• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need Help Please... Real or Rep Submariner

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Hi Guys, this has come up on the Bay in Australia, i've done a bit of homework and the bracelet appears to be fake, can anyone with more knowledge confirm this? As for the watch head i'm not sure, I'm no expert, the crown guards look fat but difficult to tell from the angles, any help would be appreciated.

James2020

1/6/20
Thanks for the reply, Reckons he found it on the beach.... but doesn't clean it before posting it?????

more like he found it in the sewers... LOL

like what Hor-fan said, the grime is left there for a reason.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Thanks for the reply, Reckons he found it on the beach.... but doesn't clean it before posting it?????

If he cleans the watch it will even look worse. He’s trying to disguise it. The “I found it” is always a dead giveaway. It’s up there with the “old girlfriend/ex-wife gave it to me” and “it was part of an estate.”

Reactions: James2020

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
It says you have been here for 3 years and 700 posts... you cant tell if something like this is fake or real??

Reactions: trailboss99

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
It says you have been here for 3 years and 700 posts... you cant tell if something like this is fake or real??

Hey there Mr 57 posts, if you don't have anything constructive to say I suggest you go and troll somewhere else! You'll find with experience that this is a friendly site where all members can have an open and free discussion without some asshat chiming in with a worthless comment, go f**k yourself!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

You sure do flap at the mouth a lot.

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
Jesus Christ whoever has worn that watch is one filthy bugger

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone 11 using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Faker than a fake fake. So much wrong I don't know where to start.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
This is such a collectors item in that totally original untouched condition! Sky’s the limit on this one!:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
You sure do flap at the mouth a lot.

Lol yea I'm opinionated but it comes with experience. I was just curious because I figured everyone here was a watch enthusiast like me and just absorbed all the information at hand in these forums. I spent weeks looking through all this stuff here and very much enjoyed it, so something as obviously fake as this...initially I thought this was a fun sarcastic thread because 720 posts and been here for 3 years so surely he knew but then I saw it was a genuine question and I was like wow really? Lol

I wont respond though to jackster reply and start a flame thread. I dont swear at people or name call.

Reactions: tripdog

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
I am a watch enthusiast, that's why i'm here. I admit that I don't have an eye for detail, and yes although I have been here for quite a while I really struggle with what others seem to find so easy, that is, distinguishing the fine details that make it possible to detect a piece of crap from a good rep. So if anyone would like to start a list of all the things that scream bad rep on this particular watch I would be very grateful for the education. I know the bracelet is a rep so can we just stick to the head. I'll start.....

1. The Crown Lugs are too fat.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I am a watch enthusiast, that's why i'm here. I admit that I don't have an eye for detail, and yes although I have been here for quite a while I really struggle with what others seem to find so easy, that is, distinguishing the fine details that make it possible to detect a piece of crap from a good rep. So if anyone would like to start a list of all the things that scream bad rep on this particular watch I would be very grateful for the education. I know the bracelet is a rep so can we just stick to the head. I'll start.....

1. The Crown Lugs are too fat.

Everything is wrong so no need to bother any further!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yogibear