• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

We might finally be able to answer this question in 2020

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Who is Angus and why is everyone so pissed at him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angus lives in China, when he was young he made the mistake of publicly criticizing government policy.

He was given a choice as to his punishment.

65 years of hard labor, or become a Trusted Dealer for 10 years, selling replica watches to the materially spoiled West.

Angus now wishes he'd chosen the 65 years of hard labor.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Who is Angus and why is everyone so pissed at him?

Everyone isn’t pissed at him.

There are however, about 4 very vocal members who are very cross with him because a watch, and a cyclops - which he didn’t even make - are not as good as they thought they should be.

I know...

Last edited:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Everyone isn’t pissed at him.

There are however, about 4 very vocal members who are very cross with him because a watch, and a cyclops - which he didn’t even make - are not as good as they thought they should be.

I know...

Well, that's wrong, that's not how it went.

1) No one is pissed at Angus because of a watch he didn't make, this is not the reason at all.

2) People are annoyed because the new ZF release was hyped by him as the "best" watch ever with the best crystal ever, semi-quoting Angus: "you won't be having to hope for a good crystal anymore". No one is pissed because they "thought" it would have been better, they were instead influenced by some artificial hype with baseless justification. There has never been this kind of hype for a new sub, people started believing, that the crystal would have finally been fixed after 10 years.

3) Especially when a 388$ watch has a better crystal than the hyped ZF 558$ watch.

4) People are pissed about the absolute fake obliviousness and denial showed when confronted about the importance of the Black Hole Effect and Halo Effect. I semi-quote: "There is no point in struggling with the black hole effect since i don't see it" which is total bullcrap. Let me translate it for you: "Bro the cyclops is garbage, but I can't say it, so let me say that I can't see the black hole effect and that in my opinion it is not noticeable on the wrist, and that the CG and Case Shape are more noticeable on the wrist, even if it's total bullcrap (since they got refined in this release)." :devil::megalol::laughing:

Welp, i was kinda disappointed, i was the first one to hope for an amazing crystal release, let's see if ARF does some magic

P.S.

Why is being vocal considered negative? if no one puts any pressure, or if issues are not being told as they are, nothing is gonna change and we will keep on being cucked by the factories' business model.

Angus buys 30% of ARF's products, so, they must have some kind of buying power. We should try to exploit this connection we have in order to improve all that can be improved, and disclose all the feedback we have.

If the factories don't do shit then whatever, at least we tried.

Last edited:

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand

1) No one is pissed at Angus because of a watch he didn't make, this is not the reason at all.

2) People are annoyed because the new ZF released was hyped by him as the "best" watch ever with the best crystal ever, semi-quoting Angus: "you won't be having to hope for a good crystal anymore". No one is pissed because they "thought" it would have been better, they were influenced by some artificial hype with baseless justification. There has never been this kind of hype for a new sub, people started believing, that the crystal would have finally been fixed after 10 years.

3) Especially when a 388$ watch has a better crystal than the hyped ZF 558$ watch.

4) People are pissed about the absolute fake obliviousness and denial showed when confronted about the importance of the Black Hole Effect and Halo Effect. I semi-quote: "There is no point in struggling with the black hole effect since i don't see it" which is total bullcrap. Let me translate it for you: "Bro the cyclops is garbage, but I can't say it, so let me say that I can't see the black hole effect and that in my opinion is not noticeable on the wrist, and that the CG and Case Shape are more noticeable on the wrist, even if it's total bullcrap (since they got refined in this release)." :devil::megalol::laughing:

Welp, i was kinda disappointed, i was the first one to hope for an amazing crystal release, let's see if ARF does some magic

You should get a dhgate shitter and put a gen crystal on it. 350 all in.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

2) People are annoyed because the new ZF release was hyped by him as the "best" watch ever with the best crystal ever, semi-quoting Angus: "you won't be having to hope for a good crystal anymore". No one is pissed because they "thought" it would have been better, they were influenced by some artificial hype with baseless justification. There has never been this kind of hype for a new sub, people started believing, that the crystal would have finally been fixed after 10 years.

4) People are pissed about the absolute fake obliviousness and denial showed when confronted about the importance of the Black Hole Effect and Halo Effect. I semi-quote: "There is no point in struggling with the black hole effect since i don't see it" which is total bullcrap. Let me translate it for you: "Bro the cyclops is garbage, but I can't say it, so let me say that I can't see the black hole effect and that in my opinion is not noticeable on the wrist, and that the CG and Case Shape are more noticeable on the wrist, even if it's total bullcrap (since they got refined in this release)." :devil::megalol::laughing:

P.S.

Why is vocal considered negative? if no one puts any pressure, or if issues are not being told as they are, nothing is gonna change and we will keep on being cucked by the factories' business model.

Angus buys 30% of ARF's products, so, they must have some kind of buying power. We should try to exploit this connection we have in order to improve all that can be improved, and disclose all the feedback we have.

If the factories don't do shit then whatever, at least we tried.

^ this is one of the 4, providing illustration of what I mean by ‘very vocal’.

Nothing wrong with being vocal - you can ‘over make’ a point though.

Again, I’d advise you to reign in you expectation- ARF are not well known for acting on feedback, and the Chinese are not well known for reacting well when told their work is shit. There are ways and then there are ways.

Then theres the gulf between expectation and reality - which is not helped by misinformation. For example, those black hole pics you’re posting on the other thread for the new 12XXXX Subs are quite misleading - simply because new Rolex crystal is not the same as that used on the 11XXXX. You really notice this when you see them in person - there is less of a black hole now.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Then theres the gulf between expectation and reality - which is not helped by misinformation. For example, those black hole pics you’re posting on the other thread for the new 12XXXX Subs are quite misleading

What are you referring to? Would be cool if you responded there with your ideas.

I don't think i've ever referred to any 12XXX sub when posting my black hole pictures, all my examples were referred to the 116XXX series, in fact, i posted pics of 116710s.

I've never said that there isn't less of a black hole now.

So please, do reply to my posts if you think they are wrong! But at least use some truth or facts!

amica

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/20
Hi guys,

I noticed that from ZF pictures on PureTime, the clasp's glidelock sliders/glides look like they are made from plastic. My Noob V10 has them too.

I wonder if gen has the metal ones?

ZF sub Glidelock - ZF Sub Glidelock - plastic glides

Reto

Known Member
Certified
11/4/19
Thanks Mari115 for the clarification.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Angus lives in China, when he was young he made the mistake of publicly criticizing government policy.

He was given a choice as to his punishment.

65 years of hard labor, or become a Trusted Dealer for 10 years, selling replica watches to the materially spoiled West.

Angus now wishes he'd chosen the 65 years of hard labor.

This made me real life Lol :D