• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 16610 LV Submariner 904L Kermit photo review

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Thanks thediesel17 Stuessi Yes it’s stock. For the date font, I think I got one of the few with the updated date wheel. Some are still shipping with the old bolder font. Before long they should all have this updated font..

abf8f486fde708aaaab53d9bc07a7452.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hm242408

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
How is the LN dial? Also close enough to gen as with the LV or is it advised to stay away from the LN?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ColumnWheel

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Is an upcoming upgrade to VR3135 confirmed or just speculation?

Shany

24/6/19
ive not seen any good SEL's on these new ARF ? is that a common problem?

Substar

16/9/20
The problem is the profile of the sel. The case lug is more rounded than the shape of the sel so it looks to stick out slightly. The sel just needs a little shaping but to be fair it looks worse in pics that reality.
f3508ac408dc8b54e43ecdefeed79ae8.jpg

Rounding it a little more where I’ve pointed would solve the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: m5smg2

Daryl70

3/7/19
The problem is the profile of the sel. The case lug is more rounded than the shape of the sel so it looks to stick out slightly. The sel just needs a little shaping but to be fair it looks worse in pics that reality.
f3508ac408dc8b54e43ecdefeed79ae8.jpg

Rounding it a little more where I’ve pointed would solve the issue.

I would have thought rounding that would be difficult as you would need to break the spring bar or whatever is inside the bracelet to be able to shape it?

Last edited:

Substar

16/9/20
Yes it would involve splitting the link to get to it. Not sure it bothers me enough really but that would be the answer as there is enough material to make it work at that point.
Just needs this kit for a mere £750!
9d955e09bbd60382ccd5d3a4a8d994e5.png

Last edited:

Daryl70

3/7/19
Yes it would involve splitting the link to get to it. Not sure it bothers me enough really but that would be the answer as there is enough material to make it work at that point.
Just needs this kit for a mere £750!
9d955e09bbd60382ccd5d3a4a8d994e5.png

Yeah not sure it bothers me enough either! For that price

Reactions: Substar and m5smg2

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Hi,

recieved my Kermit today and it’s better than I expected.
the lugs of mine are so tight.
mine bezel is not wobbly but there’s some play between each click,hope this will solved with the gen click spring.
the dial is also very well done and printing is nice and crisp.
The one I received had only one issue: the date don’t change at all but when turning manually with the crown it does,but it seems like it slips since 12 o clock you hear the click but the DW don’t even move a quarter mil..
But of course this would not be a problem for me since I will put in a gen movement with gen DW.
I have tried the gen crown and it fits like a charm and it screws even smoother than the ARF crown.

so now I am waiting for my gen B4 inlay and gen click spring.
and The party can begin :coax:

I think it’s the best that I will review my build here so anyone who’s after building a or upgrade his ARF Kermit knows the pros an cons of at least my experience,or should I start a new thread for it?

I have already give the bracelet an ultra sonic cleaning,but I am not sure about a oil bath since it attracts dirt and grease,especially with the hollow centre links.
but this is just my own point of view and I am open for any other solution and iput.

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Hi,

Didn’t made pictures up on arrive,was so excited I directly start adjusting the bracelet and give it a ultrasonic clean.
Also directly checked the crown fitment.
I should receive the gen insert today and will make a review here..
I just made some quick pictures for now..
I have wrapped the bracelet ready for shipping to a watchmaker to let be brushed like gen spec.
I leave the movement in the case to compare the inlays when it’s arrived and will also put the gen crown on it and make some pictures from it to share with you guys.
after that will wrap the case and ship it together with the bracelet to brush /polish it.

for now have only these pictures: