• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of RXF's 116610LN

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
Every picture of the RXF I’ve seen has a crooked cyclops (i.e., the bottom/top of the cyclops is not parallel to the date window). The VSF cyclops is centered, which is odd considering they’re supposed to have similar crystals. In any case, I’d like to get an RXF but wandering whether it’s worth asking a dealer to try to find an aligned cyclops. So, has anyone received an RXF sub with an aligned cyclops?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Every picture of the RXF I’ve seen has a crooked cyclops (i.e., the bottom/top of the cyclops is not parallel to the date window). The VSF cyclops is centered, which is odd considering they’re supposed to have similar crystals. In any case, I’d like to get an RXF but wandering whether it’s worth asking a dealer to try to find an aligned cyclops. So, has anyone received an RXF sub with an aligned cyclops?

I was satisfied with the alignment of my RXF date window and cyclops. QC pic:

Zh0zFI.jpg

dla329

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19

But I Think the VSF has a slightly wider Datewindow. But not sure!

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I think that if you are not sure about a flaw, if it looks that good i mean, then is ok :)

Last edited:

dla329

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
I think that if you are not sure about a flaw, if it looks that good i mean, then is ok :)

I m Not sure Cause I m only juding from pics I saw from the VSF alone. If you Turn a watch only by 1 degree and do a photo it will look diffrent. Thats why I m waiting for side by side pics with the RXF and VSF in same light. Would buy the VSF too, if the inlay platinum Paint and Datewindow is really better.

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
I got one also. This thing is top notch. Funny story i wore it to the AD when i went to pick up the 126613lb. The sales clerk insisted on cleaning all my jewelry and of course my watch. I said no but she continued to offer so i said what the heck why not. She cleaned it and didnt say a word, infact 2 other employees complimented the watch and said congrats on adding the 2tone to the sub collection. My point is this rep is outstanding ootb. Not that sales people are experts by any means but they do however handle gen watches all day and this one was handled, cleaned, and complimented by a very reputable and large AD. Obviously once the caseback is off its a tell but who cares I'd never let that happen anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
I just approved my QC today...the cyclop looks well aligned with the date window and the SELs looks very good as well.
Can't wait to get it to show you some nice pictures !

It looks great. These pictures are all really making me want a Sub. Got to resist, got to resist........

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
I got one also. This thing is top notch. Funny story i wore it to the AD when i went to pick up the 126613lb. The sales clerk insisted on cleaning all my jewelry and of course watch. I said no but she continued to offer so i said what the heck why not. She cleaned it and didnt say a word, infact 2 other employees complimented the watch and said congrats on adding the 2tone to the sub collection. My point is some is this rep is outstanding ootb. Not that sales people are experts by any means but theh do however handle gen watches all day and this one was handled, cleaned, and complimented by a very reputable and large AD. Obviously once rhe caseback is off its a tell but who cares id never let that happen anyway.

Really nice and funny story ! it makes sense as We are kind of the only one who care about the flaws or watch it really close.

My friends did the same with the v2s zzf lv his grandfather built rolex in the 50's. I told him it was a fake he fall down of his chair haha

Reactions: Cowboy45

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
Really nice and funny story ! it makes sense as We are kind of the only one who care about the flaws or watch it really close.

My friends did the same with the v2s zzf lv his grandfather built rolex in the 50's. I told him it was a fake he fall down of his chair haha
Yeah they have come a LONG way. Coming from someone who owns both rep and gen watches, at this point without popping off a caseback i dont trust myself to make a 100% sure call on some of these new higher end reps these days. And some of these new movements make me not even confident in that haha.

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
Yeah they have come a LONG way. Coming from someone who owns both rep and gen watches, at this point without popping off a caseback i dont trust myself to make a 100% sure call on some of these new higher end reps these days. And some of these new movements make me not even confident in that haha.

Yep it's true! for me the real visible flaw is the xtal I mean the cyclops but with these RXF and VSF we've made such a nice step forward.
The new vs3135 look well finished as well With even a notch it's crazy

​​​

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe
I got one also. This thing is top notch. Funny story i wore it to the AD when i went to pick up the 126613lb. The sales clerk insisted on cleaning all my jewelry and of course my watch. I said no but she continued to offer so i said what the heck why not. She cleaned it and didnt say a word, infact 2 other employees complimented the watch and said congrats on adding the 2tone to the sub collection. My point is this rep is outstanding ootb. Not that sales people are experts by any means but they do however handle gen watches all day and this one was handled, cleaned, and complimented by a very reputable and large AD. Obviously once the caseback is off its a tell but who cares I'd never let that happen anyway.

Would love to see some pictures of your 126613! Thinking of buying one for my 40th birthday :D

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16

Agree. A few years ago I sold a gen 16613 serti dial which id owned for 10 years, the guy who came to buy it was all over it and scrutinized it so much I very nearly got pissed with him going over the top checking it, I was amazed as I had the original boxset, warranty card with my name on from the AD etc etc etc.. I couldn´t believe it wasnt obvious to him that it was real.

Then I found RWI and now I know why, LOL.

Reactions: Doc_Savage