• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

We might finally be able to answer this question in 2020

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
The bezel insert is one of the biggest tells of the rep. That with the crystal and datewheel are basically everything you can see when you look at it straight on.

It’s not the same as underwater. It’s basically every lighting condition except bright direct light. This is well documented in the forum as an issue with ever rep. This is way more important than lug shape, recessed SEL, or any of that stuff people obsess about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% agree with you on this one, low light for any ceramic bezel is an instant tell. I have a CF bezel for my daytona and that is still pretty crappy under low lighting. I'm don't have a spongebob for a sub so pls chime in here.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Can you tease with a dial?!?!?
giphy.gif

haha sorry no dials, the dial is ok, I have seen it.

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19
80% metallic silver 20% white, enamel color in both ..
But one needs to know how to paint without compromising the depth of the engraving..You put on paint and after half a minute soak it gently with a cotton ball so that a good color remains on the numbers
Low light image

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Have a feeling ZF to be the most expensive watch, believe and hope they have put effort in it. 548usd feeling:thanks:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
80% metallic silver 20% white, enamel color in both ..
But one needs to know how to paint without compromising the depth of the engraving..You put on paint and after half a minute soak it gently with a cotton ball so that a good color remains on the numbers
Low light image

It’s not painted but plated so the thickness is almost negligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Arik dahan

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19
I'm undecided whether to buy now from puretime the black or wait for zf..
Help me decide

topreplika

6/2/17
Great the movment indeed vr and not the old of noob ..
But the engraving on the inner ring from the old model 2017

Great the movment indeed vr and not the old of noob ..
But the engraving on the inner ring from the old model 2017

I can deal with that rehaut not a big deal for me but i think i should wait for ZF before i decide

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
I can deal with that rehaut not a big deal for me but i think i should wait for ZF before i decide

ZF will use the same insert bezel and dial from ZZF. Nothing new. They will have a better bracelet and case and stop. No big surprises there.

topreplika

6/2/17
ZF will use the same insert bezel and dial from ZZF. Nothing new. They will have a better bracelet and case and stop. No big surprises there.

ZZF LV is the best ootb lv we can find on market right now and if they improved the bracelet and the case than probably is better than noob...

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
ZZF LV is the best ootb lv we can find on market right now and if they improved the bracelet and the case than probably is better than noob...

I am not saying one is better than the other, but I am certainly saying that it could be worth to give this noob a shot since from pictures it actually looks quite good. CF parts are not flawless too. Their dial is good but inferior to others in some aspects and still far from gen. It's not like you are buying the new ZF and you have a gen in your hands. But your choice obviously. If you don't like it you could always sell it here.

Last edited:

Just Cavalli

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
14/4/14

Now things are getting confusing, is it ZF or ZZF (v3) releasing new Subs?