• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help needed. Just bought faulty ZZF v3 submariner from TD

lcampbell1987

Horology Curious
26/7/20
Hi guys/girls

After carefully evaluating lots of reviews / posts over the past few months I finally decided to buy a black submariner ZZF V3 from a TD.
communication , QC pics and delivery have been 1st class.
Upon getting my watch it’s losing 5+ mins each hour and it keeps stopping even though I have it on my wrist all the time. I spoke to the TD and they told me to wind it fully which I did but still the same problem.

I have asked to return the watch as per the 6 month return guarantee but they are very hesitant and told me to take it to a watchsmith for repair back in the Uk.

I trust the expert's on the forum can give me sound advice of what to do.

thanks

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Hi guys/girls

After carefully evaluating lots of reviews / posts over the past few months I finally decided to buy a black submariner ZZF V3 from a TD.
Upon getting my watch it’s losing 5+ mins each hour and it keeps stopping even though I have it on my wrist all the time. I spoke to the TD and they told me to wind it fully which I did but still the same problem.

I have asked to return the watch as per the 6 month return guarantee but they are very hesitant and told me to take it to a watchsmith for repair back in the Uk.

thanks

The a2836 just needs a service. Service and eta mainspring upgrade will do wonders. Or buy eta 2836. If he sends you another it will still need service anyways.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
It's bad luck but this happens. Don't send the watch back in China, even though it's a service often offered on the dealer's website it's not a good option.

There are several watchsmith and very knowledgeable members here that can help you out with your issue.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

lcampbell1987

Horology Curious
26/7/20
Thanks for your help guys. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a UK watchsmith.

thanks

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
ado213 is in the UK and an excellent choice. Drop him a PM. Your ZZF is probably a V2 or V2s.

James2020

1/6/20
Hi guys/girls

thanks

I’ve had similar experiences with my GMF batgirl and Noob V3 Daytona. When I first got the watch, I wound it up and wore it but the watch will be slow 5-10 mins after wearing it for 5-6 hours. In fact, the Daytona was slow by 1 full hour the next morning. Anyway, i adjusted the time and continue wearing the watch and problem went away. Seems like it takes a while for the watch to run in...

I suggest you continue to wear the watch (non-sedentary...) or put it on a watchwinder for at least another full day. You may have the same issue which was not an issue... LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: lcampbell1987

lcampbell1987

Horology Curious
26/7/20
Update - I also notice when the second hand passes the 6 dial it either slows down or stops. Anyone else experienced this ?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Would highly recommend RWI’s latest UK smith 52 degrees. He’s great with communication and very prompt. I’ve used him, but on holiday so not written a review yet - which is bad as he deserves better from me.

lcampbell1987

Horology Curious
26/7/20
Would highly recommend RWI’s latest UK smith 52 degrees. He’s great with communication and very prompt. I’ve used him, but on holiday so not written a review yet - which is bad as he deserves better from me.

Thanks. Can you please send me contact details?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help .

Getting a brand new watch from China That is not working properly is very frustrating. Many times the buyer insists that the TD didn’t properly QC the watch and that the watch was broken when shipped. These are delicate watches with relatively cheap movements. The watch was probably working fine before it was shipped. That’s a long and rough ride from China to your doorstep. Many watch movements get damaged in transport. You are getting good advice. Take it to a local watchsmith and get an estimate. Then send that estimate to the TD to see if they will pay part of it or give you a voucher for a future purchase. Good luck.