Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We might finally be able to answer this question in 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by puretime View Post

    Sure it is a good one, but we can only find out the "best" after ZF and ARF release theirs.
    I intentionally didn't use the word "best". As we all know the "best" might be something entirely different for everyone. Some want the best OOTB looks, some want the best modding base, others obsess over the clasp/movement/datewheel and don't care if the crystal looks crap. Besides, even when ZF and ARF release their latest iterations, we only know who ended the 1st generation ceramic era first. Since September 1st everything's back to square one anyway...
    Last edited by YellowFin; 09-09-20, 19:54.

    Comment


      Originally posted by foozoo58 View Post
      zzf bracelete is trash
      ARF is certainly better. But calling it trash seems excessive.
      Originally posted by smoke
      Just like me who believes the covid hoaxs is the biggest power grab in the history of the planet.

      Comment


        ARF angus has said only has minor improvements. why hold out hope for it

        Comment


          Originally posted by foozoo58 View Post
          ARF angus has said only has minor improvements. why hold out hope for it
          minor improvements could mean slimmed lugs, updated rehaut, fixed date font... those along with the best build quality would make it an instant buy for me

          Comment


            Originally posted by arpa90 View Post
            What about zzf? Ive heard they are releasing an actual v3 end of the month.

            Also didnt you say that arf v4 is going to have only minor changes?
            Yeah and let's see what the changes are.

            According the ARF, they will update:

            1. Bracelet and clasp

            2. VR3135

            3. Hands

            4. Some others to be confirmed

            Comment


              Originally posted by Midnightx View Post

              minor improvements could mean slimmed lugs, updated rehaut, fixed date font... those along with the best build quality would make it an instant buy for me
              I’m not holding my breath for those fixes.

              Comment


                Originally posted by YellowFin View Post

                I intentionally didn't use the word "best". As we all know the "best" might be something entirely different for everyone. Some want the best OOTB looks, some want the best modding base, others obsess over the clasp/movement/datewheel and don't care if the crystal looks crap. Besides, even when ZF and ARF release their latest iterations, we only know who ended the 1st generation ceramic era first. Since September 1st everything's back to square one anyway...
                I mean the best overall among all the maker versions.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by supe12sta12z View Post

                  I’m not holding my breath for those fixes.
                  I'm just going to wait until all of these new releases are out to see what's what. I'm just saying that we shouldn't count ARF out of the running, they've given the rep community so much progress that personally i usually give them the benefit of the doubt.

                  Also, puretime i know this is the sub thread so you don't have to answer this if you don't want to but since you're active here right now and with all the upcoming updates from factories, any news on new or updated explorer 1 reps? Thank ya!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Midnightx View Post

                    I'm just going to wait until all of these new releases are out to see what's what. I'm just saying that we shouldn't count ARF out of the running, they've given the rep community so much progress that personally i usually give them the benefit of the doubt.

                    Also, puretime i know this is the sub thread so you don't have to answer this if you don't want to but since you're active here right now and with all the upcoming updates from factories, any news on new or updated explorer 1 reps? Thank ya!
                    As I know the answer is no, EXP1 had proven slow sales in the history and the makers lean to stay away from it.

                    But we will have the new Oyster Perpectual btw

                    Comment



                      Please insist that they update their dial (similar to ZZF) or at least the triangle and rectangle markers as well as the DW (on the 3135) which still uses fat font. If they improve the bezel insert and crystal (RXF style), ARF will be OOTB and the Holy Grail we're all expecting

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Solaris58 View Post
                        Please insist that they update their dial (similar to ZZF) or at least the triangle and rectangle markers as well as the DW (on the 3135) which still uses fat font. If they improve the bezel insert and crystal (RXF style), ARF will be OOTB and the Holy Grail we're all expecting
                        They shall release this month and let's see what the updates are

                        Comment


                          Definitely looking forward to the upcoming releases and of course „the best“ iteration is subjective to a big extent.

                          Just from a personal experience I can vouch for the zzf v2s hulk! I recently got one and have to say the watch ootb is fantastic. I have had countless gen rlx watches going through my hands including both the ln and lv 6 digit sub. Moreover, I had a few gen LV dials and bezels so I know what to look for when it comes to these parts. The finish of the overall watch is fantastic and even the bracelet isn‘t that bad (although not 10/10). The dial, hands and bezel are close to perfection and the lume on the indices is even better than on my gen (which has uneven areas). Also the hands are perfect in any way and they totally have the 3D effect. Yet, that‘s my impression and ofc some things such as the case shape, etc. is slightly off.

                          Anyways, let‘s see what the upgrades bring


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by sputim View Post
                            Definitely looking forward to the upcoming releases and of course „the best“ iteration is subjective to a big extent.

                            Just from a personal experience I can vouch for the zzf v2s hulk! I recently got one and have to say the watch ootb is fantastic. I have had countless gen rlx watches going through my hands including both the ln and lv 6 digit sub. Moreover, I had a few gen LV dials and bezels so I know what to look for when it comes to these parts. The finish of the overall watch is fantastic and even the bracelet isn‘t that bad (although not 10/10). The dial, hands and bezel are close to perfection and the lume on the indices is even better than on my gen (which has uneven areas). Also the hands are perfect in any way and they totally have the 3D effect. Yet, that‘s my impression and ofc some things such as the case shape, etc. is slightly off.

                            Anyways, let‘s see what the upgrades bring


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I think ZF can easily beat ZZF, but i have not see the latest ZF dial so I am not certain on the dial.

                            Let's see

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by puretime View Post

                              I think ZF can easily beat ZZF, but i have not see the latest ZF dial so I am not certain on the dial.

                              Let's see
                              Well possible and there is room for improvement ofc. But the CF dial is very very good and beats many gen dials in terms of finishing


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by sputim View Post

                                Well possible and there is room for improvement ofc. But the CF dial is very very good and beats many gen dials in terms of finishing


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Hopefully we can see similar quality dial on the ZF version.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X