• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

We might finally be able to answer this question in 2020

arpa90

2/11/18
after ZF and ARF release theirs.
What about zzf? Ive heard they are releasing an actual v3 end of the month.

Also didnt you say that arf v4 is going to have only minor changes?

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Sure it is a good one, but we can only find out the "best" after ZF and ARF release theirs.

I intentionally didn't use the word "best". As we all know the "best" might be something entirely different for everyone. Some want the best OOTB looks, some want the best modding base, others obsess over the clasp/movement/datewheel and don't care if the crystal looks crap. Besides, even when ZF and ARF release their latest iterations, we only know who ended the 1st generation ceramic era first. Since September 1st everything's back to square one anyway...

Last edited:

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
ARF angus has said only has minor improvements. why hold out hope for it

Midnightx

17/3/17
ARF angus has said only has minor improvements. why hold out hope for it

minor improvements could mean slimmed lugs, updated rehaut, fixed date font... those along with the best build quality would make it an instant buy for me

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
What about zzf? Ive heard they are releasing an actual v3 end of the month.

Also didnt you say that arf v4 is going to have only minor changes?

Yeah and let's see what the changes are.

According the ARF, they will update:

1. Bracelet and clasp

2. VR3135

3. Hands

4. Some others to be confirmed

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I intentionally didn't use the word "best". As we all know the "best" might be something entirely different for everyone. Some want the best OOTB looks, some want the best modding base, others obsess over the clasp/movement/datewheel and don't care if the crystal looks crap. Besides, even when ZF and ARF release their latest iterations, we only know who ended the 1st generation ceramic era first. Since September 1st everything's back to square one anyway...

I mean the best overall among all the maker versions.

Midnightx

17/3/17
I’m not holding my breath for those fixes.

I'm just going to wait until all of these new releases are out to see what's what. I'm just saying that we shouldn't count ARF out of the running, they've given the rep community so much progress that personally i usually give them the benefit of the doubt.

Also, puretime i know this is the sub thread so you don't have to answer this if you don't want to but since you're active here right now and with all the upcoming updates from factories, any news on new or updated explorer 1 reps? Thank ya!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I'm just going to wait until all of these new releases are out to see what's what. I'm just saying that we shouldn't count ARF out of the running, they've given the rep community so much progress that personally i usually give them the benefit of the doubt.

Also, puretime i know this is the sub thread so you don't have to answer this if you don't want to but since you're active here right now and with all the upcoming updates from factories, any news on new or updated explorer 1 reps? Thank ya!

As I know the answer is no, EXP1 had proven slow sales in the history and the makers lean to stay away from it.

But we will have the new Oyster Perpectual btw ;)

Solaris58

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
9/9/20
Please insist that they update their dial (similar to ZZF) or at least the triangle and rectangle markers as well as the DW (on the 3135) which still uses fat font. If they improve the bezel insert and crystal (RXF style), ARF will be OOTB and the Holy Grail we're all expecting

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Please insist that they update their dial (similar to ZZF) or at least the triangle and rectangle markers as well as the DW (on the 3135) which still uses fat font. If they improve the bezel insert and crystal (RXF style), ARF will be OOTB and the Holy Grail we're all expecting

They shall release this month and let's see what the updates are :)

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Definitely looking forward to the upcoming releases and of course „the best“ iteration is subjective to a big extent.

Just from a personal experience I can vouch for the zzf v2s hulk! I recently got one and have to say the watch ootb is fantastic. I have had countless gen rlx watches going through my hands including both the ln and lv 6 digit sub. Moreover, I had a few gen LV dials and bezels so I know what to look for when it comes to these parts. The finish of the overall watch is fantastic and even the bracelet isn‘t that bad (although not 10/10). The dial, hands and bezel are close to perfection and the lume on the indices is even better than on my gen (which has uneven areas). Also the hands are perfect in any way and they totally have the 3D effect. Yet, that‘s my impression and ofc some things such as the case shape, etc. is slightly off.

Anyways, let‘s see what the upgrades bring :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Definitely looking forward to the upcoming releases and of course „the best“ iteration is subjective to a big extent.

Just from a personal experience I can vouch for the zzf v2s hulk! I recently got one and have to say the watch ootb is fantastic. I have had countless gen rlx watches going through my hands including both the ln and lv 6 digit sub. Moreover, I had a few gen LV dials and bezels so I know what to look for when it comes to these parts. The finish of the overall watch is fantastic and even the bracelet isn‘t that bad (although not 10/10). The dial, hands and bezel are close to perfection and the lume on the indices is even better than on my gen (which has uneven areas). Also the hands are perfect in any way and they totally have the 3D effect. Yet, that‘s my impression and ofc some things such as the case shape, etc. is slightly off.

Anyways, let‘s see what the upgrades bring :)

I think ZF can easily beat ZZF, but i have not see the latest ZF dial so I am not certain on the dial.

Let's see :)

Reactions: Tione12

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
I think ZF can easily beat ZZF, but i have not see the latest ZF dial so I am not certain on the dial.

Let's see :)

Well possible and there is room for improvement ofc. But the CF dial is very very good and beats many gen dials in terms of finishing :)

Reactions: Tione12

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Well possible and there is room for improvement ofc. But the CF dial is very very good and beats many gen dials in terms of finishing :)

Hopefully we can see similar quality dial on the ZF version.

Reactions: sputim