• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF DJ41 V3 (Gen DW & Crystal) - Review & Macros

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Dear Rolex fancrowd,

this week I received my DJ41 ordered from Sead back in May. It arrived several weeks ago and was immediately sent to interaktiv for a gen DW & crystal mod, so it spent some time on the road before coming home for good. The quality is - as I expected from ARF - really good. The case finish is good, but the hand finish are superb for this price range. The ARF bracelets amaze me every time - had gens in the 3k range with worse ones. Dial print and index markers have some shortcomings, but nothing you'd see without a 10x loupe. Tiny scratches here and there on the case, probably from mounting the bezel and handling the watch on the work bench, but nothing to whine about. As this is discussed often in the DJ41 thread, I added a comparison pic of the gen and ARF datewheel print. You can see that Rolex does a lot better, but the ARF font wasn't really obnoxiously fat at same magnification. A lot closer to gen that I'd actually expected.

Enough said - here's some pictures... :hi:

NAK1Q.jpg

NAHHS.jpg

NA2gR.jpg

NAzNW.jpg

NAhML.jpg

NALo8.jpg

NAeTK.jpg

NA50v.jpg

NAW51.jpg

NAaBj.jpg

NAiN4.jpg

NAoKI.jpg

NAq1c.jpg

NAYDi.jpg

NAIMX.jpg

NAyob.jpg

Last edited:

Applewatchenthusiast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/20
Looks fantastic! How much did you spend on the crystal and datewheel? Also, any advice on how to achieve these amazing pictures?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Amazing pics, this watch is indeed a great quality build. Replacing the DW/crystal takes it to the next level.

Just a minor correction, this is v2. V3 has coronet between swiss and made under 6 marker. Also, in v3, ARF screwed up the Jubilee SEL/Lug fitment, it is not as slightly raised as yours (you have the perfect one)

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Wow these are some amazing shots, looks like the bracelet sits properly between the lugs too, haven't seen it on the V3's.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Bro - you've been here for how long? :laugh:

Two years bro but I didnt know who the guy is. Not that I dont read his name often though just never wanted to buy a rep (OCD game too strong), so im just learning here about watches in general. Plus this is my favorite place in whole internet, it helped me A LOT in some periods. I will repay by supporting next week for sure.

Reactions: YellowFin

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Just a minor correction, this is v2. V3 has coronet between swiss and made under 6 marker. Also, in v3, ARF screwed up the Jubilee SEL/Lug fitment, it is not as slightly raised as yours (you have the perfect one)

You're right - didn't really notice. Do you happen to know when Rolex changed to the crown instead of 30?

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
You're right - didn't really notice. Do you happen to know when Rolex changed to the crown instead of 30?

For DJ41 models its sometime in 2017. This was a silent update (to go with the 3235 release), so very hard to predict. Based on what I know people even got the older dials from AD in 2018.