• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 16610 LV Submariner 904L Kermit photo review

HardVision

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/20
KJ2020 Thanks for that suggestion! The thought of reducing the thickness of one of the rings and then doubling them up never crossed my mind. I have access to a lathe at work so I think I have an idea how to make the process of removing material a little easier ;)

My plan at the moment though is to replace the bezel retaining ring, its not terribly expensive and it seems like this will take care of the issue without having to double stack things. I still haven’t found a good method for removing it however. The only thing I’ve come across is a guy on YouTube who uses a razor blade as a wedge to lift the retaining ring off the case... seems like a fine way to scratch the top of the case to hell if you ask me.

Last edited:

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
KJ2020 Thanks for that suggestion! The thought of reducing the thickness of one of the rings and then doubling them up never crossed my mind. I have access to a lathe at work so I think I have an idea how to make the process of removing material a little easier ;)

My plan at the moment though is to replace the bezel retaining ring, its not terribly expensive and it seems like this will take care of the issue without having to double stack things. I still haven’t found a good method for removing it however. The only thing I’ve come across is a guy on YouTube who uses a razor blade as a wedge to lift the retaining ring off the case... seems like a fine way to scratch the top of the case to hell if you ask me.

It doesn’t. I’ve taken all mine apart this way. It truly works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
You can also try cousinUk tension ring. It’s the tickest i had in hand (and the one on my watch now). Note that their click spring is also pretty thick and tense, so much that a combination on of both was to much for my tc assembly (bezel was impossible to turn)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Reactions: m5smg2

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
You can also try cousinUk tension ring. It’s the tickest i had in hand (and the one on my watch now). Note that their click spring is also pretty thick and tense, so much that a combination on of both was to much for my tc assembly (bezel was impossible to turn)

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: McDuck888

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
.The only thing I’ve come across is a guy on YouTube who uses a razor blade as a wedge to lift the retaining ring off the case... seems like a fine way to scratch the top of the case to hell if you ask me.

Razor blade is really the best way to get a gap started between the case and a crystal retaining ring. Put a couple layers of masking tape on top of the case. Set the blade edge at the joint and hold it firmly while tapping the blade with a jeweler's hammer. It will go under cleanly. Work around the ring a little doing the same thing til you have enough of a gap to fit a good quality case knife in there. Then work your way around the ring, prying it up with the case knife.

This is exactly the same method I use on watches with a steel bezel where it's entirely exposed like the Explorer II and Daytonas.

Last edited:

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
A cousins uk click spring sorted the bezel for me....even managed to install it myself. The quickset date functions as stopped working though. Less confident of fixing that myself : •

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Nice base for a franken
33a149bec61227a3ad35f22b0e6f37fc.jpg

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Correct me if I'm wrong. The hash marks on the bezel touch the inner and outer edge, there should be a space. Not a gen, IMO.

Yeah is not Gen. It has gen hands, AR&LEC crystal, modded dial, VR3135. Another no AR gen crystal and Gen insert ready so just need to make more time for this... LOL

Reactions: ColumnWheel

Fraan60

Looking Around
27/12/20
buongiorno qualcuno può aiutarmi a risolvere questo problema con 2 submariner ar factory v3 con movimenti sh3135 entrembi non mi funzionano l automatico mi funzionano solo con la carica a corona grazie

Reactions: Luck1519

Stevenf

Supporter
Certified
12/7/17
Singapore
Hey folks, may I ask if the bezel insert is glued on or snapped on to the bezel? Trying to re-align the insert and having a hard time trying to push it out out the bezel. Thanks!

07b00c065ddaf9e08428fccc4235c241.jpg

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Serials are different I think ... based on the pictures posted here and my own ARF

What’s the point? There’s no rehaut engravings to show the serial number. The number is only at the lugs covered by the bracelet.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
What’s the point? There’s no rehaut engravings to show the serial number. The number is only at the lugs covered by the bracelet.

I'm doing a superfranken and want it to be correct. So dial, crown, clasp of the same era as the serial. I know it's behind the serial, but when spending big it better be good haha!

hipbusta

Horology Curious
21/10/20
I'm doing a superfranken and want it to be correct. So dial, crown, clasp of the same era as the serial. I know it's behind the serial, but when spending big it better be good haha!

Figured as much! Looking forward to seeing your build if you're willing to share here!