• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How picky am I? QC on a 116610 Noob v10

outatime

Known Member
4/2/15
Submariner 116610 Noob V10

How picky are you guys with cyclops alignment during QC? I'm talking about how accurately it's aligned and glued to the crystal.

I have a Noob v6s that had the same issue and I ended up replacing it with a Clark crystal. I was hoping they'd get their QC in line on that before the v10 release.

I don't want to reject this if this is really the best I'm going to get with a Noob v10.

fmigj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackIceBob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/14
You would think the factory could get the cyclops lined up better than that! I'm interested in hearing from all the others on the forum here to see what they say. Watching and reading with extreme interest!

5ive7even

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/20
I am awaiting an ARF 116610 LV V3 and it had the same issue in the QC pics. I asked the same question and the feedback I received was that if the rest of the watch checks out, better to accept it as the next watch if you reject, could be worse. I've concluded that if it bugs me when I get it in hand, I'll remove and reinstall/align later.

outatime

Known Member
4/2/15
I am awaiting an ARF 116610 LV V3 and it had the same issue in the QC pics. I asked the same question and the feedback I received was that if the rest of the watch checks out, better to accept it as the next watch if you reject, could be worse. I've concluded that if it bugs me when I get it in hand, I'll remove and reinstall/align later.

Yeppp I feel ya on that. I thought I could just adjust the crystal slightly on the v6s that I had but the cyclops was glued crooked. In that case I 100% had to swap it out, stuck out like a sore thumb.

Kind of a bummer, seems like this is more common on Noob factory models...maybe someone can chime in on that.

outatime

Known Member
4/2/15
Why you took this over zzf or ar? Just being curious

The price was right on it, the Noob was discounted. I do prefer the ZZF V2 over it, there are tradeoffs between the two but ZZF v2 wins overall for me. The price difference to step up to a ZZF wasn't worth is in my eyes...so I went with the Noob.

But if the QC on the Noob's isn't as good as ZZF then it might not be worth it if I'm going to have to crystal swap it. I was trying to keep the price down, you can't expect the world for a rep but a crooked cyclops is just annoying to look at.

Reactions: Cadows

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
looks fine to me. I would accept it.