• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of RXF's 116610LN

Rol.exe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
New Zealand
Am I right that 80psi equates to about 185 feet or 56 metres in depth? If it is holding strong at that pressure, that is pretty impressive (to me at least). What is the greatest pressure anyone has heard a rep withstanding, just out of curiosity?

I understand there can be varying tolerances based on QC but I hope mine is on par with that... when it finally arrives. Admittedly, it's a bit disheartening knowing I bought a "just released" rep and it will most likely already be superseded by the same factory before it even arrives.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Admittedly, it's a bit disheartening knowing I bought a "just released" rep and it will most likely already be superseded by the same factory before it even arrives.

I'm not sure superseded is the way to look at it - it's just the same watch with an alternative movement choice (unless I'm misunderstanding things). Personally I'd still pick this version, as would many others, so I don't think you need to feel disheartened.

Re waterproof, 80psi is about 5.5 bar. I get all my Reps tested to 6 bar as that's plenty for what I want to do with my watches and doesn't put too much strain on them (once greased, I've never had a dive type watch fail a pressure test btw). I recall a thread where someone tested theirs to 10 bar so that at least is the current 'record' though I bet people have gone a lot higher than that.

WatchWork

6/7/19
Thanks for the review! I'm probably one of the few individuals out there that don't really care for the Submariner - I'm more into the OP and DJ - but I must say that this rep is near perfection and I'm considering buying it now thanks to you (and RFX of course).

Just a question though:
  • I don't mind smaller inaccuracies on reps but things like misaligned bezels and rehauts will trigger my OCD lol. How hard is it to fix the misalignment of the rehaut?

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
I just got mine today and the rehaut alignment to the dial indices is very good as are the bezel insert markers. Of course, being a rep means not everyone made will be perfect but this one is good to the naked and eye and through a loupe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brownarb

Looking Around
10/9/20
I’ve just ordered mine from Andrew at TrustyTime, largely on the strength of this review (and Andrew’s original post ????) very excited as it’s my first ever rep!

Reactions: stufuse and J3DD

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
I’ve just ordered mine from Andrew at TrustyTime, largely on the strength of this review (and Andrew’s original post ????) very excited as it’s my first ever rep!

Good call! You’re spoiling yourself with this as your first rep, there’s not many out of the box this good for this money!

Reactions: Brownarb

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
hmmm. I want to jump on the 6 digit sub band wagon. Really debating about getting vsf or wait until arf and zzf new releases...

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I'm not sure superseded is the way to look at it - it's just the same watch with an alternative movement choice (unless I'm misunderstanding things). Personally I'd still pick this version, as would many others, so I don't think you need to feel disheartened.

Re waterproof, 80psi is about 5.5 bar. I get all my Reps tested to 6 bar as that's plenty for what I want to do with my watches and doesn't put too much strain on them (once greased, I've never had a dive type watch fail a pressure test btw). I recall a thread where someone tested theirs to 10 bar so that at least is the current 'record' though I bet people have gone a lot higher than that.

Under the ZZF V2S Hulk thread there are pics of it being tested to 400 meters (with gen crystal).

Last edited:
Reactions: GingerBubba

Rol.exe

17/8/20
New Zealand
Thanks for the review! I'm probably one of the few individuals out there that don't really care for the Submariner - I'm more into the OP and DJ - but I must say that this rep is near perfection and I'm considering buying it now thanks to you (and RFX of course).

It sounds like we are quite similar with our historic attitudes regarding subs but that has changed significantly for me since purchasing my RXF.

I've been thinking about purchasing the upcoming VSF Smurf but think I may put that money towards a gen GS Snowflake. I've admired the dial and overall finish on that for over a decade and with my newfound passion for watches, I think it's time to add it to my collection.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I just got mine today and the rehaut alignment to the dial indices is very good as are the bezel insert markers. Of course, being a rep means not everyone made will be perfect but this one is good to the naked and eye and through a loupe.

Great pics bro, congrats on a nice rep at a good price.

WatchWork

6/7/19
It sounds like we are quite similar with our historic attitudes regarding subs but that has changed significantly for me since purchasing my RXF.

I've been thinking about purchasing the upcoming VSF Smurf but think I may put that money towards a gen GS Snowflake. I've admired the dial and overall finish on that for over a decade and with my newfound passion for watches, I think it's time to add it to my collection.

Grand Seikos are just phenomenal. The finishing on them is just from another world. However, I just wish Seiko paid more attention to their bracelets - especially their clasps. They did good on the new SBDC101/62Mas homage line and I hope it will continue.

I will never part with my SARB 033, 035 and my Green Alpanist. Would love to get my hands on a ~40mm GS!

Reactions: d3s19n

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
Grand Seikos are just phenomenal. The finishing on them is just from another world. However, I just wish Seiko paid more attention to their bracelets - especially their clasps. They did good on the new SBDC101/62Mas homage line and I hope it will continue.

I will never part with my SARB 033, 035 and my Green Alpanist. Would love to get my hands on a ~40mm GS!

The Alpanist is gorgeous.

Chew22

9/6/20
Fantastic review. Very tempted to try this one out. I own a ZZF V2 and the bezel brightness on this is tempting.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
..... I recall a thread where someone tested theirs to 10 bar so that at least is the current 'record' though I bet people have gone a lot higher than that.

My Noob 116500 waterproof by misiekped and passed 10 bar pressure test, same as Gen.