• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of RXF's 116610LN

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
Allow me to join in the chorus for our preference for the VR3135 movement. I am sure with your input and strong recommendation, RXF will most likely listen to you.
The use of VR3135 is a natural and logical progression in our rep journey. Even ARF, per your own information, is abandoning SH3135 in favor of the more superior VR3135.
I have said this before and I will say it again, it's Q3 2020. And using a 2824-2 movement over the VR3135 --- while a safe decision --- is almost disrespectful to the progress, the evolution, the strides and gains the rep community has achieved in the quest for better movements like the VR3135 and Noob Daytona's SA4130.

Is the VR3135 more reliable, cheaper, easier to work on, easier to source Swiss than a 2824-2. I don't think so. The 116610 isn't exhibition case either. Why wouldn't people want a 2824-2 instead of VR3135? Maybe I'm weird, I also don't understand why people buy gen box and papers for these watches.

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
Is the VR3135 more reliable, cheaper, easier to work on, easier to source Swiss than a 2824-2. I don't think so. The 116610 isn't exhibition case either. Why wouldn't people want a 2824-2 instead of VR3135? Maybe I'm weird, I also don't understand why people buy gen box and papers for these watches.

Different watch owners will have different preferences :) I can absolutely see why there is so much preference for the Swiss 2824-2. It's time tested and proven for reliability. And a gen ETA movement is actually a bit pricier than a VR3135 (avg of $230 versus $165, respectfully). However replacement parts for the ETA are definitely more ubiquitous and affordable.

If you ever have any plans of modding and adding any genuine Rolex parts to your watch down the line though... the clone 3135 movements are the way to go. Genuine date discs are plug and play in the VR (this wasn't the case with the SH3135), hand pinions will accept genuine 3135 handsets and of course, the dial feet holes are in the appropriate position for genuine dials.

VR movements have become quite easy to get on places like eBay or the m2m subforum here on RWI. Of course, if you live in the states you will have to wait for international shipping.

All of my VR3135 movements in my watches have been very reliable as well thus far! And it is very easy to learn to work on. The calibre 3135 is known to be one of the most well engineered and robust movements.. and one of the most serviceable! And of course while the VR3135 is still only a clone movement.. its quality is a testament to how far the Chinese manufacturers have come. The SA3135 was an abomination compared to this movement.

Mrpong

15/9/19
2824 all day every day. I can fix it. Cheaply. A wife and 2 kids are expensive enough already. Especially as the former went back to Tennis club this week and returned proclaiming she needs a newer, and bigger SUV to put her tennis racket in.

I am too very satisfied with 2824. Any watchsmitch in my town can service it easily with replacement parts always available with affordable prices.

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy

J3DD

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/20
MB, Canada
If 2824 had the instant date change I’d consider it over 3135 but people are always looking at my watch around 11:56 am

Lol this made me chuckle. Thanks for the laugh.

if only they had the 114060, I'd probably take one in a heartbeat.

As for OP thanks for providing us with this review. For $388 this one of the more affordable good OOTB LN.

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
My watchsmith also drops in Swiss ETA 2836 with little modification on the spacer between dial and movement to get the quick date change.
It is no big deal for a watchsmith (he says!) :D

In my opinion the only thing to change on this higher quality replicas is the crystal, this makes a huge difference in how the dial and date pops out because of the coating of the crystal.
If you don't want to cheat someone with the watch changing dial, hands etc. makes no sense to me. Really no one will see the difference even when you hand the watch over to someone.
I have handed reps over to people and told them it is a rep and they did not believe it and meant it was my gen watch :D

But if is up to you to play with the challenge to get as close to gen as possible what is part of the hobby for some rep watch collectors.

Just my 2 cents!

Enrage

Horology Curious
19/8/20
Just got my RXF! Stoked but it´s a little squeaking sound from the bracelet. Just use some soap and water?

qChella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
EU
Just got my RXF! Stoked but it´s a little squeaking sound from the bracelet. Just use some soap and water?

I know you said it your first submariner but how are the bracelet and clasp quality compared to other high-end replicas? I mean watch looks quite good but I think its also important how it feels on the wrist or hand. Or have you tried any gen Rolexes and can you compare to them? Thank you.

Enrage

Horology Curious
19/8/20
I know you said it your first submariner but how are the bracelet and clasp quality compared to other high-end replicas? I mean watch looks quite good but I think its also important how it feels on the wrist or hand. Or have you tried any gen Rolexes and can you compare to them? Thank you.

No I have not tried any gen, but it feels like it’s on top! Tight bracelet.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Enrage

Horology Curious
19/8/20
15cddf6ffb6065ae45d69a22090fa4b8.jpg

One picture of the lume in daylight. Anyone else (who got the RXF irl) who thinks the lume color is green but shows blue on pictures? :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: Jfturner120