• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s here!!!! ZZF V2S 114060 VR3130!

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Hopefully Li does one of his world famous presentation/review threads for the new ZZF 114060

[mention]jtimewatch [/mention]

Reactions: timmywatch

rrr27

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/4/18
the insert markers are dirty on the ZZF you can see that on the pics and would have needed a quick toothbrushing to make them pop a bit more like the gen.

I followed your trick, now they are better. Thank you !

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalev007

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Gotta pitch in here.
Zzf got cf parts, best insert and dial u can get on a rep. "the hole' does not scream fake, just like gen dial is 10/10 insert is good but needs a wash! And the movement is considered pretty strong. Well done zzf on the ln subs.

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
Gotta pitch in here.
Zzf got cf parts, best insert and dial u can get on a rep. "the hole' does not scream fake, just like gen dial is 10/10 insert is good but needs a wash! And the movement is considered pretty strong. Well done zzf on the ln subs.
Nothing wrong with the LV, especially when conpared to noob, arf etc

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
I have once asked my friend which owns a couple of different Rolexes how to tell between a rep and gen. He told me. If it ticks like quartz it is a rep but if the hand moves smoothly like on automatic watches it is a gen. No kidding. This is from the guy that has gens at home. So think about general knowledge of people that have never even seen gen before. But if you study and research you get good at it, so you get delusion that others can see what you can see but it is not true. I know what to look for in subs right now because I have researched quite a bit about them but the brands that I did not research at all like for example IWC, I would probably have 0 chance to tell between gen and a top rep.

Now about v2s, Li has told me he has them on a stock, I will be making an order shortly and will share QC pictures with you guys. But it will be probably next week.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think the hole is fugly. Will not buy.

Agreed. Noob and ARF dials don't have it, so why does ZZF? Still happy with my Noob V8

15721353539911.jpg

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Agreed. Noob and ARF dials don't have it, so why does ZZF? Still happy with my Noob V8

15721353539911.jpg

Like smoke said, they replicated a gen that have this exact dial while arf and noob had other ln to replicate.

Reactions: Valdon Sadiki

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Like smoke said, they replicated a gen that have this exact dial while arf and noob had other ln to replicate.

Maybe but if so that was a poor decision IMO. To go to extra trouble to make something look worse is crazy. I think it is just a machining flaw - it used to be around the hour markers too. That was never in gen.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Maybe but if so that was a poor decision IMO. To go to extra trouble to make something look worse is crazy. I think it is just a machining flaw - it used to be around the hour markers too. That was never in gen.

True. This is the cheap gen dial. Love it in the daylight/sun. Cf have to fuck up something on parts, guess it is rep rules.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

15721353539911.jpg

The thing is you are always happy with what you got until you haven't seen anything better IRL. I was happy with my ARF V3 as well the best and most gen like rep I've ever had after all the Noobs. Sold it the next day I got my first ZZF.

Sorry but the dial on that Noob V8 is quite awful compared to what you could have specially the markers remind me those on the lower cost Thai reps also the insert is not that good. Sorry but that isn't gen like or anywhere near ZZF.

IMG-2472.jpg

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I have once asked my friend which owns a couple of different Rolexes how to tell between a rep and gen. He told me. If it ticks like quartz it is a rep but if the hand moves smoothly like on automatic watches it is a gen. No kidding. This is from the guy that has gens at home.

Just because someone had the money to go gen doesn't mean he knows shit about watches in general. Due to their popularity, that issue is a lot more common among R-factory owners than others who collect watches and own various brands. I often see gen GMTs or Subs on sales guys at car dealers who just got it when they had a huge bonus and wanted to spend it on something. They had 10k at hand and Rolex was the first that came to mind...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The thing is you are always happy with what you got until you haven't seen anything better IRL. I was happy with my ARF V3 as well the best and most gen like rep I've ever had after all the Noobs. Sold it the next day I got my first ZZF.

Sorry but the dial on that Noob V8 is quite awful compared to what you could have specially the markers remind me those on the lower cost Thai reps also the insert is not that good. Sorry but that isn't gen like or anywhere near ZZF.

IMG-2472.jpg

There are always some great and better things on newer reps. But I wouldn't keep that dial for a second even if I paid for it. I would transfer the markers to a Noob or GMF dial, just like I'm doing on the LV with a BP Miyota dial. And then there's the Rolex X dial flaw, wtf? How many versions have to come out before they make a new dial cliche?

And what about the glidelock trackshoes? Are they still plastic? Seriously? I'm not trying to bash this rep it is quite nice but I don't always buy every version that comes out just because it's 1 percent better in one respect or another. There's a lot to be said for being content with what you have unless an upgrade is a big improvement. I'd rather put the money into a different rep and have two different models, but we all have to do what pleases us most.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcher and muiramas

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Sharing my accepted QC. Love this watch!
Thanks Jtime
Very nice, please send pics when you get it.
Now even though there not seem to be any major aesthetical improvements, the new movement makes this already best OOTB Nodate an even better one, ZZF is high rolling here.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: diamant

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
The rehaut engraving should be updated as well from Li:

The updatings on this new model are the super clone 3130 movement and rehaut engraving.

Perhaps he means just the Y. Though the bezel teeth on the pics at least look better as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
That particular Rolex dial was most likely a f*ck up on their part - the same as every other inconsistency / production error that gets termed 'period correct'.

Rolex has in excess of 8 different logo variations across their products, packaging, ancillaries, point of sale, and sponsorship, and at least as many variations of the coronet. This isn't a well thought out branding plan. It's not intentional. It's a tangled mess. It's reasonable to suggest the same variation / errors exists on their components as well.

That this dial with a big hole existed at some point in time does not make it desirable. The fact is that having a gaping hole around the cannon pinion so that you can peek in and see its guts is ugly, was most likely a mistake by Rolex or one of their vendors, and has since been corrected by them. This rep is also not the first time that a fault in a gen has been copied.

If you find the big hole attractive then great. But let's not get tribal over what factory makes the best rep - because that's just pathetic.

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Of course each factory has its specific pro's and con's, the "best OOTB" statement does not mean the watch is perfect.
It's all about what imperfections you're ok with, to each his own.

Roli19

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/20
Germany
Of course each factory has its specific pro's and con's, the "best OOTB" statement does not mean the watch is perfect.
It's all about what imperfections you're ok with, to each his own.

That's 100% true. It always depends on which flaws you'd rather have/don't have when choosing between factories :D

Valdon Sadiki

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/20
That’s not a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say that if its as big as the pictures show, then its a problem. I have also seen gens with same dent in dial, but not as big and eyecathing as this..

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
That particular Rolex dial was most likely a f*ck up on their part - the same as every other inconsistency / production error that gets termed 'period correct'.

Rolex has in excess of 8 different logo variations across their products, packaging, ancillaries, point of sale, and sponsorship, and at least as many variations of the coronet. This isn't a well thought out branding plan. It's not intentional. It's a tangled mess. It's reasonable to suggest the same variation / errors exists on their components as well.

That this dial with a big hole existed at some point in time does not make it desirable. The fact is that having a gaping hole around the cannon pinion so that you can peek in and see its guts is ugly, was most likely a mistake by Rolex or one of their vendors, and has since been corrected by them. This rep is also not the first time that a fault in a gen has been copied.

If you find the big hole attractive then great. But let's not get tribal over what factory makes the best rep - because that's just pathetic.

Definitely not a f*ck up this is ridiculous and there's no big hole where you can see the movement. How you guys even come up with stuff like that. Hole is as big as every other dial it just has curved edges like the dial itself has curved edges (like gen).

The curvature has been on the Rolex dials for ages at least in the 80s GMTs had it quite big.

And the dials are made in house not by a vendor.