• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

We might finally be able to answer this question in 2020

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Do any of you guys find it interesting that all these developments are happening post-Covid meltdown in China? Just wondering.

There is no "post", they are still in the middle of it, they just don't say it publicly in order not to lose financial advantage for it.

But yeah, it's very interesting, almost looks like they had the projects ready a while ago, and only now decided to artificially release them.

Interesting but not surprising, The 4130 was released in this period of the year, same with the 3185 from VRF and the 3186 (rushed) from ARF. Seems like this is the best period for them to release and sell new watches

Last edited:

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
Angus what is going on bro?

are we getting the watch today

Reactions: diamant

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
I think Angus from puretime is hiding in a hole due to the embarrassing release of the ZF sub lol. Be patient he will resurface soon, give him time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
I think Angus from puretime is hiding in a hole due to the embarrassing release of the ZF sub lol. Be patient he will resurface soon, give him time.

You are a nice guy and I personally appreciate many of your posts, and I am sorry to say this but I don't think this kind of attitude is productive for the forum.
1) ZF release is not as bad as many of you depicted it. In all truth, if you like ZZF you must like ZF even more given the fact that they share a number of parts and the others are even better. But this is a matter of subjective preference as always on this hobby and I respect your view, until obviously you define it embarrassing and then I don't agree anymore. This is a dangerous way of depicting things.
2) I didn't honestly understand this ridiculous sh*tstorm against Angus. Has he made the watch by himself? What exactly did wrong? He just shared with us the release of a new watch, trying to involve us in a certain way. That's a nice thing for the community. He didn't stole your money and he didn't do anything to force you to buy it. It's just a watch, no need to react like that. If you don't like it, say it in a polite way. I am the first one to move some critics to factories but they are valuable as long as they are constructive and not just destructive.
If he will never post here again I can't blame him. Who is going to loose at the end? The community here.

This posts not refer specifically to you but more in general.

Last edited:

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
[mention]Kayatsu1 [/mention] I was totally joking/sarcastic. Meant that high heartily. Sometimes that doesn’t come across well in text alone. I do apologize :)

[mention]arpa90 [/mention] And yes, that thread was a real poop show, had to unsubscribe lol.

Last edited:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
You are a nice guy and I personally appreciate many of your posts, and I am sorry to say this but I don't think this kind of attitude is productive for the forum.
1) ZF release is not as bad as many of you depicted it. In all truth, if you like ZZF you must like ZF even more given the fact that they share a number of parts and the others are even better. But this is a matter of subjective preference as always on this hobby and I respect your view, until obviously you define it embarrassing and then I don't agree anymore. This is a dangerous way of depicting things.
2) I didn't honestly understand this ridiculous sh*tstorm against Angus. Has he made the watch by himself? What exactly did wrong? He just shared with us the release of a new watch, trying to involve us in a certain way. That's a nice thing for the community. He didn't stole your money and he didn't do anything to force you to buy it. It's just a watch, no need to react like that. If you don't like it, say it in a polite way. I am the first one to move some critics to factories but they are valuable as long as they are constructive and not just destructive.
He will probably never post here again and I can't blame him. Who is going to loose at the end? The community here.

This posts not refer specifically to you but more in general.

I was going to spring for the ZZF v2s, but now I am getting the ZF LV. I personally am excited about the details they got correct. But that’s just me. It’s fun to at least see how it is in real life at least and then get a perspective for what could be.

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
I was going to spring for the ZZF v2s, but now I am getting the ZF LV. I personally am excited about the details they got correct. But that’s just me. It’s fun to at least see how it is in real life at least and then get a perspective for what could be.

I personally think you won't be disappointed. Let us know!

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20

FYI: ZZF just released the V3. Its up on jtime’s website. Worth checking out imo. I’m sure you’d be happy with either watch.

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
I was totally joking/sarcastic. Meant that high heartily. Sometimes that doesn’t come across well in text alone. I do apologize :)

And yes, that thread was a real poop show, had to unsubscribe lol.

No worries! Your posts are usually great so I was a bit surprised of that. Anyway what I have said it is still valid because there are members who said that seriously!

Reactions: saucin

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
FYI: ZZF just released the V3. Its up on jtime’s website. Worth checking out imo. I’m sure you’d be happy with either watch.

Can you shoot me a link? Their site is tough to navigate for me haha

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand

I'm leaning that way too. Just got the z2s hulk its very good might try the zf ln. The vsf maybe promising but theres been a few comments about cheap sounding bezel and bracelet which are off putting on the rxf which sans movement will be the same watch

Last edited:

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
Anything wrong with the ZF SUB? The maker said the DW font is too thin and they are reprinting and will pass us the stock in a week time.

Welcome back. Can you please tell them there is too much of a gap in the SEL. That is the only real problem people on this forum have been freakking out over.

If they can please fix the SEL gap it would be huge!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Welcome back. Can you please tell them there is too much of a gap in the SEL. That is the only real problem people on this forum have been freakking out over.

If they can please fix the SEL gap it would be huge!

Do you have a pic showing the gap? I just checked my pics and they look good to me. Thanks

Reactions: GrandmasterChime

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Anything wrong with the ZF SUB? The maker said the DW font is too thin and they are reprinting and will pass us the stock in a week time.

It wasn’t received very positively as members thought some of the “goals/promises” were not achieved. From the photos on your website it appears to be lacking in the following areas:

1) SEL’s are not as nice as we’d expect at that price point
047a7500673139b61c36c846f68c366a.jpg

2) Crystal is nothing special (that we could see in the photos - perhaps you can send some that showcase it better, or have them update it!)
3) The clasp on the bracelet has not been fixed yet.
4) The datewheel print looks bad (but you say they are reprinting, so that’s good!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tione12

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It wasn’t received very positively as members thought some of the “goals/promises” were not achieved. From the photos on your website it appears to be lacking in the following areas:

1) SEL’s are not as nice as we’d expect at that price point
047a7500673139b61c36c846f68c366a.jpg

2) Crystal is nothing special (that we could see in the photos - perhaps you can send some that showcase it better, or have them update it!)
3) The clasp on the bracelet has not been fixed yet.
4) The datewheel print looks bad (but you say they are reprinting, so that’s good!)

Why dont use my pics as reference?

I think my pics are better

rlx2020091402-22.jpg

No one's crystal is special, but ZF crystal has the same magnifying power as the gen and the same ar coating color as gen.

Which part of the clasp has not fixed? The gap is fixed.

DW is reprinting yes.