• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ARF Datejust 36 is amazing - but want diamond dial!

NecesitoNada

Looking Around
10/4/19
Just recieved my first replica. A 36mm datejust in steel/white gold with a black dial. However, my holy grail is a genuine datejust with the diamond dial (some people think it's gay, I don't care.) I have read a bit about frankening watches and I am curious. Could I buy a genuine black diamond dial and franken this watch? If so, where does one go about finding these parts? OR do any other manufacturers, like GSF, make a version of the datejust that has a good-looking diamond dial that I could franken on?

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
Just recieved my first replica. A 36mm datejust in steel/white gold with a black dial. However, my holy grail is a genuine datejust with the diamond dial (some people think it's gay, I don't care.) I have read a bit about frankening watches and I am curious. Could I buy a genuine black diamond dial and franken this watch? If so, where does one go about finding these parts? OR do any other manufacturers, like GSF, make a version of the datejust that has a good-looking diamond dial that I could franken on?

Post a link to your watch you just bought and a few photos would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
where does one go about finding these parts?
Set up a search for DateJust parts on chrono24, sign up for email alerts, and keep your eyes peeled. Join rolexforums.com, and subscribe to notifications from the "Rolex Watch Accessories, Parts & Novelties" forum.

You can also post a WTB in the Watch Parts section here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Islayman and KJ2020

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
Is it a genuine diamond dial you are after? Wouldn’t that cost around £2000?

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
I’m not trying to crush his dreams, just trying figure out the cost. Let’s say you do manage to find a gen diamond dial, wouldn’t it make sense to have a gen Crystal so you can see those diamonds clearly, then why stop there gen hands as well, plus the work. Would be very interested to find out how much that would all cost?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Just found this 2016 genuine version for £5250 would be interesting how much you could save if you tried to do a franken.
My guess would be, not a lot - and that being the case, why bother when you could have a gen?

Reactions: KJ2020

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
My guess would be, not a lot - and that being the case, why bother when you could have a gen?

Exactly let’s say you save £1000 what’s the point of having all those expensive parts on a £150 movement. I’m guessing the genuine version would hold its value better than the franked watch, and would be easier to sell, being that people on most of these forums don’t like diamond dials, if you did manage to source all the parts and piece it together.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Plenty of good rep "diamond" dials available. TDs will source dials for you. Their willingness to do so depends to a degree on the size of your order (also buy a watch) and your established relationship with them. I've not had any issues or complaints with these and they look fine IMO.

15682485303112.jpg

15708153872810.jpg

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
Plenty of good rep "diamond" dials available. TDs will source dials for you. Their willingness to do so depends to a degree on the size of your order (also buy a watch) and your established relationship with them. I've not had any issues or complaints with these and they look fine IMO.

15682485303112.jpg

15708153872810.jpg

Nice photos, mine looks similar apart from the discolouration the RG has turned copper now!

The OP was talking about buying a genuine diamond dial. I was trying to figure out the savings and if it would be worth it. A better idea to go with rep dial as you suggested, but I suppose if you do, you might as well buy the rep watch with the diamond dial in the first place, unless you could swap the dials yourself.

79ca48b419a69a7f8c49161836beb8ad.jpg

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

15682485303112.jpg

15708153872810.jpg

Can you take a pic of one outside?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

15682485303112.jpg

15708153872810.jpg

I have been thinking about doing a 36 126234 with a black diamond dial, and gen crystal for the wife for a while. Since ARF is not doing that one yet, I’m looking at the GMF (Linked) Do we have any ideas on what they are using as “diamonds” and I’m a bit worried about the setting. Is it worth sinking money into this one, like service, gen parts etc. also, what about the flutet bezel, is it an easy tell that it’s not gold?

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...monds-markers-on-jubilee-bracelet-sa3235.html

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
I have been thinking about doing a 36 126234 with a black diamond dial, and gen crystal for the wife for a while. Since ARF is not doing that one yet, I’m looking at the GMF (Linked) Do we have any ideas on what they are using as “diamonds” and I’m a bit worried about the setting. Is it worth sinking money into this one, like service, gen parts etc. also, what about the flutet bezel, is it an easy tell that it’s not gold?

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...et-sa3235.html

I was asking about the new 3235 movement, a watchmaker called Rolie on RWG said he has worked on a few of them and they are rubbish, some sort of Seiko hybrid movement, and to stay well clear. A few others said the same sort of thing about this 3235, but there was some conflicting statements with regards to what actual movement it’s is based on. Some thought it is based on the SA3135? Platform, others said 2824 or 2836. If you wanna see the thread it’s called, (3235 movement a anyone know what it is)

If anyone finds out some more information on this 3235 please post what you find out.

Last edited: