• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 114060.....

buzz483

Horology Curious
13/1/20
Hmmm - ZZF V2S version or this......I know ZZF has the clone VR 3135 movement but I wonder if this ARF will be visually better....decisions, decisions

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Hmmm - ZZF V2S version or this......I know ZZF has the clone VR 3135 movement but I wonder if this ARF will be visually better....decisions, decisions

Visually definately not boxy lugs, sharp edge dial markers, high sitting crystal, bad SELs and so on. I’ve said this before ZZF is the only one you have to look twice on a photo to see if its rep or gen and now they’ve corrected some of the previous mistakes as well on the newer batches.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Agreed, IMO ZZF nailed it again on the 114060. I had the V1 which was almost perfect, now ordering the V2S as I love the Nodate too much.

But this is the ARF thread, let's get back to the topic and see what comes out if this new version IRL, I'm very curious nonetheless.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Besides all of the points above, date version arf v3 has a very loose bezel. Anybody that has had any gen swiss watches before will know it is not right when you move it.

Reactions: DR Russell

Rolexlover123

Horology Curious
17/9/19
Omg! Im so waiting for a review of this watch. How is this conpared to the zzf no date with a2836 movement?

R0L3X

13/1/13
Bezel insert looks great - especially the pearl and nice deep black. Hands are way better than Noon and ZZF (no jacked edges). Also the coronet on the glasp looks great and the overal finish of the bracelet.

I personally do not see noticeable flaws on this ARF

Reactions: NoNations

NoNations

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/18
I don't trust these ZZF shills.
All recent comparisons are biased towards the ZZF.
ARF has better bracelet and bezel. ZZF bezel is completely off.
2824 is better than 2826 movement.
Some say ARF bezel is loose while others say ZZF bezel is extremely tight.
ZZF may have good insert but everyone is trying to clean it because it is dull.
ZZF also has the big dimple in the dial and the X in Rolex is off.

Only better thing on ZZF is rounded markers....

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
All recent comparisons are biased towards the ZZF.
ARF has better bracelet and bezel. ZZF bezel is completely off.
2824 is better than 2826 movement.
Some say ARF bezel is loose while others say ZZF bezel is extremely tight.
ZZF may have good insert but everyone is trying to clean it because it is dull.
ZZF also has the big dimple in the dial and the X in Rolex is off.

Only better thing on ZZF is rounded markers....

....that could be swapped if you buy 2 CF hulk dials.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
LOL! So, do you suspect they're all working for ZZF? Hey, you could be on to something...

Or maybe you work for ARF! Yeah, I might be onto something...*

*Or, you might just be an ARF fan, and the other guys might prefer ZZF. But can't we all just get along? Think of the children!

Reactions: BOSSK

NoNations

14/9/18
....that could be swapped if you buy 2 CF hulk dials.

By pulling the markers off and putting them on an ARF dial? If I had the talent maybe I would but I'd for sure destroy everything.

NoNations

14/9/18
LOL! So, do you suspect they're all working for ZZF? Hey, you could be on to something...

Or maybe you work for ARF! Yeah, I might be onto something...*

*Or, you might just be an ARF fan, and the other guys might prefer ZZF. But can't we all just get along? Think of the children!

You have to admit the comparisons are very good advertising for ZZF and skip over some issues with ZZF.

Reactions: phdsjain

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
You have to admit the comparisons are very good advertising for ZZF and skip over some issues with ZZF.

In the words of Roger Stone... Never admit anything!

Hey its not a rocket science, just slowly and carefully

I bet most rocket scientists would balk at the idea of watch modding - especially if tasked with removing and replacing the lume plots on a gloss dial without damaging or marking the dial surface.

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
In the words of Roger Stone... Never admit anything!

I bet most rocket scientists would balk at the idea of watch modding - especially if tasked with removing and replacing the lume plots on a gloss dial without damaging or marking the dial surface.

You just heat it from the downside ;)

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
You just heat it from the downside ;)
I'd love to hear how that technique applies to fixing the lume plots to the dial... :)

Anyhoo... I've messed about enough, and messed up enough, to know that there's no such thing as "you just need to do so-and-so" when it comes to watch modding. :D

Reactions: Cadows