• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of RXF's 116610LN

aglove84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/20
I’ve just preordered the VSF based on this pic. Fantastic xtal black hole effect. Thanks for sharing!

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Ha ha no I just saw a few that had the exact same serial number .I'm going to get one of these and compare to the zzf v3

You should wait a week or two until they come out with the VSF (aka RXF) 116610LV model with the new VS3135 movement. Compare that bad boy to the ZZF V3 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aglove84

6/6/20
Oh wow! Great xtal. Bright bezel. Perfectly aligned rehaut!! So good

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Here are some more comparison pics to a gen LV

Thanks so much for the photos. The crystal looks the same to me too. Which really confuses me, because earlier in the thread you said that you'd swap the RXF crystal for Gen and that the difference between them is night and day: 'Any blind can see it' is how you explained the difference. But I don't get that. What is the weakness in the RXF crystal in your opinion?

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
If you have both in hands and turn them around you see the difference to the gen crystal. The gen one has a much better anti reflecting coating and better cyclops with a bit more magnification.
You can shoot photos where the RXF crystal looks as good as the gen if you have to correct light and reflection but in real there is a difference.
But I have to say that it is the bEst crystal from what I have seen compared to Noob and ARF, I don‘t have a ZZF.
I have a gen 116610 crystal her and I will change it because my crystal on the RXF is also a tiny bit rotated to the right and this bothers me when I look at it.
I bought the crystal for the ARF but now I will use it on the RXF.
I will also get a RXF Hulk because mine is in the hands of my wife :D

But over all I love the RXF with the ARF bracket because it feels very, very good.
The A2824 rungs + 1 to +2 seconds a day what is very good for a Chinese movement let’s see how long this lasts I will keep it at the moment and will not swap to a Swiss ETA for now.

Hope the RXF Hulk shows up soon!

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
If you have both in hands and turn them around you see the difference to the gen crystal. The gen one has a much better anti reflecting coating and better cyclops with a bit more magnification.
You can shoot photos where the RXF crystal looks as good as the gen if you have to correct light and reflection but in real there is a difference.
But I have to say that it is the bEst crystal from what I have seen compared to Noob and ARF, I don‘t have a ZZF.
I have a gen 116610 crystal her and I will change it because my crystal on the RXF is also a tiny bit rotated to the right and this bothers me when I look at it.
I bought the crystal for the ARF but now I will use it on the RXF.
I will also get a RXF Hulk because mine is in the hands of my wife :D

But over all I love the RXF with the ARF bracket because it feels very, very good.
The A2824 rungs + 1 to +2 seconds a day what is very good for a Chinese movement let’s see how long this lasts I will keep it at the moment and will not swap to a Swiss ETA for now.

Hope the RXF Hulk shows up soon!

Thank you, very nice to know!

Reactions: KJ2020

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
But I think the RXF case ist the closest in dimensions compared to gen (2824 movement)
I measured the lugs, thickness, diameter and so on and its the closest to gen of all my reps I have. here at the moment.
Date wheel is acceptable in my opinion.

Which 2824 base would you take to go franken?

could you measure the thickness of the gen and of the sub reps you have? TDs always write 13mm but I think the gen is less thick

aglove84

6/6/20
I thought the gen didn’t have any AR coating (apart from under the cyclops- hence reason for the black hole effect)?

arpa90

2/11/18
i do not see a single difference, where as the new zzf v3 has the crystal as an instant tell within a few seconds, thanks for the pics!

And you know that how exactly? Because of the pictures posted by jtime taken in studio light conditions?

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
Gen 12,67 mm, RXF 12,81 mm

thanks, mate. considering that the RFX has the wrong gasket (in fact the crystal is slightly higher) the dimensions are perfect

Last edited:

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
Yes, I checked all the dimensions and it‘s the closest to gen I had in my hands.

Reactions: Sdc83

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
Yes, I checked all the dimensions and it‘s the closest to gen I had in my hands.

if you also have arf v.3 it would be interesting to know its measurements, compared to gen.