• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

126710BLRO Please save me hours of research?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I spent hours and hours researching and reading reviews on reps before choosing my ZZF 116610LV which is still in the post.
I spent less time researching the 37mm Yacht I bought for my wife, but in my defence there are fewer of those to choose from!..still awaiting QC for this one.

Please help, simple answer required.. I'd like to buy a 126710BLRO 'Pepsi' but there are so many and i'm reading about bezels falling off and not being able to set the time without breaking it, etc.

My wise friends, please tell me which is the Pepsi rep worth buying today?

Also, happy to go ETA instead of a clone 3186.. I have an ETA 2836-2 in a rep I got in 2002 and its still going keeping goodtime, but more recently I bought a JF 16610LN and the bracelet snapped and the movement broke, I got about 5 weeks out of that one...

Thank you in advance for saving me much research.

So, sorry for the waffle.. to recap, the question is which rep Pepsi should I be looking for that has a good case and a quality bracelet , accurate bezel colours and a reliable movement ideally with correct handstack? or am I going to have to compromise on one or more of these desires?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I'd forget about correct handstack TBH. No one will notice anyway and if they do they are are way inside your personal space. Go with an ETA base with IHS.
As for which one I'm usure where it stands right now but all of them are pretty darn good.

Reactions: pompompurin

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Get the Noob for the insert (which is the most significant aesthetic component of the watch). Then mod the components that you want improved like the movement. Have the bezel serviced so that it is attached more securely

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
I just got the Noob Gmt and it's a real nice piece. As the previous posters mentioned, it does need some modding if you want it to be reliable. I'm planning on getting the movement switched out with a BP 2836 that I have and getting the bezel serviced. Problem is, our resident Rwi modders seem to be so busy nowadays :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

guybythelake

13/7/14
Pepsi a model none of the factories got it right. I can not live with any of the too obvious flaws all have. So I stay clear of that model. Unfortunately batman too!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Pepsi a model none of the factories got it right. I can not live with any of the too obvious flaws all have. So I stay clear of that model. Unfortunately batman too!

In a nutshell, this.

You can pay $650 for a Noob. For that price you get an insert which still isn’t the right colour, and which will fall off, but at least it will fall off after the movement shits itself, rendering the watch an expensive paperweight.

Do not reward Noob for its less than mediocre effort and instead get something which both resembles the real thing and works.

Reactions: Yogibear and KJ2020

Pippo9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/16
I'm in exactly the same boat. I did enquire with a TD about a GMF version with A2836, but was told this wasn't available as the factories are shifting towards CHS albeit with a time bomb movement. I might see if anyone else can source one with ICHS. I've got a few watches with A2836 and they've been very reliable so far (fingers crossed).

From what I can gather, VRF may be your best option. Reliable movement, CHS, but the bezel insert is not the best. However, Noob bezel insert should be something you can swap in (if you can source one), or otherwise wait until someone else produces a decent one and swap it in later.

That may be the route i go with. VRF Pepsi on jubilee, then add an insert later.

Be interested to see where you end up on this.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
I just ordered a GMF Batgirl with the ICHS from Sead about a hour ago so I'm pretty sure they're still available.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks folks, this is as I had suspected, there is no good rep of the Pepsi without buying extra bits and modding.

I'll look for something else.

I'd buy the ARF16610LN if I thought the bracelet wouldn't break and the movement wouldn't die when I set the date, but I have read it is actually a step back in quality from the JF(?) version which it also shares some (or all) of the parts from with the JF, with that one being no longer available.

So next option may be a Sea-Dweller, not a deep sea.. are there any killer SD's on the market?

Or what would you suggest for a good 'out the box rep', I'm pretty fussy and not into modding..I have some tools but last time I tried repairs I just made things worse! lol .

guybythelake

13/7/14
Thanks folks, this is as I had suspected, there is no good rep of the Pepsi without buying extra bits and modding.

I'll look for something else.

I'd buy the ARF16610LN if I thought the bracelet wouldn't break and the movement wouldn't die when I set the date, but I have read it is actually a step back in quality from the JF(?) version which it also shares some (or all) of the parts from with the JF, with that one being no longer available.

So next option may be a Sea-Dweller, not a deep sea.. are there any killer SD's on the market?

Or what would you suggest for a good 'out the box rep', I'm pretty fussy and not into modding..I have some tools but last time I tried repairs I just made things worse! lol .

The ARF GMT is pretty good. Apparently the date disks are hit or miss... i have one and had to swap the movement with VRF in few months and both the original movement and VRF had decent datedisks. Excellent over all. I swapped the bezel to gen but it was not really needed. It looked very very close. But i dont know how long the paint would last. Also very good SELs. Great bracelet and overall quality.I had a noob v9 gmt, and ARF is much better.

I just bought a ZZF no date sub. And the insert is ok but not great, so i am waiting for gen insert to arrive in few days. But i would always go for a no date sub so i dont have to swap the crystal and datedisk. Noob subs are not bad but most factories still cant get get the insert right. if you are willing to swap the insert, noob is a much easier swap because it us not pressed. You can pop the bezel, little blow-dry heat and glue softens up. And glue the new insert. Not pressed like ARF and ZZF. I think to get a good rolex sport model going, need a good bezel and either no date or gen crystal. And decent SELs. BTW ZZF bracelet was very good. Almost ARF quality. It is much better to know what you are going to update or keep it OTB beforehand so that you can buy the right watch.

Should be clear as mud now... lol

Reactions: KJ2020

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
That does look good! I own a 2018 gen version of that one, needing a little change!