• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yet Another! Watchfinder Gen v Rep (GMT PEPSI)

James2020

1/6/20
^ haha, typical watchfinder reviews. 90% about random history, fun facts and 10% (or less) on the actual review... But i still enjoy their really beautiful videos and the narrator has nice, soothing voice... LOL

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Love his videos. It's always a thin line between "education on fakes" (or so they say) and pure advertisement for reps.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I spent the entire video thinking,"Shut up - we know all that! Compare the watches! Compare the watches!" Damn, what a boring let-down.

Lol same here mate, this guys talks too much... In the end the video is not that useful. The light does not really allow to compare colors and he doesn't so any detailed comparisons of any feature...

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I spent the entire video thinking,"Shut up - we know all that! Compare the watches! Compare the watches!" Damn, what a boring let-down.

Indeed, it was more like a video for the sake of making a video he didn’t compare at all. Was almost to give his insight into what he knows. I believe he has a fascination with the world of replication like many of us do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: watchoself

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Indeed, it was more like a video for the sake of making a video he didn’t compare at all. Was almost to give his insight into what he knows. I believe he has a fascination with the world of replication like many of us do.
Yes, I think you're right. And as to my disappointment at the lack of a review/comparison - well those are predictable too: "Look at these two watches, and they look almost identical. But, zoom in to look again in microscopic detail, and you'll see that they aren't..." Even though us rep fans can all see the glaring differences at "normal" viewing distance...

Reactions: pirate949

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Yeah, very nice video, the video quality is outstanding, the one with the Noob Daytona was amazing as well.

I would have loved some more "comparing" in that "Replica praising"

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Enjoyed the video. I could certainly see the rounded hands on the gen, but I must admit that the rep was also pretty nice.

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
Not an apples for apples comparison....Mk3 rep vs mk2 gen?

I’d like to think this video is a result of a impulsive rant I sent them after their last video that featured the same gmt rep. I basically said they overlooked the rep community and how fun it was collecting them!

Troklo

23/12/15
Was I the only one that thought that the blue on the rep insert was nicer than on the gen?

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
I think this NOOB is a great rep. So far, it's the only Pepsi with a decent insert, a correct case etc.. Even in macros it was holding very well. What a shame for the movement and the bezel problems.

Reactions: James2020