• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of RXF's 116610LN

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
There's not a way to realistically change the stem hole position in a movement itself. You can to a slight degree alter the position of the movement in the case by changing dial thickness or dial spacer thickness or rehaut height in the case. The 2824 stem position is not very different natively from the 3135, it's sometimes possible to fit one in the other's case without any modding. RXF is supposed to be coming out with a 3135 model though, it would be great if they would just use the VR and save us all that trouble and expense. Are you listening, Andrew?

Edit: I went back and copied what Andrew said about an RXF 3135

"Factory says that they chose to make it with the Asian 2824 movement first, because it is a relatively more stable movement than the Asian 3135. They may release the 3135 ones in the future."

ZDhSIb.jpg

So, it's not a done deal. Making it with a 2824 was a safe choice IMO. With the crown position the same, you could put a gen Swiss in it and have an awesome result. I've done that with a few pieces and it's a great feeling. Also, it should fit a 3135 with that stem hole position. You'd have to get new hands of course and sometimes an ETA dial date window won't line up correctly with a 3135 rep datewheel because the rep datewheel has a silver metal strip around the outer perimeter. This can show through the ETA date window. The fix for this issue is a gen or gen-spec DW that has an all white background.

ZD2eFP.jpg

ZD2KkD.jpg

Yes, factory will be coming out with the 3135 variant.

They are currently in the making, but information about it will only be shared by factory when they release the first sample.

I will update you guys when I have more info from RXF :)

dayvidou

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/4/20
Actually, you just realign the dial. Rehaut is fixed to the midcase.

Ah okay I get it :)
That means that the rehault is always well positionned and that the problem is that the dial has a small rotation ?

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10

They are currently in the making, but information about it will only be shared by factory when they release the first sample.

Let's hope RXF make it available with a VR3135 movement.....

Manager

R O L E X
6/5/17
Germany
Looks good so far, great review. I don't think I'll replace my ZZF v2 just yet... but for this price it's definitely a good choice, let's see how the price increases when RXF adds the VR1315

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Can you please impress upon them how much the VR3135 is preferred over the SA/SH? I'm sure it would be a huge boost to sales If it already came that way. Even if it has to cost slightly more that movement is a feature that will push this model to the top of a lot of wish lists. Thanks for your interest in sharing this model with us bro.

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
Can you please impress upon them how much the VR3135 is preferred over the SA/SH? I'm sure it would be a huge boost to sales If it already came that way. Even if it has to cost slightly more that movement is a feature that will push this model to the top of a lot of wish lists. Thanks for your interest in sharing this model with us bro.

I have shared with factory about the VR3135 since the release of the 2824 RXF, and they mentioned that they will look into it.

As for what the final decision is, we will only know when they release them.

Thanks

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Looks good so far, great review. I don't think I'll replace my ZZF v2 just yet... but for this price it's definitely a good choice, let's see how the price increases when RXF adds the VR1315

I hope they keep the standard model with 2824 alive for customers who don't want to pay the upcharge. Still wondering what the big use of a 3135 clone is. Maybe someone from the fan crowd can share the motivation for this. Is it really just for the instant date change?

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I hope they keep the standard model with 2824 alive for customers who don't want to pay the upcharge. Still wondering what the big use of a 3135 clone is. Maybe someone from the fan crowd can share the motivation for this. Is it really just for the instant date change?

3135 can take most gen parts without mods - dial, hands, datewheel plus movement parts. Also it sets time same as gen (minor point but still) and it has no DW overlay to ever get hung up or come unglued or need to be re-attached to a gen ETA DW if choosing to use one. Rep DW overlay swaps can be a royal PITA. I've redone some 3 times because what was perfect when I glued it somehow shifted after dial and hands got replaced and it's off a freaking hair. This isn't an issue on a 3135 because there is never an overlay. Unless you're using an SH3135 with a defective date indicator seating lol. One reason (among several) to stay away from the SH.

Here's a factory fix on an ARF GMT SH that has a manufacturing defect in the date indicator seating that prevented the date stud and jewel from fitting properly. That "fix" doesn't last and the datewheel catches on the glued shim and the date hangs up in some random position. Then you list the watch on Chrono24 as a gen - lmao.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...en-on-chrono24

Bad
ENtkD.jpg

Good
ENrOY.jpg

Last edited:

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
I have shared with factory about the VR3135 since the release of the 2824 RXF, and they mentioned that they will look into it.

As for what the final decision is, we will only know when they release them.

Thanks

Allow me to join in the chorus for our preference for the VR3135 movement. I am sure with your input and strong recommendation, RXF will most likely listen to you.
The use of VR3135 is a natural and logical progression in our rep journey. Even ARF, per your own information, is abandoning SH3135 in favor of the more superior VR3135.
I have said this before and I will say it again, it's Q3 2020. And using a 2824-2 movement over the VR3135 --- while a safe decision --- is almost disrespectful to the progress, the evolution, the strides and gains the rep community has achieved in the quest for better movements like the VR3135 and Noob Daytona's SA4130.

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Allow me to join in the chorus for our preference for the VR3135 movement. I am sure with your input and strong recommendation, RXF will most likely listen to you.
The use of VR3135 is a natural and logical progression in our rep journey. Even ARF, per your own information, is abandoning SH3135 in favor of the more superior VR3135.
I have said this before and I will say it again, it's Q3 2020. And using a 2824-2 movement over the VR3135 --- while a safe decision --- is almost disrespectful to the progress, the evolution, the strides and gains the rep community has achieved in the quest for better movements like the VR3135 and Noob Daytona's SA4130.

I've never met anyone real that talks like you before! Awesome. It's like living in a Jane Austen novel.

Anyway, it seems you we're wrong to be so sure that RXF would use the VR3135. Instead, it seems the 'parent' factory VSF are in fact bringing out a VR3135 beater - the VS3135. Let's hope it's good!

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...tory-vs3135-movement-new-release-announcement

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

2824 all day every day. I can fix it. Cheaply. A wife and 2 kids are expensive enough already. Especially as the former went back to Tennis club this week and returned proclaiming she needs a newer, and bigger SUV to put her tennis racket in.

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
A few days late to this thread but wanted to add my voice to the 'thanks' for taking the time to post the pics and review - lovely looking watch :)

Last edited:

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
I pulled the trigger on this one today. I have an ARF LV V1 and I’ve always been happy with it. There may be better but I’m an OOTB kind of guy and I believe I’ll be happy with it