than 3 versions on the market and not trying to clone the speedmaster movement, which would make you the king factory of omega replicas? :mad:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Lol I cant manage to give you all my expertise in 3 different threads which are burning I need a moderators!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: tonydel11

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
How much if you don’t mind my asking. About to pull the trigger on the RXF but very tempted to hold off and wait for this release. My VSF SMP 300 is $$$$
~$50 more than the RXF 2824-2 i.e. ~$438

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

JonasBuskas

Known Member
20/8/10
and I think the vs3135 will be fully interchangeable with gen part (they removed the 2 pins for exemple as gen)

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
What problem is VSF trying to solve here? We already had an excellent build quality and finish with the VR. For me, progress will be when a factory releases a free sprung balance movement. Or focus on the areas of larger improvement like hands, crystal and dial/insert. Any of the clones (and possibly the VS as well) still needs to be supplemented with gen parts (like the wheels, date parts, autowind or pinions) to provide more reliability and longevity.

Or comes up with a true 3235 clone. Given where Rolex is going and the new models, this should be the focus

Reactions: srhoque and XLR8R

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
I don't think any rep will come with free-sprung balance, it's not that they can't put it in any movement, but they won't because it takes too long to regulate.
It requires a skilled watchsmith, not your average factory worker to make it accurate.

Last edited:
Reactions: WatchMeSailor

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
I don't think any rep will come with free-sprung balance, it's not that they can't put it in any movement, but they won't because it takes too long to regulate.
It requires a skilled watchsmith, not your average factory worker to make it accurate.

Further, It makes it easier for us to service them ourselves if that's what we want to do. I also like having a nice tell on the watch that is still discrete. It helps protect people from being sold fakes that are pitched as gens and in terms of Rolex, given that a Hulk literally doubles in value once you take it out of the AD, I would wear the rep as a mark of pride - giving the finger to a company that plays games with the market, making it difficult for the average person to ever be able to buy the Gen, even if they could afford it.

Last edited:

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Interestingly, if you look at the photos, the banking pins are removed in the new movement. I'm so impressed with the VR3135 I can;t wait to get my hands on a VS3135. I have a couple watches that I'd love to throw one in if it's as good as it looks. =)

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Rol.exe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
New Zealand
I'm happy kennygconspiracy has decided to take the plunge and look forward to his feedback. I expect it will meet expectations as they have a decent eye for detail and have clearly been planning and developing these releases for a while.

If it isn't a thing on RWI, I'd like to propose the use of /s after a sarcastic comment to denote sarcasm. Communication without body language and intonation can be tough and that may prevent some misunderstandings.

I'm quite opposed to Daniel Wellington watches as they are quite popular in NZ. They are cheaply/poorly made on close inspection and I think the minimalist designs are lazily done. I think a rep would beat a gen in this case but if someone loves their DW watch, what right do I have to judge? I like my watches to be of a stolen design, made by children in sweatshops, run by Triads, who support terrorism. /s