• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Fistful of 5-Digit FrankenSubs!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thanks again for all the kind comments and compliments.

Redheart

17/5/19
How is it possible I just saw this! Now I am on fire to make myself a bluesy! I have the gen dial and gen insert, I must make up my mind about what route I will go now!
oh and your black TT is just a beauty, so well captured. It is IMHO the essence of the sub, the two tone is perfect design really, the black one is even better design that the blue!
Oh and so much kudos for your photography! It is so refreshing to see actual good craft. I am sure you are a pro at making nice macro shots of flowers too right?
All your watches are a real treat. Don't ever sell thoee to anyone, but me! Hahaha :)
Cheers

Reactions: p0pperini

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
p0pperini chiming in to say that I absolutely adore your documentary approach, your scholarship and the way you credit the respective work to forum members.

Any chance you can do similar showcasings for other rolex models as well ? Would love to see that kind of work for 4 or 5 digits gmt master, for example !

cheers !

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Oh and so much kudos for your photography! It is so refreshing to see actual good craft. I am sure you are a pro at making nice macro shots of flowers too right?
All your watches are a real treat. Don't ever sell thoee to anyone, but me! Hahaha :)
Thanks for the compliments Reheart! Yes, I do like taking a flower macro from time to time. :)

Reactions: Marguello

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Amazing work, and (IMHO) the most elegant presentation of one's personal watch collection I have ever seen, but I am sorry to have to tell you that you overlooked one thing....
background music by Ennio Morricone :p

I guess I'll just have to whistle it myself as a scroll through the pages...

RIP Ennio (1928 - 2020)

Last edited:

assssiate

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
15/12/19
EU
Fantastic photography, these all look brilliant. I really enjoyed reading about them. Thanks for the post!

disconoir

Horology Curious
20/2/20
Wow - just wow. What a phenomenal collection! Let me know how you get on with the Kermit's am thinking about doing one as a first project, any insights for a good starting point would be great.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Wow - just wow. What a phenomenal collection! Let me know how you get on with the Kermit's am thinking about doing one as a first project, any insights for a good starting point would be great.
Thanks!

The Kermits have been done - you’ve reminded me I really should post an update that includes those. But you can see them in my other photo article about my Subs (see the “My Sub Collection” link in my sig).

Reactions: disconoir

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Compliments.. Beautiful collection! ;)
Thank you! I very much like your profile pic... I’ve owned 5 gen 911s. :)

Recently I’ve added a TC Rouge and a TC LV to the Sub shoal. I’ll be adding an update to my Sub collection article soon, comparing the TC watches with the Frankens and other 5-digits.

Giellea

Patron
Certified
17/5/18
Italy
Thanks friend.. I love vintage cars they are my passion. We will be happy to see your updates ;)