• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Arabic Daytona 116506

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
b4aeaf03ebd4b6026b1a70df45844d83.jpg

Wow I really like this!!!

Guys what do you think of this new release from Trusty???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ra1n

Known Member
29/7/20
This look amazing, I would like to get one myself, thank you for sharing this OP.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Unfortunately still wrong SELs, and no individual sunburst on the subdials. Although the arabic figures look good shapewise they are in my opinon a tad too small compared to Gen.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Unfortunately still wrong SELs, and no individual sunburst on the subdials. Although the arabic figures look good shapewise they are in my opinon a tad too small compared to Gen.
I agree, shame the dial is wrong and the wrong SEL. Is like the normal 116506 noob currently is offering. I actually don't mind buying an aftermarket dial, but again there aren't any decent one either.

I wonder anyone here knows if there are any methods to refinished the noob dial with the correct sunburst?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: MAYHM

guillaumelagier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
i love this watch, if only they could find a solution for the weight, gen is platinum and i believe weighs 450 grams! She deserves to find a solution, because she is beautiful !!

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
i love this watch, if only they could find a solution for the weight, gen is platinum and i believe weighs 450 grams! She deserves to find a solution, because she is beautiful !!

Not 450g, it is about 270

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
sels are wrong , subials sunburst wrong and you care about the weight?

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Is 4% off now on Trusty, is odd for a new watch and is a daytona (I never seen a 4130 discounted) is already being discounted.

I guess the weight is a given as I held the gen and is very heavy. But unless you hand the watch to someone is hard to tell unless the watch has its flaws corrected (as per above) and the person can't the difference visually between platinum and steel (which in my opinion quite hard as it notnl like WG).

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Is 4% off now on Trusty, is odd for a new watch and is a daytona (I never seen a 4130 discounted) is already being discounted.

I guess the weight is a given as I held the gen and is very heavy. But unless you hand the watch to someone is hard to tell unless the watch has its flaws corrected (as per above) and the person can't the difference visually between platinum and steel (which in my opinion quite hard as it notnl like WG).

I have a few watches and I have never taken off a watch for anyone. If they want to see, I show them on the wrist. I think its rude for someone to ask to hold it.
I think this looks good, how many people would have seen a GEN Plat Daytona in the flesh to be able to compare, especially when you are moving, walking, etc etc, I think hard to tell.
Ive been in this game now for 13 years, and now even I find it hard to tell on the wrist of the people I meet everyday, if its a replica, unless its is junk quality Rep.
I say wear and enjoy :)

Reactions: lotavio and shel504

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I have a few watches and I have never taken off a watch for anyone. If they want to see, I show them on the wrist. I think its rude for someone to ask to hold it.
I think this looks good, how many people would have seen a GEN Plat Daytona in the flesh to be able to compare, especially when you are moving, walking, etc etc, I think hard to tell.
Ive been in this game now for 13 years, and now even I find it hard to tell on the wrist of the people I meet everyday, if its a replica, unless its is junk quality Rep.
I say wear and enjoy :)

I agree, I don't take off my watches (gen or rep) usually unless they are my friends and I'm always upfront if its a rep or gen (even at work).

I can see pass the wrong size font of the Arabic numbers, but I think the sunburst annoys me. This is the reason I haven't pulled the trigger for the normal 116506 and the blue 116509.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
noob should hire the guys who make the dials for arf, it would be awesome

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
a bpf model has just been released on trusty, what do you think, can we change the thickness? THANKS GUYS.

KrX

12/5/20
Hello,

i have ordered this one and i'm waiting for it.

but i have received the same one without arabic dial and i can tel you the sunburst is fantastic.

Have a nice day