• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Fistful of 5-Digit FrankenSubs!

MichaelNunz

ALWAYS On Time
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
Philadelphia
I was turned on to crown art customes, they have some great gen and rep inserts! You can find them on IG. They have some KILLER inserts posted in their stories daily.

MichaelNunz

ALWAYS On Time
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
Philadelphia
Gen spec viet case, Gen crystal no LEC/AR, Gen hands, Gen tritium dial, Gen naturally faded insert, Gen 703 crown, Swiss tube, springbars, screws, VS3135, Italian Markie mark Bracelet. Unfortunately the bracelet has the incorrect codes I need to get a 93150 bracelet to get it correct.

Reactions: Thecloudhopper

Baccaracca669

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Patron
Certified
25/11/23
Kent, UK
Wow @p0pperini and crew - damn, this has to be my favourite post I’ve read on RWI so far. Amazing copy and stunning photography, presented beautifully. Thank you for taking the time to make this write up, it’s given me many ideas for a future build - the spider dials are some of the nicest I’ve seen online!

Reactions: MichaelNunz

MichaelNunz

ALWAYS On Time
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
Philadelphia
Wow @p0pperini and crew - damn, this has to be my favourite post I’ve read on RWI so far. Amazing copy and stunning photography, presented beautifully. Thank you for taking the time to make this write up, it’s given me many ideas for a future build - the spider dials are some of the nicest I’ve seen online!
This was me last year when I first discovered this incredible post. What’s even more exciting, is there’s posts like all over the members threads. Hidden treasures waiting to be found 🤟🏼

• Love
Reactions: Baccaracca669

MichaelNunz

ALWAYS On Time
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
Philadelphia
Punchy pricing but CAC have a few GEN 16610s with varying degrees of fade on ebay at the moment: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2666528127...D8E9N0&hash=item3e15bf05ec:g:nU8AAOSwt6NlvnhV
I would absolutely reccomend CAC. As stated above some inserts can be a bit on the pricey side. However you are getting genuine quality every time. I purchased an insert for my 1675. I managed to flatten it out due to my overly aggressive attempts to fit it in the bezel. Rick didn’t hesitate to get my problem straightened out. For that alone I’m a return customer.
The picture with the open 6 showing in the date window has the CAC insert.

CF_Stan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
I’m more impressed by the magazine style professional presentation than the collection itself. That’s only because I have hardly any knowledge about vintage watches. The presentation, images, fonts, arrangements are just mind blowing, congratulations @p0pperini it’s the platinum standard for reviews.

I’m not really a fan of vintage anything, I’m much more attracted to modern designs, materials etc. Having said that I do like them including vintage cars I just don’t desire to own them, although number one (I can’t even remember the name 😀) is starting to grow on me.

I just clicked on the link in your signature out of curiosity and am very glad that I did, can’t wait to read the others now. Thank you for taking so much time and effort to produce this.