• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex bezel tooth variations

jembediah

Renowned Member
20/5/14
hi in gen rolexes i've seen watches with same reference i.e. 116710LN,but the more i see pics of it the more i realize that there are a lot of bezel tooth variatons.
for example the depth of the bezel tooth (the drilling) some look shallow some look deep and also the placing of the bezel tooth with the bezel insert.
is that normal ? so why some ppl concern about the bezel tooth on the rep? because i've seen reps nowadays have the correct vertical finish and slight polish finish on the bezel tooth.
i've only know the very obvious bezel tooth flaw is only for the ARF SD43 with bad tooth spacing (looks very sharp)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
You would make your point better and invite more responses if you included references.

In absence of that, a few reasons.

1. Sometimes there is a misunderstanding on what the gen is, how it can vary, and how it is made.

2. Even if the teeth and scallops look correct, they can also feel very sharp because of the way they are machined.

3. Forum verbatim and Chinese whispers - one member says something which is not necessarily correct and it spreads like fire.

... and also the placing of the bezel tooth with the bezel insert.

The position of the insert (numbers) in retaltion to the teeth will always vary for the same reasons as why the coronet on the crown will not always point up. (See 1)

jembediah

Renowned Member
20/5/14
You would make your point better and invite more responses if you included references.

In absence of that, a few reasons.

1. Sometimes there is a misunderstanding on what the gen is, how it can vary, and how it is made.

2. Even if the teeth and scallops look correct, they can also feel very sharp because of the way they are machined.

3. Forum verbatim and Chinese whispers - one member says something which is not necessarily correct and it spreads like fire.

The position of the insert (numbers) in retaltion to the teeth will always vary for the same reasons as why the coronet on the crown will not always point up. (See 1)

thanks for the reply sir
and yes you are right,i just realized that the teeth and the insert number positions does vary a lot on gen.