• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 16610 LV Submariner 904L Kermit photo review

hipbusta

Horology Curious
21/10/20
96b106b309e915edc2506301567e8051.jpg

Posting a pic of my new ARF that I received a few weeks ago.

Initial thoughts:
-Bezel action is trash as mentioned before here. Taking it off and putting it back on didn't do anything to solve the wobbliness. 1st purchase on the list is the click spring.
-Date font is not so thick on mine, but maybe I was lucky. Anyway it needs changing because the font doesn't have the slight serif. 2nd item on the purchase list.
-Crystal cyclops magnification is off. Date looks smaller than on my franken TC with gen crystal. 3rd item on the list.
-A bit conflicted on the bezel insert. I definitely lucked out on the "2" as it doesn't seem to have the long nose and looks flawless to me. However I'm not a fan of the color. It looks darker than the period correct gen inlay. Doesn't have the same shine in the sun either.
-Bracelet feels solid compared to my TC v6. Very impressed. maybe that's the steel .. I don't know.
-Can't say anything on the movement apart that the winding action feels rough. Perhaps needs servicing/oiling. Keeps time reasonably well.

Last edited:

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
96b106b309e915edc2506301567e8051.jpg

Posting a pic of my new ARF that I received a few weeks ago.

Initial thoughts:
-Bezel action is trash as mentioned before here. Taking it off and putting it back on didn't do anything to solve the wobbliness. 1st purchase on the list is the click spring.
-Date font is not so thick on mine, but maybe I was lucky. Anyway it needs changing because the font doesn't have the slight serif. 2nd item on the purchase list.
-Crystal cyclops magnification is off. Date looks smaller than on my franken TC with gen crystal. 3rd item on the list.
-A bit conflicted on the bezel insert. I definitely lucked out on the "2" as it doesn't seem to have the long nose and looks flawless to me. However I'm not a fan of the color. It looks darker than the period correct gen inlay. Doesn't have the same shine in the sun either.
-Bracelet feels solid compared to my TC v6. Very impressed. maybe that's the steel .. I don't know.
-Can't say anything on the movement apart that the winding action feels rough. Perhaps needs servicing/oiling. Keeps time reasonably well.

On the picture it looks like the inlay sits too deep in the bezel!

Reactions: m5smg2

hipbusta

Horology Curious
21/10/20
On the picture it looks like the inlay sits too deep in the bezel!

You're right. It's something that I haven't picked up on in the QC as the plastic cover was obstructing the gap.

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE

here’s an update.

I really appreciate the 5 digits more and more.
the nice streamlined lugs are perfect for my wrist.
but I think when get it brushed (gen spec) it would really add value to the watch.
I am on the hunt for a dial and hands but so for I can’t find them both for a reasonable price.

I have a genuine 116610LN dial and hands.
and I am thinking about get them relumed with super luminova.

It won’t be a period correct dial in any way,but besides that i am think that it will give the overall look of the watch a better overall look.

what are you guys think about it?
any advice or input is more than welcome!

This is the dial i have here:

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany

here’s an update.

I really appreciate the 5 digits more and more.
the nice streamlined lugs are perfect for my wrist.
but I think when get it brushed (gen spec) it would really add value to the watch.
I am on the hunt for a dial and hands but so for I can’t find them both for a reasonable price.

I have a genuine 116610LN dial and hands.
and I am thinking about get them relumed with super luminova.

It won’t be a period correct dial in any way,but besides that i am think that it will give the overall look of the watch a better overall look.

what are you guys think about it?
any advice or input is more than welcome!

This is the dial i have here:
With green lume it works fine I think.

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
You’re gonna kill the value of your gen dial. Why don’t you use a recent zzf/zf/vsf Ln dial as a base? Should be good enough. New step would be to use only the marker on arf dial as arf marker are bad but rest is ok

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
masterpiece777 I think heska and tribal make great points. May not be worth messing with a gen dial, and one in great condition. Rep dial options with alternate markers may be the best route?

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
Looks nice!
Where is the blue insert from?
Hows the lume on the blue bezel (green)?

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
masterpiece777 I think heska and tribal make great points. May not be worth messing with a gen dial, and one in great condition. Rep dial options with alternate markers may be the best route?

yeah it make sense indeed.
what should be the best rep dial to go for?
you think its best to keep the stock ARF dial and let only change the hourmarkers and relume them with SL.
The best hourmarkers to go for are ZZF v3 dial?

thanks for all de good advice realy appreciate it.

Stevenf

Supporter
Certified
12/7/17
Singapore
Insert lume is similar to the dial and hands (green). But the insert does not snap on tightly. The blue looks a little cheap too especially when light hits it.

It is cheap anyway, around $5. Got this because i was also getting the movement from the same seller, so why not.

All these were from a chinese seller on taobao. If you use taobao, drop me a pm and i can send you his shop name.