• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Upcoming RXF New Submariner 116610 LN and Comparison

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
It looks like it’s on a 20 year old HEL bracelet with those gaps all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It looks like it’s on a 20 year old HEL bracelet with those gaps all around.

Those aren't gaps bro, you're seeing the inside of the top of the lug due to a nice recess.

xEQm4.jpg

Last edited:

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Those aren't gaps bro, you're seeing the inside of the top of the lug due to a nice recess.

xEQm4.jpg

Makes sense. Silly of me to overlook that.

That’s why things always look worse in photos. My First ARF was similar, had great recess braclet but never looked quit like that in pics. in person almost no gap.

But often you seen qc look this way and you can see through a gap between lug and SEL when back lit. I think it’s a bit of both. So I look forward to kennyG pics so we can dismiss it either way totally

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

xEQm4.jpg

I've been wondering this for a while what everybody is talking about. People are accustomed to the usual Noob flush SELs and now after good recess SELs everybody says nah this is crap. Gens look like that due to the recess and so do my ZZFs with good recess SEL bracelets although there are no gaps.

Gen

s-l1600.gif

Last edited:

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
I like a good recess but keep in mind that even SEL on years-worn gen with stretched bracelets are ugly!

Then there’s gens that go into service and the rebrushing from Rolex takes off metal from the lugs and the SELs lose their recess altogether

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I like a good recess but keep in mind that even SEL on years-worn gen with stretched bracelets are ugly!

Then there’s gens that go into service and the rebrushing from Rolex takes off metal from the lugs and the SELs lose their recess altogether

Yep exactly right.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I actually like the look of a years worn ceramic sub. Stretched bracelet, a bit fading / flacking insert, some dents and scratches. Makes the watch look like its seen some adventures here and there and been used like its intended to. Has some good history with the owner.

themannier

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/13
FRANCE
This is a very clean Sub, i like the markers a lot and even if the cyclop has a blue tint the date is very clear and nice !
This is good to see some nice recessed SEL like that :rolleyes:

Reactions: KJ2020