• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Impressions: ARF V3 Sea-Dweller 43.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
I had been lurking and lusting for one of these for a while after seen the rightly deserved hype. I am definitely not a hype person as you can see from my choice of watches as they're all older models that are seldom found anymore, with the exception of my Harrods Tudor and now this.

I was lucky enough to catch this catch-and-release from a fellow member here on the M2M in the US, so I didn't have to wait so long for it.

I must thank Uhr70 for choosing me to buy it and for sending it so well packed and with a very nice extra watch-pod that I love and swear by for traveling with my watches.

I undid all the bulletproof packing Manny so carefully and diligently did to protect this piece and it revealed a thing of beauty. Mind you, I have owned another version (albeit a bit cheaper) of the SD43 and I loved it then but had to let it go to make space for other reps.

This is my first 904L rep. Some do not see the difference, I did. The metal feels better and looks better (less coarse if that's a thing).

The bezel action is the crispiest I've had. For me, it feels very much like my brother's gen 116613 Submariner's click.

I have spent most of my time admiring the dial and the perfect date wheel alignment and font.

I love the fact that it comes with a half-link. That's something all watches should come with.

I did take the diver extension off. Not only do I not use it, it is uncomfortable for my 6.5/6.75 in wrist. It makes the watch look retarded on my wrist. My 40mm SD2K has it removed as well and all the DSSD's I have ever owned. I recommend that to all of those that have small wrists like me.

So far, it's great, but these are just 24hr impressions. I'll keep this thread updated along the way.

NDzE8.jpg

NDjrR.jpg

Lawny

23/7/19
UK
I’ve been contemplating one of these for a while but I always thought with my small 6.25 inch.... wrist :eek: it would look stupid. I have a planet ocean 42mm that looks ok on me, do you think it wears much larger?
Thanks for the write up mate.

Reactions: DR Russell

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
I agree it’s a stunning watch I love mine and I also have the latest V4 Deepsea which although a much larger watch with considerable heft, the SD43 fits my large wrists much better, it seems to sit more comfortably, it’s almost like the Deepsea is too heavy, It feels like it wants to roll backwards and forwards all the time even though I think if I’m not mistaken they share the same bracelet

ea406d833ae17fb1a78a5615b8ae2be6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 11 using Tapatalk

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
I’ve been contemplating one of these for a while but I always thought with my small 6.25 inch.... wrist :eek: it would look stupid. I have a planet ocean 42mm that looks ok on me, do you think it wears much larger?
Thanks for the write up mate.

It wears larger yet not taller than my 42mm V5 po. Larger wear is more of an illusion since the dial is larger on the SD than the PO, giving it a larger look.

Reactions: Lawny

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Nice watch bro. Wear it in good health! Is everything stock or?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
muiramas, no one likes a show off... if I hadn't sold my BP SD... I'd have all three you have too. :p

Thanks Cadows, yes, all stock. I honestly don't think it needs any gen parts.

Reactions: Cadows

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
muiramas, no one likes a show off... if I hadn't sold my BP SD... I'd have all three you have too. :p

Thanks Cadows, yes, all stock. I honestly don't think it needs any gen parts.

Haha! - I have a bit of a thing for Sea-Dwellers. Not the DSSD though - she's too big for me.

I just need the DRSD, but I need to be a bit better at modding and tinkering first.

The 116600 was my first rep - still running like a champ 3 years on...

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
muiramas, I've had all of them. I love the DSSD but I always find it easy to let go first when the time comes to thin the herd. The BP 16600 SD was the one that hurt the most to let go. I was just not wearing it, even after I upgraded it to a SW200.

My BP 116600 was bought as a project from a fellow member. It was doing bad. I nursed it back to health and then sent it to Oascom for a full service. That one I cannot let go. Too invested.

Cadows, no idea. Should had been not to long ago.

Reactions: Cadows

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Wow I could swear its gen xtal and dw....
Do you know maybe when that guy bought it?

I ordered it on April 18th 2020. Took a really long time between order, QC pictures, shipping Fedex (vs DHL due to Covid 2nd spike in China) and actual delivery which was end of June 2020. Not sure when this V3 was made but my guess would be end of April, beginning of May.

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
I had been lurking and lusting for one of these for a while after seen the rightly deserved hype. I am definitely not a hype person as you can see from my choice of watches as they're all older models that are seldom found anymore, with the exception of my Harrods Tudor and now this.

I was lucky enough to catch this catch-and-release from a fellow member here on the M2M in the US, so I didn't have to wait so long for it.

I must thank Uhr70 for choosing me to buy it and for sending it so well packed and with a very nice extra watch-pod that I love and swear by for traveling with my watches.

I undid all the bulletproof packing Manny so carefully and diligently did to protect this piece and it revealed a thing of beauty. Mind you, I have owned another version (albeit a bit cheaper) of the SD43 and I loved it then but had to let it go to make space for other reps.

This is my first 904L rep. Some do not see the difference, I did. The metal feels better and looks better (less coarse if that's a thing).

The bezel action is the crispiest I've had. For me, it feels very much like my brother's gen 116613 Submariner's click.

I have spent most of my time admiring the dial and the perfect date wheel alignment and font.

I love the fact that it comes with a half-link. That's something all watches should come with.

I did take the diver extension off. Not only do I not use it, it is uncomfortable for my 6.5/6.75 in wrist. It makes the watch look retarded on my wrist. My 40mm SD2K has it removed as well and all the DSSD's I have ever owned. I recommend that to all of those that have small wrists like me.

So far, it's great, but these are just 24hr impressions. I'll keep this thread updated along the way.

NDzE8.jpg

NDjrR.jpg

Happy summertime with the SD43, looks great on your wrist! :drinks_cheers:

Reactions: mclarendude

Mr Brooks Lex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/20
Glad there is finally an appreciation thread for the SD43 ARF V3 - I have one on its way to me at the moment, I bought from Sead, who has been a dream so far.

He sent me the QC pics which I have since approved. I was told that Sead seems to do a lot of pre-QC and is very picky about what he sends out, this seems to be apparent.

But that said, the ARF V3 is such a brilliant rep that the only thing I might do to it is a new movement ‘one day’. I had considered a prof crystal but after seeing pics, beginning to wonder if there is any need.

I guess we will see. Here is an approved QC of mine on its way, very happy with it.
53882a606f88a0e7ff13125dd1d09ff3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mclarendude

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Nope. Bone stock ARF v3. Just got lucky on my 4th copy.

Its really weird how they cant make Sub the same...
Anyways, just watched the video on Trusty and hands lume is much weaker than markers. Do you have a lume shot? Thanks