• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Releases: ZF Tudor Black Bay (79220x) Models (Rose Dial / ETA) Rep

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Hi there,

maybe this is of interest for some of you (at least I was pretty excited).

As I was more and more stringing away from the Rolex Submariner and more and more falling in love with the toolish charme of Tudor watches I decided that my next leisure time/tool watch is going to be a Tudor and for the sake of it probably a modern Tudor - so Black Bay it is.

Since I was always fond of the Tudor Rose logo and the circular "Rotor-Winding" lettering of the old Tudor Subs (e.g. 7928) I cathered towards the pre 2016 Black Bay ETA versions.

A bonus on top is, that the "older" version is also not as thick as the shield version.

So I browsed our TDs and most of them were out of stock for the "older" version. However Ryan at intime freshly listed the blue bezel version on his website.

After contacting him regarding the black bezel option that I could not find on his website, he told me that there is going to be an update on other bezel colour version in about 2 months time from now :)

So for all of you that also think that the ETA Tudor Black Bay (79220x) models are the perfect replica (hence the Asian ETA 2824-2 being built in there instead of the gen ETA 2824-2) we will have the chance of a possible super rep also for the older version (if they do it as good as ZF has done the 79230x models).

https://www.intime05.co/tudor/7106-...-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2824free-box.html

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
There was a so called V5 of red and other colours, I dont know why they stopped making them since those watches are very popular. Though they never made rose logo correctly. Did you ask Ryan about this blue model regarding to the print?

Reactions: Flyin_gnome

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Accroding to my observations what I could tell from the pictures of the provided link above vs. the gen pictures on the internet (large close up pictures via google) I have to say that the rose looks very good. The leaves are drawn correctly and also the rose head itself seems to be correct.

Reactions: Cadows

whalejonah

6/4/19
I'm excited for this release. I just hope that the updates include matching lume. I sold my previous black bay because of this, just couldn't get over it.

My personal hypothesis is that factories get the dial and hands from different sources hence the mismatch...see the tudor bb58 by ZF for example.

Reactions: Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I'm excited for this release. I just hope that the updates include matching lume. I sold my previous black bay because of this, just couldn't get over it.

My personal hypothesis is that factories get the dial and hands from different sources hence the mismatch...see the tudor bb58 by ZF for example.

Reluming is the solution

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

Just one thing ive found odd is that both shield and rose are 11mm thick on reps

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Just one thing ive found odd is that both shield and rose are 11mm thick on reps

I think that the old template of description was taken and just new photos were added because the title of the watch is also not correct as it would be the shield in-house movement version just by the name of it.

I will ask Ryan if he has more precise information regarding the case size.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I think that the old template of description was taken and just new photos were added because the title of the watch is also not correct as it would be the shield in-house movement version just by the name of it.

I will ask Ryan if he has more precise information regarding the case size.

Okay thanks bro

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
I've got a gen Tudor BB 79220R I could post some pics of if anyone wants to see anything in particular.

That would be great if you could post similar angles as Ryan from intim did in the link above so that we can get a better feeling of the quality of this ZF release.

Thank you a lot!

Draven451

Known Member
14/9/11
Thanks for starting this thread! I have also been a big fan of the Tudor BB specifically the red bezel model. I also recently reached out to Ryan at intime to check on inventory of these models.

I originally inquired about the shield model but didn’t notice the thickness measurements until someone mentioned it’s a thicker watch. So then I asked him about the rose logo model since it’s slightly thinner and he mentioned that it will be in stock in a month.

OP - did you get the impression that this new stock coming out will be a new improved version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Thanks for starting this thread! I have also been a big fan of the Tudor BB specifically the red bezel model. I also recently reached out to Ryan at intime to check on inventory of these models.

I originally inquired about the shield model but didn’t notice the thickness measurements until someone mentioned it’s a thicker watch. So then I asked him about the rose logo model since it’s slightly thinner and he mentioned that it will be in stock in a month.

OP - did you get the impression that this new stock coming out will be a new improved version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I noticed is that the description was just carried over from the "old" ZF Rose version. Due to the fact that there was finally also a V5 (if I counted correctly) ZF already improved a lot of details.

I took a look at the current photos an compared it to gen. For me the version seems very accurate.

BTW: The thickness listed at TD with 11mm is just wrong, other members on here measured the Rose version and confirmed it is about 12,7 - 12,8mm (which is like gen).

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
What I noticed is that the description was just carried over from the "old" ZF Rose version. Due to the fact that there was finally also a V5 (if I counted correctly) ZF already improved a lot of details.

I took a look at the current photos an compared it to gen. For me the version seems very accurate.

BTW: The thickness listed at TD with 11mm is just wrong, other members on here measured the Rose version and confirmed it is about 12,7 - 12,8mm (which is like gen).

Again regarding the case thickness: Ryan from intime got back to me due to my request to re-evaluate the listed and factory confirmed thickness (due to other members measuring their "old" rose version at 12,7-12,8mm). He also said that this must have been an error in the factory to state it at 11mm because it is actually 12,7mm thick.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Looking forward to the Black Bay Black of this. I really regret not buying it in gen. I think Tudor really f**ked it up when they went with their in-house movement - they turned the hot yet ample Black Bay into its fatter, less attractive sister.

Reactions: stufuse