• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 16610 LV Submariner 904L Kermit photo review

flextime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/20
I highly suggest getting a gen insert. They can be had for about $100-150 and it really gives the watch a bit of a pop
95d67f154b690bb1926d5eba1bd448b6.jpg

liq2

Known Member
4/12/16
Seeing so many exciting timepieces here. Going to start budgeting for a franken LV

How would you allocate $1000 in upgrades across a base ARF? Thanks!

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Seeing so many exciting timepieces here. Going to start budgeting for a franken LV

How would you allocate $1000 in upgrades across a base ARF? Thanks!

VR3135 (get it serviced -optional-)
Modify the click spring (more info on this same thread)
Gen crystal
Gen insert

Enjoy!

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
Hi All, looking for some help here. I got the 16610LV a while back, but changed the movement to the VR. it all seemed to go well, but I noticed that the rotor was catching when I put it all back together. I've played around with using different rotors and even swapped the whole unit that the rotor attaches to (sorry I don't know the name of it) but I keep getting the same issue. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I just can't seem to get the rotor seated correctly. There's always a little gap while then allows the lip of the rotor to catch on the edge of the movement / case back. I thought that it might just be the rotor but I've tried swapping around the parts from the SH3135 and the VR3135, even tried another SH3135 that I had laying around but got the same result. Does anyone have any advice? The watch still winds like normal and keeps good time, but I don't know how long it'll be until something breaks or wears out.

Thanks in advance.

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Hi All, looking for some help here. …….

Thanks in advance.

Not the right section for the matter, but since you asked, a photo of the affected area would be more helpful to show the issue you’re facing.
Cheers mate

Denny14

Known Member
7/9/16
Hi all guys, I received the QC photos of my16610LN, I can't understand if there are any problems with the sels at 3 and 5 o'clock, someone would be able to understand if they are the reflections of the light or not, another question, the Does the crown on the clasp seem centered to you or does it seem more to the right? Sorry but I have difficulty framing these photos well, I hope someone can clarify my ideas a little.

tom86

Divers only
Supporter
Certified
28/7/19
EU, UAE
Hi all guys, I received the QC photos of my16610LN, I can't understand if there are any problems with the sels at 3 and 5 o'clock, someone would be able to understand if they are the reflections of the light or not, another question, the Does the crown on the clasp seem centered to you or does it seem more to the right? Sorry but I have difficulty framing these photos well, I hope someone can clarify my ideas a little.

Not an expert, but the only thing I see here is the slightly misaligned 12-hour marker, the rest seems good to me. The crown on the clasp is not centered on these. You won't get any better.

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
I know that in the first batch the crown was not centred on the clasp, but they did centre it after that. Not sure why they would have gone backwards on that.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
I know that in the first batch the crown was not centred on the clasp, but they did centre it after that. Not sure why they would have gone backwards on that.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Molokai express

Certified
14/4/21
I am trying to source a gen crystal for an ARF 16610LN and this is my first time diving into this task (sourcing watch parts of any kind). It seems obvious that looking on eBay for seller with good feedback is a start, but I was wondering if anyone has any recommends for dealers. This seems like a fairly perilous marketplace as fake parts must be ubiquitous and the gen crystals are not exactly cheap. Looking back in the forums saw that a nice gentleman gave a reference number list for crystals which is super helpful. According to the list the reference for the 16610 is b25-295-c2-c4. A European source said these are harder to find, but the AR coated 116610 crystals are easier to find, but man, they quoted the price of one last over 400 USD.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
KJ2020 with this glass, is the gasket of the right thickness also supplied? or on arf the glass protrudes a lot because the glass itself is thicker and the gasket is the correct size?

I just mounted a gen crystal (No Lec, No AR) on mine.

The ARF gasket is to tall for the gen crystal, I ended up using a gen gasket from a 116610. Now the crystal height and magnification is perfect :)

Reactions: Tete and m5smg2

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 with this glass, is the gasket of the right thickness also supplied? or on arf the glass protrudes a lot becau11se the glass itself is thicker and the gasket is the correct size?

The two gaskets that come with a gen crystal are the right height for the gen watches the crystal is intended for. Many reps have non-standard dimensions in rehaut height, dial spacer thickness, magnification strength, datewheel number size, etc so I always approach a crystal change with several gaskets and do a test fit to see which is going to be best for date mag first, then also for sitting height. If it's a close call, I take pics and do a side by side comparison to see which I like best. I don't own an ARF 16610 so I can't tell you what combo works best for it. 2841 mentioned one combo above that works. The 16610 non AR crystal is period correct, though some very late model 16610s (V serials) did have an AR cyclops. A 16610 can come back from an RSC service with a replacement AR cyclops crystal too.

Reactions: 2841

hologramet

24/6/13
Have they updated the indices and hands to ”better” ones like on their ceramic models? Because I got one 2 years ago and they were quite horrible.

Thx!

Reactions: Tete

Denny14

Known Member
7/9/16
The two gaskets that come with a gen crystal are the right height for the gen watches the crystal is intended for. Many reps have non-standard dimensions in rehaut height, dial spacer thickness, magnification strength, datewheel number size, etc so I always approach a crystal change with several gaskets and do a test fit to see which is going to be best for date mag first, then also for sitting height. If it's a close call, I take pics and do a side by side comparison to see which I like best. I don't own an ARF 16610 so I can't tell you what combo works best for it. 2841 mentioned one combo above that works. The 16610 non AR crystal is period correct, though some very late model 16610s (V serials) did have an AR cyclops. A 16610 can come back from an RSC service with a replacement AR cyclops crystal too.

Thank you KJ2020
Do you by any chance know if the gasket of the sub 116610 is the same as that of the 16610? because I would like to mount the glass you mentioned, but I see that the glass is lower than how arf makes it come out