• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXF 116610LN VS ZZF 114060 V2S

NETGLW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/20
It's very close between this one and the ZZF:

ZZF pros:
significantly better SELs
better rehaut
better bracelet and clasp (especially now with v3)
noticeably better hands
better bezel ring

RXF/VSF pros:
better case
better dial (print is crisper and not dull in low light as on zzf)
better insert (same)
better price
I don't talk about crystal because even if it's a very good one it's clearly not gen standard.

The mind should say go for RXF/VSF but ocd says that those SEL gaps are not acceptable ahah.

friends dad has a gen 116610ln, crystal is literally the same, the cyclops is on point. better bracelet and now with v3? u do know zzf has cheap plastic in their bracelts rather than all metal ones, check the new v3 thread lol zzf fell off hard, i was anticipating the new release but man theres little to no changes and zzf is just inferior ootb, u can tell from a quick glimpse at the wrist that someone has a fake one if its a zzf because of the crystal, rxf it takes closer look to see its a rep

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
friends dad has a gen 116610ln, crystal is literally the same, the cyclops is on point. better bracelet and now with v3? u do know zzf has cheap plastic in their bracelts rather than all metal ones, check the new v3 thread lol zzf fell off hard, i was anticipating the new release but man theres little to no changes and zzf is just inferior ootb, u can tell from a quick glimpse at the wrist that someone has a fake one if its a zzf because of the crystal, rxf it takes closer look to see its a rep

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

1) I highly doubt your friends dad’s gen has exactly the same crystal with the same clarity (or lack of clarity), the same blue reflection and same lack of edge finishing. If yes, your friends dad’s gen is a RXF and your friends dad’s gen has a crystal that costs 60 dollars instead of 400. But maybe you were the first one to understand that a gen crystal that costs 400 dollars can be exactly replicated for 20 dollars and then sold for 60 dollars.
2) Probably you should check the new v3 thread yourself as it is clearly stated that now ZZF v3 has ARF bracelet and clasp, the state of art until now.

Anyway if you are such a lover of the RXF buy it, I won’t feel bad or violated. I myself admit that is absolutely a good watch.

supe12sta12z

Known Member
6/3/14
The fact that you have all of these options out there with different strength and weaknesses at multiple price points is absolutely amazing. What a great time to buy a Sub.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
The fact that you have all of these options out there with different strength and weaknesses at multiple price points is absolutely amazing. What a great time to buy a Sub.

Yes, it is crazy good.. Wich it haf 2836 tho.. For quick date change. But both strong movement, loveit...

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Oh dear. Smoke had just declared the RXF to be awesome on Kennyg's mini review thread. The haters are not going to be happy :facepalm:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Oh dear. Smoke had just declared the RXF to be awesome on Kennyg's mini review thread. The haters are not going to be happy :facepalm:

You go wash your goddamn mouth out.

The experts from Reddit are second to none. The only reason they post on RWI is because everybody on Reddit is an expert - RWI provides some much needed mental stimulus for them.

federik91

Renowned Member
3/12/15
RXF insert is way ahead. All they need to do is improve the rehaut - which isn’t wonderful on the ZZF anyway, and its pretty faultless.

How does the build quality compare? (ARF already beats the ZZF in that respect)

Improve rehaut?? Why? This gen serial is all write wrong!!

Reto

Known Member
Certified
11/4/19
Blue cyclops is not gen. Find 10 Rolex’s on the street. 9 out of 10 have clear cyclops with no reflections. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

federik91

Renowned Member
3/12/15
Blue cyclops is not gen. Find 10 Rolex’s on the street. 9 out of 10 have clear cyclops with no reflections. Sorry

Please come on.... :megalol:
Zj0cUL.jpg

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

Rolex changed their crystal a few years ago and they have blue hue. I own a gen from 2019 and it has blue hue

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

Not correct the newer ones from 2018 have blue like RFX.

Its just 2 years of production so yes your gonna see on the streets mostly the prior 8 years of models without blue.

Basically if its fat font dial from 2018 onwards it should be blue.

This is a gen from one of our RWI members:

XE0Nt.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: federik91

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Not correct the newer ones from 2018 have blue like RFX.

Its just 2 years of production so yes your gonna see on the streets mostly the prior 8 years of models without blue.

Basically if its fat font dial from 2018 onwards it should be blue.

This is a gen from one of our RWI members:

XE0Nt.jpg

Can’t see that stuff on the streets anyway.

People worry to much don’t they.

I Just got back from a weeks break. I saw 8 subs, among other watches. 3 hulks, 5 LN. I actively had a go this time at trying to identify Gen or rep with a short look. I had no doubt they were all Gen (because of where I was) even so, I still tried to see if I could see details, Even within a couple feet, there’s almost no way you could tell. It would have to be quite and old high end or a cheapy rrp to see it from that distance. Anything new like these and You’d need the wearer to have a static arm (never happens) and get close enough to have a good inspection (Within 1 feet holding up to your eyes)

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

Lol! And I guess it will also be followed with equal ass licking from the sycophant crowd too. I’d love to see Smoke declare a DHGate sub as the best sub and all the masses flocking to nod in approval. The amount of people that still need a random guy on the internet to tell them what to like still surprises me.

Reactions: GingerBubba

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Can’t see that stuff on the streets anyway.

People worry to much don’t they.

I Just got back from a weeks break. I saw 8 subs, among other watches. 3 hulks, 5 LN. I actively had a go this time at trying to identify Gen or rep with a short look. I had no doubt they were all Gen (because of where I was) even so, I still tried to see if I could see details, Even within a couple feet, there’s almost no way you could tell. It would have to be quite and old high end or a cheapy rrp to see it from that distance. Anything new like these and You’d need the wearer to have a static arm (never happens) and get close enough to have a good inspection (Within 1 feet holding up to your eyes)

But you surely managed to see the most blatant and obvious tells, right? Like the crown height which is an instant tell to any knowledgeable WIS.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
First thing i look for when trying to spot a rep is the crystal, there is no rep crystal like the gen atm (not counting the new releases).

You can see the crystal reflections from feet away, as opposed to the CG shape, Case Shape or other tells.

Reactions: GingerBubba

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
First thing i look for when trying to spot a rep is the crystal, there is no rep crystal like the gen atm (not counting the new releases).

You can see the crystal reflections from feet away, as opposed to the CG shape, Case Shape or other tells.

That interesting, I certainly couldn’t make out correct reflections or not from a 29mm wide glass with a 5 mm cyclops from Couple feet on a moving arm. Not saying it’s not possible or you can’t btw.

I Agree with the case aspect, I had my ARF (when I had it) sub with my friends Gen LN at a restaurant when the v2 was just out. we couldn’t really see the case shape diffence IRL even with the two together cause of reflections off the case.

Remember how close people thought the noob LN v7 was when compared next to gen on youtube. At a couple feet away even a foot at on wrist, very very hard to telI you can’t really make the details. Yet the differences are glaring compared these new reps.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
That interesting, I certainly couldn’t make out correct reflections or not from a 29mm wide glass with a 5 mm cyclops from Couple feet on a moving arm. Not saying it’s not possible or you can’t btw.

I Agree with the case aspect, I had my ARF (when I had it) sub with my friends Gen LN at a restaurant when the v2 was just out. we couldn’t really see the case shape diffence IRL even with the two together cause of reflections off the case.

Remember how close people thought the noob LN v7 was when compared next to gen on youtube. At a couple feet away even a foot at on wrist, very very hard to telI you can’t really make the details. Yet the differences are glaring compared these new reps.

Yep you are right, that's what i mean, we arrived at a point where it's not really worth it to invest R&D on improving minor case or CG flaws (imho).

On a moving arm or at a couple feet distance they are invisible.

That's why i think they should invest on the most glaring tells, which are, imo, crystal and cyclops.

Gen VS Rep (116710 ARF) crystal in the same light condition:

GEN:
6-A8-F3158-31-CE-4-C3-B-B037-EFD0-AB9955-E0.png

REP:
29293-EDC-D5-E5-4-E7-C-9804-66738-A731991.png

Reactions: Kostiksch