• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Submariner Passable?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
From the look of all the grease covering your watch you must have just finished eating a bucket of KFC original recipe. To me the biggest tell on these older subs is the grey bezel insert markings, but seriously, clean that watch.

Reactions: cpd2186

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Is this a joke? Because it's actually pretty funny.

10bc65b6d346740edb63cac25f274dee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

C0liz

Horology Curious
14/7/20
From the look of all the grease covering your watch you must have just finished eating a bucket of KFC original recipe. To me the biggest tell on these older subs is the grey bezel insert markings, but seriously, clean that watch.

Will do mate

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Just did that, added another pic. Any inputs?

It's fine, the crown guards are a tell though. I doubt your "friend" probably won't catch that. Do you have a life style that shows you can afford a $8K watch? Cause that's the biggest "tell" with reps.

On a side note, who cares what your "friend" thinks lol

Reactions: BOSSK and James2020

C0liz

Horology Curious
14/7/20
It's fine, the crown guards are a tell though. I doubt your "friend" probably won't catch that. Do you have a life style that shows you can afford a $8K watch? Cause that's the biggest "tell" with reps.

On a side note, who cares what your "friend" thinks lol

Is it obvious for the crown guard?

appreciate the input!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Truer word have never been spoken lmao.
any input on the watch? Is it worth it to franken the watch? How much will it cost?

You removed the fried chicken pictures which is very disappointing, but the watch certainly looks better. If you can get the case back off it would be interesting to see the movement. smoke can probably tell you the factory and version of that watch.

DR Russell

Known Member
9/4/20
Wish I could have seen the original pictures. But watch looks good and these guys input are always great. Couldn't have agreed more with the lifestyle comment as this is the biggest tell of all. Please look at YouTube videos on how to get rid of those scratches on the bracelet, it will make it look even better.

Last advice, do not show off your watch, just wear it confidently and I hope it keeps great time. If anyone asks, it was passed down to you ;)

Last edited:

James2020

1/6/20
^ Agree. Like what some people say, the biggest tell is the wearer. Good suggestion to say it was passed down to you so as to avoid questions on price, where it was bought, etc.

Reactions: DR Russell