• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Super franken build.

TonyBevilsizer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/5/18
tripdog is the second hand pinion for the 1520 really thick. It seems to be on the movement that I have. Like abnormally thick. I ordered another just in case. Maybe it broke off or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
That's the same thing I did, but with additional case reshaping. I built a 5513 and 1680 like this too.
In my opinion, I find builds like this is far more economical and worthwhile than to build 6-digit superfrankens.

TonyBevilsizer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/5/18
That's the same thing I did, but with additional case reshaping. I built a 5513 and 1680 like this too.
In my opinion, I find builds like this is far more economical and worthwhile than to build 6-digit superfrankens.

Absolutely. Way easier to finds parts.... well a couple years ago it was easier and cheaper. I just have a hard time finding the right info on some things. Worried that my hands won’t fit. I think my second hand pinion is damaged.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
tripdog is the second hand pinion for the 1520 really thick. It seems to be on the movement that I have. Like abnormally thick. I ordered another just in case. Maybe it broke off or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's not thick, the post from a second hand may have broken off on there.

TonyBevilsizer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/5/18

What do you use for brushing? The brushed surfaces on my lugs are done very poorly. I plan on reshaping further like yours and I never get the brushing yo look good