• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 16610 LV Submariner 904L Kermit photo review

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Thanks for sharing. It’s a little hard to tell in that photo. With uniform lighting you can clearly see the difference.
36b0a17a11340b1e5e9c3508ef2994d4.plist

I just want to point out that its not always this simple. There are a lot of variables.

I recently bought a VRF LN gmt and I put and arf bracelet with PCL.

I also bought a GMT BLNR and the color of the GMF brushe 904L surfaces were much darker than arf.

In fact, when I walked around and looked at the GMF bracelet it had a finish that looked almost like titanium and had a much more but very subtle more grey finish.

So there can be significant variation from how it is made but also from how it is prepared/finished.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: m5smg2

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Some of the older rep 316 bracelets had a darker sheen, some even had a brownish tint... just cheap stainless that was actually pretty magnetic. Proper 316L next to proper 904L isn’t that much different, it’s barely noticeable. I found the early rep 904L steel was pretty magnetic compared to the gen Rolex 904L which is a clear indication something isn’t right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
It’s a stunning base for a Franken,what are the correct reference codes for the following parts ( especially period correct I have read that these should be 2003?)

* gen xtal

* gen DW ?

* gen inlay

* gen hands

* gen dail

wil these all be a straight fit on this ARF Kermit,
and are thé claps codes correspondents the correct year that matches the serials?

very curious If already someone knows it..

thanks to everyone who’s adding some clear good pictures !

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
It’s a stunning base for a Franken,what are the correct reference codes for the following parts ( especially period correct I have read that these should be 2003?)

* gen xtal

* gen DW ?

* gen inlay

* gen hands

* gen dail

wil these all be a straight fit on this ARF Kermit,
and are thé claps codes correspondents the correct year that matches the serials?

very curious If already someone knows it..

thanks to everyone who’s adding some clear good pictures !

Yes it is period correct without rehaut engravings from the 2003 Kermit launch.

All your listed gen parts were interchangeable with the JF so there is no reason to think they won’t fit the new ARF.

Reactions: masterpiece777

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Yes it is period correct without rehaut engravings from the 2003 Kermit launch.

All your listed gen parts were interchangeable with the JF so there is no reason to think they won’t fit the new ARF.

Hi, thanks for your input!

i have checked pictures of the ARF Kermit,

and the right year of this build watch isn’t 2003, it’s actually 2007!
the good thing is that they have done a good you by not screwing up with not matching the built year of the clasp and case!
they did a really good job!
i have attached pictures from the ARF case serials between the lugs Which is start with M and this means 2007 as we can see on the pictures.
The clasp code is EO6 and it’s means it was produced in June 2007.
I can see on the pictures is that the engravings seems so well done and the clasp looks really great with the embossed Rolex logo and engraved serials and clasp code!
the more I looking at this watch the more I have a feeling I need it...
i really don’t know why before I appreciate the watch for what it was a anniversary sub,in green just something special but never had the feeling it should be on my wrist.
I am infected by some green virus since I now have ordered a ARF V3 hulk and will do a super Franken with CF BEZEL,BP DAIL, GEN 315 with blue parachrome hairspring,gen hands and gen crown and Xtal.. and will slowly looking for a Gen dail/bezel over time..
But until now had very bad luck the BP dail is lost in postal I really hope that they will find them!
The watch they had offered me had many defects and rejected it and now they have told me it’s not in stock..
But at least all gen parts are ready.
but I already had ordered all for this build before I have seen this one!
I am very curious when more people have them in hands and will review the Kermit and if they are really that good like we can see on the pictures!
this will be my next project if it’s like that :)

here the pictures where we can see that it’s a 2007 watch:

Reactions: Ro13x

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
masterpiece777 you’re overthinking this and splitting hairs. By 2007 all 5 digit Subs had rehaut engravings. You’re making your self crazy comparing M or Z serial numbers and clasp codes etc.

Good call on the ARF Hulk. I have one. it will
Impress you. Solid.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
September 2007 was the introduction of rehaut engraving on subs. There are a few very rare engraved rehaut ‘z’ serials but most were ‘m’. I had a engraved Z Ln but actually I’ve never seen an Lv in that spec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
[mention]masterpiece777 [/mention] rabbit hole!

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
masterpiece777 you’re overthinking this and splitting hairs. By 2007 all 5 digit Subs had rehaut engravings. You’re making your self crazy comparing M or Z serial numbers and clasp codes etc.

Good call on the ARF Hulk. I have one. it will
Impress you. Solid.

What I have found On several websites about when RLX was started that it’s seems to be correct on the ARF Kermit..
it is true that it’s splitting hairs,but it just impressed me that they have done all details spot on..
since factories will leave some flaws so it can be corrected in a next version.
if I do a build and spent like 5k in euros to get as close to gen as possible then it’s nice that even the smallest details (especially the things we can’t change like serials) l engravings are just how it should be!
for example ARF is famous for his bad magnification/xtal and date wheel.
but those things can be solved by add gen movements with DW and a XTAL.

here is where they have explained that the M serials 2007 diddent had the rehout engrevings and they started the half of period when they had introduced the Z serials:

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
go down the rabbit hole. To enter into a situation or begin a process or journey that is particularly strange, problematic, difficult, complex, or chaotic, especially one that becomes increasingly so as it develops or unfolds.

Thanks I for explaining me,
didn’t know that metaphor,so it’s nice for me to even improve my English as well :)
i assuming that he’s meant that the more you will Franken/learn about the watches You’re always will find out something to improve like its a never ending story?
i just woke up and I realized that the my coffee beans are finished so forgive me if I’m interpreted wrongly...

Anyway good morning everyone:)

does anybody know if there is a link to a videoreview of the this ARF Kermit?
i have found out that’s very hard to find video reviews of ARF latest V3 LN hulk as well when searching only noob and Zzf hulks are popping up,or some very short videos of the LN v3..

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
What I have found On several websites about when RLX was started that it’s seems to be correct on the ARF Kermit..
it is true that it’s splitting hairs,but it just impressed me that they have done all details spot on..
since factories will leave some flaws so it can be corrected in a next version.
if I do a build and spent like 5k in euros to get as close to gen as possible then it’s nice that even the smallest details (especially the things we can’t change like serials) l engravings are just how it should be!
for example ARF is famous for his bad magnification/xtal and date wheel.
but those things can be solved by add gen movements with DW and a XTAL.

here is where they have explained that the M serials 2007 diddent had the rehout engrevings and they started the half of period when they had introduced the Z serials:

Wtf! What did I just tell you about that! Talk about repetition!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
i assuming that he’s meant that the more you will Franken/learn about the watches You’re always will find out something to improve like its a never ending story?

Exactly what I meant :)

You can spend thousands and thousands on a franken if you wish. At the end of the day it’ll still be a fake watch. IMO much better off going to buy a nice genuine tudor or the like. I spent 2.3k£ on a franken I had built, I’d never do it again.

But each to their own

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Exactly what I meant :)

You can spend thousands and thousands on a franken if you wish. At the end of the day it’ll still be a fake watch. IMO much better off going to buy a nice genuine tudor or the like. I spent 2.3k£ on a franken I had built, I’d never do it again.

But each to their own

I fully agree with you!

i even always advise people that you can Franken until all besides case and bracelet in the end it always remains a rep..

but to me it’s just that I like the road from first read and search all about the period correct parts and reference numbers from these parts so they are conform with the base.
then the journey to find these parts so I will have a watch which is the most closest to the gen model as possible.
its the fun of all these things I getting out of it,but with the DJ36 my last build it’s crazy I could just pay like 2k more and have a gen watch..
but I will keep the watch for my self and have no intention to sell..
And after finishing that build I told my self that I would not ever do it again.
i have a couple gens but only precious metals I think it’s worth buying in gen.
If SS sports models where available at retail prices I would buy gens for sure.
But there now is a crazy grey market price bubble which I will explode en your ending up with a wast of money on them as well.
So that’s why this time I was starting to think ok hulks versions are really getting close now so let’s try to build a hybrid with only a gen xtal and DW..
and now have endend up buying a new Gen movement with blue parachrome hairspring and DW, GEn xtal/gasket,gen hands,gen crown..
CF inlay BP dail.
but I don’t want to spend like 4 to 5k euros for a gen bezel/inlay.

But the Kermit seems very nice base to add some gen parts like inlay,crown xtal and DW and maybe change the movement from the DJ36 and put in a VR and see if it’s reliable like many people experienced here on forum.

i attach some pics of the last build: