• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer 114270 Franken Build

BandW

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/7/20
In forum, all most no one uploaded 114270 Franken, so I posted what I built.
114270 Franken build

Self-produced Gen spec Case Beta
Self-produced Case back Beta
Self-produced bezel Beta
Self-produced tube
Custom crystal and gaskets
Gen dial
Gen hands set
JF crown
SH3131 Movement
Ebay Strap

To make a better Franken base, I built a self-production.
fm615.jpg
fmrgt.jpg
fmBo2.jpg
fmQPE.jpg
fml0n.jpg
fmPts.jpg
fmC53.jpg
fmdKD.jpg
fmTNY.jpg
fmk1k.jpg
fmwMo.jpg
fm4gJ.jpg
fmsoP.jpg
fmuTW.jpg
fmv0S.jpg
fmE5Q.jpg
fmNBL.jpg
fmRNR.jpg
fmFK8.jpg
fmG9K.jpg

fm1Eb.jpg
fmISc.jpg
fmYeX.jpg
fmyti.jpg
fmnHp.jpg
fm84F.jpg

I finished up the Beta version through hundreds of modifications.
If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

It seems that 114270 model gives me the highest satisfaction among which I built couple of models.

fmxqj.jpg
fmJT4.jpg
fmVbI.jpg
fmg5c.jpg
foDBX.jpg
foZRi.jpg
fozKb.jpg

Daydate
fo39p.jpg
fo2qt.jpg
fohDF.jpg
foHs5.jpg
foLbE.jpg
foAX2.jpg
fo5Un.jpg
foUQ3.jpg

Explorer 1016
foihY.jpg
foWRs.jpg

Explorer 214270
fomnD.jpg
foosk.jpg

Last edited:

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
Very cool, will you some day be selling those cases? Me and others found out, that the replica 3135 movements sometimes are too thick for gen.cases and that the original movement retaining screws dont fit. Did you fix this problem with your cases?

BandW

Banned
19/7/20
Very cool, will you some day be selling those cases? Me and others found out, that the replica 3135 movements sometimes are too thick for gen.cases and that the original movement retaining screws dont fit. Did you fix this problem with your cases?

I am going to selling those cases in near future. And what you mentioned, I am done with that problem. What I built case is gen spec, so 3135 movement are not fixed , but 3130 or 3132 non date movement is going to work.

riderocket

18/9/18
Is this something that has been entirely machined out of a block of stainless steel or have you used some sort of existing case and modded it?

BandW

Banned
19/7/20
Is this something that has been entirely machined out of a block of stainless steel or have you used some sort of existing case and modded it?

Of course not. I planned gen spec case and used stainless steel to make it.

riderocket

18/9/18
Of course not. I planned gen spec case and used stainless steel to make it.

If you can make 5 digit datejust/explorer cases that take 3135 clones that would be even better IMO.

Where are you located?

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Case looks great, I'd definitely be interested if you end up selling them (or this example)

BandW

Banned
19/7/20
If you can make 5 digit datejust/explorer cases that take 3135 clones that would be even better IMO.

Where are you located?

Datejust and explorer use different cases which can not use the same 3135 movement case. So it is hard to make a common one.
I am in korea.

Drummania

Renowned Member
8/6/12
Want to buy this case set, too! I have my franken 114270 with rep 16200 case and 2824. It's my favorite watch!

BandW

Banned
19/7/20
Why dont you make 16610 and 16710 and make fortune?

There are other people to make these two models, and in my opinion, almost there are no gaps with these products what other people made.
I am thinking about what is going to be next model. When I work on it, I will post it.

Reactions: Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
There are other people to make these two models, and in my opinion, almost there are no gaps with these products what other people made.
I am thinking about what is going to be next model. When I work on it, I will post it.

I never heard of someone making exact gen spec cases. Who are they?

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17

As far as i know there is no 16710 case compatible with 3185/6 available. Plus a sterile one could also be used on explorer II 16570 build !

YouShallPass

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/6/20
Is the movement a clone or a deco 2836?

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer

Vintage Day Date case.

mascob1

6/11/16
It's very impressive !
congratulations for your work!
Is it possible to share with us the different machines you use and the different stages of making ?
I'm very interessed because I work in steel machining and I really appreciate your stuff!

BandW

Banned
19/7/20
I never heard of someone making exact gen spec cases. Who are they?

As I Know, 16610 is made by JF or ARF as a Gen spec. 16710 is not a Gen spec in LF or BP, but it is making possible to fit 28 series movement.