• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Want to buy a 16570 case with customized serial number

kwryeung

Looking Around
10/8/20
Hi everyone
I am new to this forum and really want to seek for advise.

I lost my 20-year old very memorable Explorer II 16570 by accident. Understanding that it could not be back anymore, an idea coming to my mind is to build a Franken watch.

The 1st step is to get the case.

Is there any chance I could order a replica 16570 case with specific serial number? Where could I order this?

Appreciate for any advice or experience on this Franken project.

LanZ77

Horology Curious
8/6/20
I believe the best way for this would be to contact Phong who does cases.

Little heads up if you ever try to sell a fake watch as real, as I see you are for some reason focused on the serial number which NO one would be able to see on wrist. Not only are you doing something illegal with that, one quick look at the movement and your done, or even at the case. Rep cases are no where near perfect so if you are going for a franken that you want to use yourself forget the serial number nonsense and just enjoy... if not... you have been warned.

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
Your best bet would be to get in contact with one of the TDs directly either through the section on the forum or one of their websites.

They might be able to ask the factory when another run of GMT or sub cases is made.

cwfmon

Renowned Member
5/11/16
Hi everyone
I am new to this forum and really want to seek for advise.

I lost my 20-year old very memorable Explorer II 16570 by accident. Understanding that it could not be back anymore, an idea coming to my mind is to build a Franken watch.

The 1st step is to get the case.

Is there any chance I could order a replica 16570 case with specific serial number? Where could I order this?

Appreciate for any advice or experience on this Franken project.

Why would you need a specific serial number for a Franken project? Are you trying to match a serial number you have on some papers? I hope you haven’t come here asking our esteemed community for information that will be used towards some illegal actions. We hate this and have a place for those kind of people. The BRIG!

Last edited:

kwryeung

Looking Around
10/8/20
You guess correctly but I guarantee that I am not doing illegal stuff. My watch was stolen and I just want to have a "replacement" one in my collection. Sorry if making you confused.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Well I don't see the point to absolutely have the matching serial with your paper unless you want to pass it as gen when you'll sell it.