• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of RXF's 116610LN

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Congratulations! Great mini review! This confirms my belief that RXF is a real contender and may very well be the best right out the box for the money you pay. Awesome! Just two things: 1) And yeah, Sir KJ mentioned the use of the term “flush.” Your SEL is not flush with the lugs (which is bad). It is recessed, which is what we all look for. I think you meant your SEL is good and tight with no gaps between SEL and lugs. 2) The crown height is awesome considering it’s a 2825. Are you sure RXF achieved this by “modding” the movement or by a deifferent milking of the case? I would be happy to know so pls educate me. Cuz if it’s the latter, then I would consider slapping a VR3135 into this baby. Again, congratulations on a very helpful mini review!

There's not a way to realistically change the stem hole position in a movement itself. You can to a slight degree alter the position of the movement in the case by changing dial thickness or dial spacer thickness or rehaut height in the case. The 2824 stem position is not very different natively from the 3135, it's sometimes possible to fit one in the other's case without any modding. RXF is supposed to be coming out with a 3135 model though, it would be great if they would just use the VR and save us all that trouble and expense. Are you listening, Andrew?

Edit: I went back and copied what Andrew said about an RXF 3135

"Factory says that they chose to make it with the Asian 2824 movement first, because it is a relatively more stable movement than the Asian 3135. They may release the 3135 ones in the future."

ZDhSIb.jpg

So, it's not a done deal. Making it with a 2824 was a safe choice IMO. With the crown position the same, you could put a gen Swiss in it and have an awesome result. I've done that with a few pieces and it's a great feeling. Also, it should fit a 3135 with that stem hole position. You'd have to get new hands of course and sometimes an ETA dial date window won't line up correctly with a 3135 rep datewheel because the rep datewheel has a silver metal strip around the outer perimeter. This can show through the ETA date window. The fix for this issue is a gen or gen-spec DW that has an all white background.

ZD2eFP.jpg

ZD2KkD.jpg

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Congratulations! Great mini review! This confirms my belief that RXF is a real contender and may very well be the best right out the box for the money you pay. Awesome! Just two things: 1) And yeah, Sir KJ mentioned the use of the term “flush.” Your SEL is not flush with the lugs (which is bad). It is recessed, which is what we all look for. I think you meant your SEL is good and tight with no gaps between SEL and lugs. 2) The crown height is awesome considering it’s a 2825. Are you sure RXF achieved this by “modding” the movement or by a deifferent milking of the case? I would be happy to know so pls educate me. Cuz if it’s the latter, then I would consider slapping a VR3135 into this baby. Again, congratulations on a very helpful mini review!
Haha, that's my lack of expertise showing! This is why I love learning, everyday is a new thing. Yes, it's as KJ says. The case must have been modded and not the movement. I'll make the necessary changes!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Great review man! The pics are fantastic and really help get a good look at the detailing.

Overall the watch looks amazing, and they may have just toppled ZZF with this release.

One small detail that I noticed, which I may be wrong about - it seems the "Submariner" print is like the newer 126610 version. The font used is without any serifs.

I'm wondering if in gen, they updated this on the 116610 leading up to the release of the 126610...? I just wasn't sure if there was some overlap, I'm used to seeing the 116610 with the older font.

In any case, wear it in good health and enjoy !

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I hope they're making the new generation Sub alongside ARF and Noob cause those factories seem to really intentionally do something wrong to release a new model every so often. There's not much to criticize here, looks great!

kyxap

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/16
Great review! Thank you!

Изпратено от моят ANE-LX1 с помощта на Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
KJ2020 , I thought so, too. That it's the CASE, not the MOVEMENT. I just wanted to rule out the possibility that I may have missed a new development vis a vis the solution to the crown height problem of ETA watches. And of course TC had already achieved this years back in his 5-digit watches. A lot of our members have in fact slapped in a Yuki and a 3135 into their TC using special spacer. Was hoping this would be possible here. But with the many attendant hassles you mentioned, going for a Swiss 2824 movement in this RXF makes the most sense. I am afraid if we wait for the RXF 3135 version, they would have fu$%ed up many things by then.
kennygconspiracy, no problem. Like I said, I wanted to rule out the possibility I missed out on new info on modding 2824 that you were privy to.
Your watch is truly cool and has checked almost all the relevant boxes. Again, nice review, Sir! Enjoy your new RXF!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Lovely job kennygconspiracy - an excellent review that covers all the critical details.

It’s pretty clear that ZZF no longer has the Sub-C sector sewn up. And I reckon your review is going to cause a spike in RXF orders!

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Thanks for the review! Looks great - that crystal/cyclops is top notch. Also don't get all the hate for the rehaut engraving, it's actually OK. Can't go wrong for the price, strongest offer on subs at the moment in my opinion.

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Nice review, thanks for taking the time. Mine shipped on Saturday, so after seeing your photos I am now very excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Nicely done.

Looking good too. Need a clone inside before I buy it but looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayvidou

4/4/20
Absolutely, I just realigned the rehaut on my 216570 to perfection. Planning on making the rehaut spot on here as well ;) Thank you for the tip and compliment!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

That's great news, I didn't know it was possible to do that.
Could you please explain how to align the rehault ?
Thank you for this fantastic review !

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
That's great news, I didn't know it was possible to do that.
Could you please explain how to align the rehault ?
Thank you for this fantastic review !

Actually, you just realign the dial. Rehaut is fixed to the midcase.

Rol.exe

17/8/20
New Zealand
Thank you very much for this review. I have been eagerly awaiting feedback from kennygconspiracy and he didn't disappoint! I loved that review, and while I certainly can't claim to understand everything in it yet, I'll be reading it again and again.

Also, thanks for saying hi on Reptime even if it was a case of mistaken identity with Maupinator. I just lurk there but thought I'd take this opportunity to say hi back.