Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARF 16610 LV Submariner 904L Kermit photo review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I highly suggest getting a gen insert. They can be had for about $100-150 and it really gives the watch a bit of a pop

    Comment



      Comment


        Seeing so many exciting timepieces here. Going to start budgeting for a franken LV

        How would you allocate $1000 in upgrades across a base ARF? Thanks!
        Last edited by liq2; 12-07-21, 00:32.

        Comment


          Originally posted by liq2 View Post
          Seeing so many exciting timepieces here. Going to start budgeting for a franken LV

          How would you allocate $1000 in upgrades across a base ARF? Thanks!

          VR3135 (get it serviced -optional-)
          Modify the click spring (more info on this same thread)
          Gen crystal
          Gen insert

          Enjoy!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Hinclimincli View Post


            VR3135 (get it serviced -optional-)
            Modify the click spring (more info on this same thread)
            Gen crystal
            Gen insert

            Enjoy!
            Thanks!

            Comment


              Hi All, looking for some help here. I got the 16610LV a while back, but changed the movement to the VR. it all seemed to go well, but I noticed that the rotor was catching when I put it all back together. I've played around with using different rotors and even swapped the whole unit that the rotor attaches to (sorry I don't know the name of it) but I keep getting the same issue. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I just can't seem to get the rotor seated correctly. There's always a little gap while then allows the lip of the rotor to catch on the edge of the movement / case back. I thought that it might just be the rotor but I've tried swapping around the parts from the SH3135 and the VR3135, even tried another SH3135 that I had laying around but got the same result. Does anyone have any advice? The watch still winds like normal and keeps good time, but I don't know how long it'll be until something breaks or wears out.

              Thanks in advance.

              Comment


                Originally posted by wristonfire123 View Post
                Hi All, looking for some help here. …….

                Thanks in advance.

                Not the right section for the matter, but since you asked, a photo of the affected area would be more helpful to show the issue you’re facing.
                Cheers mate

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Rubberman View Post


                  Not the right section for the matter, but since you asked, a photo of the affected area would be more helpful to show the issue you’re facing.
                  Cheers mate
                  Ahh sorry. I’ll repost in the correct section and include photos.


                  Sent from the RWI App

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by wristonfire123 View Post

                    Ahh sorry. I’ll repost in the correct section and include photos.


                    Sent from the RWI App
                    No need to be sorry mate! I just saying it, not bashing haha
                    cheers

                    Comment


                      Hi all guys, I received the QC photos of my16610LN, I can't understand if there are any problems with the sels at 3 and 5 o'clock, someone would be able to understand if they are the reflections of the light or not, another question, the Does the crown on the clasp seem centered to you or does it seem more to the right? Sorry but I have difficulty framing these photos well, I hope someone can clarify my ideas a little.





                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Denny14 View Post
                        Hi all guys, I received the QC photos of my16610LN, I can't understand if there are any problems with the sels at 3 and 5 o'clock, someone would be able to understand if they are the reflections of the light or not, another question, the Does the crown on the clasp seem centered to you or does it seem more to the right? Sorry but I have difficulty framing these photos well, I hope someone can clarify my ideas a little.

                        Not an expert, but the only thing I see here is the slightly misaligned 12-hour marker, the rest seems good to me. The crown on the clasp is not centered on these. You won't get any better.

                        Comment


                          I know that in the first batch the crown was not centred on the clasp, but they did centre it after that. Not sure why they would have gone backwards on that.


                          Sent from my iPhone using RWI

                          Comment


                            I know that in the first batch the crown was not centred on the clasp, but they did centre it after that. Not sure why they would have gone backwards on that.


                            Sent from my iPhone using RWI

                            Comment


                              I am trying to source a gen crystal for an ARF 16610LN and this is my first time diving into this task (sourcing watch parts of any kind). It seems obvious that looking on eBay for seller with good feedback is a start, but I was wondering if anyone has any recommends for dealers. This seems like a fairly perilous marketplace as fake parts must be ubiquitous and the gen crystals are not exactly cheap. Looking back in the forums saw that a nice gentleman gave a reference number list for crystals which is super helpful. According to the list the reference for the 16610 is b25-295-c2-c4. A European source said these are harder to find, but the AR coated 116610 crystals are easier to find, but man, they quoted the price of one last over 400 USD.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

                                That would be the B25-295-C12-C1. Either crystal will fit either the Sub or GMT but there's a slight difference in the slope to the top outer edge.

                                https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...uide-for-xtals
                                KJ2020 with this glass, is the gasket of the right thickness also supplied? or on arf the glass protrudes a lot because the glass itself is thicker and the gasket is the correct size?
                                Last edited by Denny14; 04-09-21, 22:26.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X