• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help needed. Just bought faulty ZZF v3 submariner from TD

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I appreciate I'm swimming against the tide here, but I wouldn't totally rule out sending the watch back. How do you feel about the costs? £9 to post it back or £150 ish for Ado to fix it (at a total guess).
There are obvious risks inherent in sending it back; the watch getting lost for example, plus if you send it back, you can forget about the watch for 3 months. Can you also trust your TD? That said, I've sent 3 watches back in my time and all three were properly repaired and are still working to this day.
I always try and work out how much a fix will cost (watchmakers best guess) compared to the risk involved. If the cost is low, I'll always fix it myself locally, if not, send that bugger back!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Having a movement properly full serviced has other benefits than making it run right again. It prolonges it’s lifetime and greatly decreases the chance of it just stopping one day. Actually I often have my watches serviced even if they seem ok and my watch smith has fixed issues that would become a problem later on several occasions. So I’m in the “have it serviced locally“ boat for sure.

VESPA1946

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/20
This is a good thread. It's also getting me off my ass to get some of my Genuine watches, that I've been putting off. Thanks to all who contributed.