• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

We might finally be able to answer this question in 2020

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Are you in the rep industry? What makes you think they can do better but they don’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dont listen to these tribal ones on here. They have their favs and will defend them at all cost. Some of us are aware that reverse engineering isn't that simple.

Mr.RobotAI

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/20
M8 calm down, Rolex makes the gen for a price of about 800 and you are telling me that all these rep factories sell for about 500/520$ noob even sold the GMT ii for over 600$, THEY FOR SURE CAN DO BETTER ON EVERYTHING!

Finally someone who knows how much it costs Rolex to make a watch... Some people in this forum think they're made of $1million diamonds and consider themselves experts lmao.

Happy to see that some actually know better than the rest, but don't get caught by the warriors they will melt your brain. :)

Reactions: Yadda Yadda

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Are we forgetting that Noobs V9 1ST batch hand really nice lugs ??? Yes, they can do better + let's look at other microbrands or even cheaper watches that can do a nice slim and beautiful date wheel font but the rep factories cant do it. They don't do it better because they run a business!
No Angus, I am not in the rep industry but no one has to be to see the fact that rep factories don't do nice watches on purpose. It's enough just to have your eyes open and you will see everything.

It’s not the first time the maker goes one step forward and two steps back?

The workers making the cases are different for different versions and maybe they are made in different factories. They just can’t make them consistent my friend, the cases came and they don’t know what’s wrong and they released them.

When the stocks are selling fast and they don’t even have time to check their cases. Sometimes they found flaws but they have to sell them as they were because if they don’t and people will buy from other makers which is in stock.

Usually the first batch or the second batch of a watch is the best.

Welcome to the rep world.

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
Finally someone who knows how much it costs Rolex to make a watch... Some people in this forum think they're made of $1million diamonds and consider themselves experts lmao.

Happy to see that some actually know better than the rest, but don't get caught by the warriors they will melt your brain. :)

Come one, drop this childish talk, nobody on the forum thinks that *** Some people in this forum think they're made of $1million diamonds and consider themselves experts lmao.***
And stop with all this ***warriors*** thing!
Its already late here in Italy so I wish everyone a nice night.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under

Glad to see you're still speaking nonsense. Hope you're enjoying your 116610LN, which is the same as the LV but in black...

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
It’s not the first time the maker goes one step forward and two steps back?

The workers making the cases are different for different versions and maybe they are made in different factories. They just can’t make them consistent my friend, the cases came and they don’t know what’s wrong and they released them.

When the stocks are selling fast and they don’t even have time to check their cases. Sometimes they found flaws but they have to sell them as they were because if they don’t and people will buy from other makers which is in stock.

Usually the first batch or the second batch of a watch is the best.

Welcome to the rep world.

Looks like it doesn't make sense to comment so I will just leave it at that.
At the end of the day, people will see the truth on their own.

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
You guys have no ideas how much efforts and time I spent with all the makers to try to help them to make their watches as perfect as possible.

Why the reps are sill not perfect? Simply because they just CAN’T make them right. They want to make them right more than you can imagine.

We appreciate your work.
Thank You!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Looks like it doesn't make sense to comment so I will just leave it at that.
At the end of the day, people will see the truth on their own.

They can’t see the truth, no one sees how we make the watches, they only see the final product.

Can you say one didn’t study hard if he didn’t score an A in the exam?

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
They can’t see the truth, no one sees how we make the watches, they only see the final product.

Can you say one didn’t study hard if he didn’t score an A in the exam?

Well if we speak technically Yes if they didn't study hard enough they won't score an A on the exam.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Finally, someone who sees the truth.

Thats what im saying for two years here except I thought it costs Rolex $500 to make one watch lol
And this what Angus is saying how they want to make them good is PN (pure nonsense) cause factories make good rehaut once for example and then in the next version its totally different. I dont know who are they fooling but it aint me brotha.

Reactions: rolexppapfan

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Thats what im saying for two years here except I thought it costs Rolex $500 to make one watch lol
And this what Angus is saying how they want to make them good is PN (pure nonsense) cause factories make good rehaut once for example and then in the next version its totally different. I dont know who are they fooling but it aint me brotha.

Dont buy if you aren’t happy.
For me the rep game is crazy this 3 passed years

The level is high !!!

And now angus take my money for the ZF

Reactions: leo6929 and Tione12

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Can we get back to a serious discussion, ladies?

ZDK452.gif

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Dont buy if you aren’t happy.
For me the rep game is crazy this 3 passed years

The level is high !!!

And now angus take my money for the ZF

No offense man, but all your posts for anything that is soon to be released is " take my money" or "when can I buy" lol....Noob factory must have a shrine somewhere dedicated to you. Never point out flaws or ways it can be improved just "here take my money".

Damn lol I wish I had you as a customer

Last edited:

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
How does this look?
c8d4879ea562f4ed81e2b9f96b11a772.jpg

Looks epic! Don‘t understand all the hate. Yes the dial might not be perfect yet, but it‘s not the final release and otherwise it‘s an easy swap to a cf dial. Oh and the cyclops looks extremely promising (finally). Thanks a lot Angus for your effort and keeping us up to date :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
M8 calm down, Rolex makes the gen for a price of about 800 and you are telling me that all these rep factories sell for about 500/520$ noob even sold the GMT ii for over 600$, THEY FOR SURE CAN DO BETTER ON EVERYTHING!

According to you lot the cost to Rolex of making a watch has been $800 for the last 10 years. The current cost is more like 1200 and that doesn't take into account capital expenditure for all that fancy equipment or R&D so it's not a true cost. Yes Rolex are expensive for what they are are and should be half of what they charge but that's not their business model.

Hell, a 20oz flavored milk costs 10% of full retail to make as do most things.