• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of RXF's 116610LN

qChella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
EU
kennygconspiracy thanks for the review. I pulled the trigger on this one shortly after you posted. I’m an ootb kind of guy. It was the first watch I’ve ordered since the pandemic. Whoof! Shipping was a different experience than it was in the past. It just arrived, resized and is on my wrist. I’m still not sure if I got all the plastic off. I thought ARF’s were wrapped.
I may start a thread detailing the path that it took to get here. Thanks for the evenhanded review and the confidence to make it happen

Can we get some high quality pictures and at least a small compression between an arf watch in terms of overall quality? Thanks.

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
Sorry double post. Can be deleted.

The ARF I have is a V1 LV. I’m very happy with it but might be a little apples to oranges thing. The one thing I may be able to compare would be the bracelet. I need a little time to get a feel and then I may offer an opinion on the difference. I’ve always liked the feel of the ARF.

qChella

11/3/18
EU
The ARF I have is a V1 LV. I’m very happy with it but might be a little apples to oranges thing. The one thing I may be able to compare would be the bracelet. I need a little time to get a feel and then I may offer an opinion on the difference. I’ve always liked the feel of the ARF.

Yeah you are right but I think arf v1 to v3s bracelets are around the same quality in terms of feel. I believe the watch’s face dial bezel etc. are superior on rxf anyways. It would be good to have comment later on in terms of difference of bracelets. Thanks in advance.

aglove84

6/6/20
If the rehaut would be better or as the ZZF one it would be a really nice rep for the price. Maybe with the 3135 we will have some surprise (I really doubt about this but still..)

Edit : speaking of bracelet any feedback comparing to arf one or zzf ?

Absolutely! The rehaut is absolutely my number 1 bugbear with ZZF. Really surprised they still haven’t fixed it with the V3

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I respect a skeptic but looking at the trends, smoke has endorsed subs from different TDs (vsf from trusty, noob v6s from angus, Etc.) which to me means that even if he’s paid, he is first loyal to finding the best sub

I'm sorry but if he's calling it before even seeing one in person its dodgy AF. This isn't instagram

Reactions: d3s19n

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I respect a skeptic but looking at the trends, smoke has endorsed subs from different TDs (vsf from trusty, noob v6s from angus, Etc.) which to me means that even if he’s paid, he is first loyal to finding the best sub

Lol I wish I was paid if someone wants to pay me let me know lol .ive not even got the rxf sub but looking at the pics the OP posted I'm impressed.i dont have the money to buy one as I'm trying to move house but if someone wants to send me one for fee I'll review. It.
I can only afford 1 watch and I'm gonna buy the zzf v3 hulk..but I also want the new sub trusty is promoting with the new movement .Andrew if you want to send me 1 I'll give my honest opinion ha ha .

Last edited:

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
If you've ever had a gen rolex you know a gen crystal immediately. Black hole, no black hole, cyclops, no cyclops...doesn't matter. The gen has a 'sheen', a finesse that is almost impossible to articulate but an easy tell side by side in hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: d3s19n and stufuse

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
If you've ever had a gen rolex you know a gen crystal immediately. Black hole, no black hole, cyclops, no cyclops...doesn't matter. The gen has a 'sheen', a finesse that is almost impossible to articulate but an easy tell side by side in hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct a gen xtal is needed always on any rep that uses a cyclops

Rol.exe

17/8/20
New Zealand
Lol I wish I was paid if someone wants to pay me let me know lol .ive not even got the rxf sub but looking at the pics the OP posted I'm impressed.i dont have the money to buy one as I'm trying to move house but if someone wants to send me one for fee I'll review. It.
I can only afford 1 watch and I'm gonna buy the zzf v3 hulk..but I also want the new sub trusty is promoting with the new movement .Andrew if you want to send me 1 I'll give my honest opinion ha ha .

Perhaps we need to start a givealittle page for Smoke once all the final 116610LNs are released for a detailed "watch-off" and to crown a king. If we all chip in $10 or $20, we could have a relatively definitive answer as to which is best ootb and which would be best to mod.

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15

As I've done previously, I am willing to do once again. Let me know what watches you want to review for the forum and I'll cover the cost. If you like it you may keep it, as we done before.

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
As I've done previously, I am willing to do once again. Let me know what watches you want to review for the forum and I'll cover the cost. If you like it you may keep it, as we done before.

Can I participate as well I'm willing to volunteer to review the gen?

I'll probably like it.

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Can I participate as well I'm willing to volunteer to review the gen?

I'll probably like it.
I can't cover the cost for everyone who wants to review a watch, either if you pay it or not in the end, people are waiting for smokes opinion on each and every sub release so I am making it for the community, not Paul per se.

Reactions: k4jun

qChella

11/3/18
EU
I can't cover the cost for everyone who wants to review a watch, either if you pay it or not in the end, people are waiting for smokes opinion on each and every sub release so I am making it for the community, not Paul per se.

I think he is joking since he wanted to review the gen

Reactions: DR Russell

Rol.exe

17/8/20
New Zealand

I'm hoping my very first wrist shot will work this time. If not, I'll stop trying as I don't want to clog this thread with my failure. It was just a quick office shot which certainly doesn't do the watch justice.

I have to say, I wasn't entirely sure what all the fuss was about with the crystal but DAMN! It is amazing! Everything is smaller and more refined in-person (after seeing so many blown up photos) and boy does it sparkle. I'm so happy to be in the rep world now.

qChella

11/3/18
EU

I think he is joking since he wanted to review the gen

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13

PM me bro let's chat.i want to review this rxf and the new vsf with the crazy vs 3135.im getting a zzf but that's all I can afford thanks again bro. I have the gen so that can be compared in the pics.appreachiate the kind offer great asset to the forum.and sub c fanatics ha ha

Last edited:

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16

What a pleasant surprise, hearing from a truely generous watch enthusiast like Sir Asmodeus who has been contributing to the RWI community. For the many newbies who have been dominating the threads lately, Sir Asmodeus is one of the 1st if not THE first to "introduce" to this community what is now known as the SA3135 movement. I remember cuz I even suggested naming the movement after him: AS3135 as in Asmodeus 3135. Of course later on came the better SH3135 followed by the much better VR3135... and lately/now the VS3135. Which incidentally is my personal pick: the new Trusty Time VSF with VS3135 movement. But I digress...

And now this very generous offer to foot the bill so our smoke can do us the review. Take a bow, Sir Asmodeus ! We truly miss honorable contributing members like you!