• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC pics show bezel not lined up - 116519

tom_h

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/20
116519 noob v3

this might seem silly however please bear with me as im new to the rep world and this is my first rep purchase.

the second pic shows the bezel slightly off centre.
is there anyway to know if thats because its been moved a bit or if that is the 12 o'clock position and it is not perfectly straight and never will be regardless if I get a cf replacement for example??

also the middle chrono hand is not perfectly dead on straight with everything else (blue circle). is this being too picky for reps??

also the clasp shows a mark on it. i cant tell if thats a ding or just plastic wrap.

lastly, can anyone see anything else that is worth raising to the seller.

thank you so much.
this forum is so helpful and full of wonderful people.

Last edited:

tom_h

15/2/20
bIUJb.png

Last edited by a moderator:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
The watch is fine.

the bezel looks like that because is it above the dial and there is a slight angle. The pinion for the second dial looks like that because it is below the canon pinion and there is a slight angle. The clasp has a sticker on it.

Reactions: BOSSK

tom_h

15/2/20
The watch is fine.

the bezel looks like that because is it above the dial and there is a slight angle. The pinion for the second dial looks like that because it is below the canon pinion and there is a slight angle. The clasp has a sticker on it.

thank you so much for taking time to respond muiramas.

if the pinion of the second dial is off because of the angle of the image, then surely other things on the red line will also be off. however, the main pinion, the 12 o'clock, the 6 o'clock, and the rolex logo are all perfectly aligned.

Reactions: DR Russell

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
thank you so much for taking time to respond muiramas.

if the pinion of the second dial is off because of the angle of the image, then surely other things on the red line will also be off. however, the main pinion, the 12 o'clock, the 6 o'clock, and the rolex logo are all perfectly aligned.

Draw a line from the 15 to the 45 second marker on the second dial. The pinion is in the correct position.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

The relative height of an object is going to have an impact on angles. The center second hand pinion is higher than the subdial second hand.

Note you are also looking at differences that are measured in 10ths of a millimetre - you can not measure or see 10ths of a millimetre with the naked eye.

Reactions: BOSSK

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
That is just sloppy manufacturing. If you GL this, you're just giving the factory the message that second best is good enough. Is it? Well I say, "No!" You're spending your hard earned money on this watch and you should demand perfection down to a thousandth of a millimeter. RL bro, RL.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Don’t be thick bruh. That alignment is a no go. It will suck for your IG pics. My broskys on the Det (Reddit) would RL that all day long. RL bruh. RL. I also noticed that watch ain’t real.

James2020

1/6/20
116519 noob v3

this might seem silly however please bear with me as im new to the rep world and this is my first rep purchase.

the second pic shows the bezel slightly off centre.
is there anyway to know if thats because its been moved a bit or if that is the 12 o'clock position and it is not perfectly straight and never will be regardless if I get a cf replacement for example??

also the middle chrono hand is not perfectly dead on straight with everything else (blue circle). is this being too picky for reps??

also the clasp shows a mark on it. i cant tell if thats a ding or just plastic wrap.

lastly, can anyone see anything else that is worth raising to the seller.

thank you so much.
this forum is so helpful and full of wonderful people.

+1 the watch looks fine. Agree with what some of the members have said, it’s likely due to the camera angle / lens distortion.

Pardon me for being blunt but I suggest you turn down your OCD-ness and manage your expectations that these are replicas. If you reject this piece, the next one could be worse.

Reactions: tom_h

tom_h

15/2/20
cheers everyone.

just a newbie not knowing what the QC standards are.

appreciate all the help

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
my bad

just thought id throw that out there on top of the specific questions.
this is my first purchase and i have no idea what to look for.

thanks

It would help if you knew what to look for though, wouldn't it? The process of buying a rep should be:

1. Decide what rep you want.
2. Get yourself educated about that model - factory and version, and what to expect. There's a shit-ton of information on just about every rep on the forums.
3. Order it.
4. PATIENTLY WAIT for QC.
5. Check the QC: Is it what I ordered, and (based on my research) does it look okay?
6. PATIENTLY WAIT for delivery.
7. Receive and do a little dance of joy.
8. Wear it to the nearest AD to fool them and thus prove how good it is.*

Not doing your own research before paying for something seems a bit daft. But anyway, QC pics aren't supplied so that buyers (and everyone else they invite to the review) can nit-pick microscopic details. They're to confirm that you're being sent the watch you ordered - and to check it doesn't have any glaring flaws or issues; the kind of thing that anyone would spot, whether they're an expert or not.

*DON'T DO THIS.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Now U have learnt what u can/cannot ask iro QC, I would suggest to manage expectations, tone down the OCD-ness, and enjoy the incoming watch.
Do note that the Daytona do not have the most reliable movement, and not really a “newbie friendly” watch, I suggest u read up on what u can/cannot do on the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollieFingerz

Former Supporter/Patron and now NO SALED for profi
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/7/19
cheers everyone.

just a newbie not knowing what the QC standards are.

appreciate all the help

Standards are that of a NOT A REAL ROLEX..have some common sense